Moderator Requests

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 304K
We don't change usernames.

This is happening on a number of forums i use. Don't know if it is an underlying issue with forum software or if it is just me (and you) but we will investigate.

Do you mean a new window or the banner that runs accross the bottom of the page? If it is a popup window then it is your issue. If you are referring the the slide up banner ad at the bottom of the page then that is something implemented by the new site owners.

Nah not the banner just sometimes when I'm browsing the site I randomly get directed to another site which is like one of those pop up sites.

Nah not the banner just sometimes when I'm browsing the site I randomly get directed to another site which is like one of those pop up sites.

Are you clicking any advertising by mistake?

Are you clicking any advertising by mistake?
This might be the case tbh because it is an iPhone I am using the website on so when scrolling down the screen etc I maybe clicking ads by mistake. Cheers for the help Btw :)

This might be the case tbh because it is an iPhone I am using the website on so when scrolling down the screen etc I maybe clicking ads by mistake. Cheers for the help Btw :)

Touchscreen does have some disadvantages if you have fat stubs for fingers like me. Hopefully it improves now you are making a conscious effort to avoid clicking the ads. :)

If it's the banner I'm thinking of its orange and I've clicked it by mistake loads of times, there is an x to close it though.

Another issue im having, not sure if its related in anyway to the symbol thing, but when I click whats new?, and there is more than 1 page of new things, whenever I click to go on the next pages, a message comes up saying, "Sorry - No Matches. Please search some different terms"

Any Ideas?

Another issue im having, not sure if its related in anyway to the symbol thing, but when I click whats new?, and there is more than 1 page of new things, whenever I click to go on the next pages, a message comes up saying, "Sorry - No Matches. Please search some different terms"

Any Ideas?

i have had this in the past.

If I am on for example page three and I click 'next' to go to page 4 it occasionally comes up with that message.

Clicking the number to take you to page 5 and having a read there and then clicking '4' or previous should get it to work. Bit of a workaround rather than a fix but it doesn't always happen for me, if it does for you then I suggest messaging Sean/lee for help.

Just a couple of questions, first on my story thread and a few others when you type for a pound sign it ends up as a question mark? Also whats with all the trolling and constant millions of pointless threads in the past couple of days? thanks

Just a couple of questions, first on my story thread and a few others when you type for a pound sign it ends up as a question mark? Also whats with all the trolling and constant millions of pointless threads in the past couple of days? thanks

The pointless threads are spambots and we're trying to deal with them best we can. They are a pain in the backside but they're not being ignored :)

Should see some change before FM2014 is released hopefully. Will be a nightmare if we can't fix it before the mad forum rush on release day.

Guess so, except multiple accounts are not allowed. The idea is not to choose a user name on a whim.

Might seem a tad early but when will you be creating an FM14 story section? Will we have to wait until the offical release in a couple of weeks, thanks

Might seem a tad early but when will you be creating an FM14 story section? Will we have to wait until the offical release in a couple of weeks, thanks

Official release time would be more sensible, as any bugs etc would've been worked on through the feedback on beta

Guess so, except multiple accounts are not allowed. The idea is not to choose a user name on a whim.
The site does make your full name your username, though, if you connect through Facebook.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but there seems to be a problem for me when posting. Hitting enter doesn't go onto the next line. The place indicator just stays in the same place, so I cant paragraph things. This has only started happening today and I am using internet explorer (I know right its my work computer). I was on late last night on my home computer (Firefox) and it was fine. So maybe just a with the browser.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but there seems to be a problem for me when posting. Hitting enter doesn't go onto the next line. The place indicator just stays in the same place, so I cant paragraph things. This has only started happening today and I am using internet explorer (I know right its my work computer). I was on late last night on my home computer (Firefox) and it was fine. So maybe just a with the browser.

Try changing the editor mode by clicking the blue box..

faOspcA.png

Sorted easy enough :D Though it doesn't do that on Firefox (I guess because it is much superior in every way than IE)

How do I go about recommending a thread for a sticky?

How do I go about recommending a thread for a sticky?

Send someone like us a PM with a link to the thread and why you think it should be a sticky.

(if it's in the tactics section, send the PM to thebetterhalf. Any other section should be fine for any other mods)

Back