Came across this tactic on the SI community, and decided to try it out, was looking for an attacking 442. I started to use it in mid november in my 5th season with Villa, though i had done well the previous season, winning the league, CL, and a couple of domestic cups, i have now played 29 matches in all competitions with it, and stats are amazing 27 wins, 1 draw, and 1 defeat. the draw was away to City, i came back from 1 down, to 1-1 with 10 men. the defeat was LC semi v Milwall with reserve team. Not only am i winning all the time, I am rolling over teams, latest result 4-0 win away v Chelsea.
will post pictures of some results, and stats

what match prep, general training and scheduling do you use?

@Crags, did you use the match prep in the screenshot from the start, or did you set something else before the tactic became fluid?

Last edited:
what match prep, general training and scheduling do you use?
for all the matches so far, i have used attacking match prep, and attacking general training. assistant usually take care of team talk. i also ask assistant to handel individual training. been pretty much plug and play for the 29 matches

@Crags, did you use the match prep in the screenshot from the start, or did you set something else before the tactic became fluid?

Ive only used shouts for a total of 4 games.

Not sure if its just me, but I cant seem to get any downloaded tactics to work these days.

Most of the time I'm winning games from long shots, and I very rarely see my midfielder slot a throughball past the defence onto the run of one of my strikers. So basically im winning games 3-0 or w/e but having created no cccs.

I shouldn't complain really but I just want to know if its me or is this natural for everyone on this game, and with this tactic?!

I dont use any shouts, but this tactic has been amazing, got Crawley into the PL and I'm currently sitting in first place after 5 games, dont have the strongest of squads mostly free transfers, good work!

Going to have to eat my words.

To be fair I still don't know how I'm winning but the tactic completely dominates the opposition that eventually you just end up scoring 2/3/4 goals every game.

In the last 21 games, I've won 18 drawn 2 (which was when I was using the wrong match prep) and lost 1 ( which was when I had a player sent off after going 1-0 up and didn't know how to rearrange my team so played without my Right back). I'm top of the league and clear by 8 points (44 goals in 14 games).

Now I'm just playing around with the match prep to see where I can get the best out of my team.

@yngvevilla What position do you have the scheduling bar at? how many clicks to what side?

Going to have to eat my words.

To be fair I still don't know how I'm winning but the tactic completely dominates the opposition that eventually you just end up scoring 2/3/4 goals every game.

In the last 21 games, I've won 18 drawn 2 (which was when I was using the wrong match prep) and lost 1 ( which was when I had a player sent off after going 1-0 up and didn't know how to rearrange my team so played without my Right back). I'm top of the league and clear by 8 points (44 goals in 14 games).

Now I'm just playing around with the match prep to see where I can get the best out of my team.
When i have a player sent off. I take the CF of (right side striker)

Is there a certain type of training or match prep I should be using?

Just started a new game with Newcastle and ive only played 2 friendlies but it's been impressive. Beating Foggia 16-0 (Had 48 shots on goal and 24 on target), then beating another no name team 8-0 but the manner of it considering I threw out a load of youngsters is phenominal. Excellent way to start.