Just started a new game with Newcastle and ive only played 2 friendlies but it's been impressive. Beating Foggia 16-0 (Had 48 shots on goal and 24 on target), then beating another no name team 8-0 but the manner of it considering I threw out a load of youngsters is phenominal. Excellent way to start.
wow 48 shots

This tactic is driving me insane, although results are spectacular.

I concede too many goals.
I dont score enough goals.
I cant beat the average/poor teams consistently.
I keep smashing all the big clubs in all competitions. Beat Juve home and away in Europa group stage, just smashed Bayern 5-1 at home in 1st leg of QF.

Despite all this Im 4th in the league, 2 points seperate 1-4, then 14 point gap to 5th. Why am I doing so amazingly well, but it feels like Im doing horrible?

Last edited:
best tactic for me so far in FM 2013, i'm Benfica.

Thanks for sharing

qJs9i.png

I've tried a few times with using def pos as the training and ended up getting shafted, need to leave as is at the moment, one thing I did do, was allow players a rest before and after matches, this seemed to improve results for me.​

I don't know what happened in this game, but the Bolton manager must have made a terrible team talk, it seemed that my team would score on every attack.

I switched to this tactic in the middle of my second season, let's see how the third season goes using this tactic from the beginning.

For team talks you use what ? calmu assertively or passionalty ?

what about the gap between the defense line and the midfield??????? we have to fix it or keep it like this?

I have seen the sceenshot of the match prep being on attacking movement...what is the match prep?

Also whats the general thinking around shouts...shouts or no shouts?

I have seen the sceenshot of the match prep being on attacking movement...what is the match prep?

Also whats the general thinking around shouts...shouts or no shouts?

I can honestly not tell tbh still testing that out atm.

Does anybody know what play instructions the shouts "get the ball forward" and "pass into space" actually change? Just trying to work out if using them even makes any difference as I see quite a few of the play instructions have been ticked and therefore locked in position.

Does anybody know what play instructions the shouts "get the ball forward" and "pass into space" actually change? Just trying to work out if using them even makes any difference as I see quite a few of the play instructions have been ticked and therefore locked in position.
I been told on the Thai site just to use them when loosing, were i been using them from start :S

I been told on the Thai site just to use them when loosing, were i been using them from start :S

I've noticed that usually If im losing then my team start playing better if not actually come back to win. So that makes sense. Now I'm battling with two things: Whether the match focus is better on att. movement or defensive positioning and what click the scheduling is best at.

Lost the Europa Final to Galatasaray, spent a fortune in the summer(signed 3 players over 36-48 months when I only had £30m budget, they came to around £65m. I was expecting the board to refuse a £35m deal for Bernard but they sanctioned it.

I then lost to Stuttgart in the Champions League qualifier... 2 home games have been big wins vs average teams, but QPR did get 2 goals n a 4-2 where I was 3-0 and 4-1 up, then Crystal palace just got smashed 5-0, I only had 2 CCCs according to the stats but I saw at least 6 or 7 from watching the highlights.

Squad is pretty tasty now, be interesting to see how far I can go. Unfortunately I think CB and GK are my weakest points so might struggle to improve the goals conceded column. STs are good but young, midfield is really good.

View attachment 297081

Bakkali, Goretzka, Meyer, Romario and others in reserves.

I need to get my hands on a world class CB next.

This tactic is awesome i had been hoping someone would come up with a 2 striker tactic as nearly all the tactics on here that work are single striker tactics.Now i selected man utd to basically test it first before i embarked on a lower league team.Any how this is how i am doing i am currently undefeated in all competitions (i am on the 4th of january) i have enjoyed a 5-1 away victory over chelsea and a 4-0 and 3-0 win at home to liverpool and man city my only blip was a 1-1 draw away to everton in the premiership after 20 games i have scored 59 goals let in 8 which is quite good and both strikers i choose to play score well even if van persie is always injured lol.
my match prep i use team cohesion on very high and tactics till beginning of season then switched too attacking on high (general) and defensive position for match prep.
if any one wants screenys just ask but i am currently on ipad at the moment while playing it and my laptop is soo slow to do more than one thing at a time so i have to close footy manager lol.
One thing i have noticed about this tactic is the right winger is a beast i play valencia there and his stats are played 20 in all comps scored 11 assisted 25 overall average rating is 8.47

oh i forgot to add i use no shouts as the team seems to not be flowing as much when you use them might just be me but i am sure they play better without them and i clcik for my assistant to do team talk at the beginning of the game then i use common sense at half time and full time

Last edited:
I've noticed that usually If im losing then my team start playing better if not actually come back to win. So that makes sense. Now I'm battling with two things: Whether the match focus is better on att. movement or defensive positioning and what click the scheduling is best at.
Yeah as i say i can speak and read basic Thai. been playing with out the 2 shouts doing good. with the match prep and general i just used what bossanova14 put up as he made the tactic.

Yeah as i say i can speak and read basic Thai. been playing with out the 2 shouts doing good. with the match prep and general i just used what bossanova14 put up as he made the tactic.
Cragswfc; has anyone on that forum make a 4-2-3-1 of similar ability to this. Tried look through the forum and got pretty confused and you seem to have a good understanding of it. Loving this at the moment but have looked everywhere for a potent 4-2-3-1!

Finished my season last night, and used this tct for 25 league games, drew the first one away v City, then won the remaining 24. i think my goal difference was 118 scored, and conceeded 22. also won the league cup, FA cup, and the champions league (extra time v City). i don't use any shouts during the match, as someone mention here, when i'm loosing, the team seems to pick themselves up, and turns it around. 1 challenge is fitness, think you need back up on every position, and also give players rest after the matches. i tried changing match prep to defensive, think it helps. next season i will try and have more different training schedules, to see if it has any effect.
all i can say, best tactic i have used for years!
Btw, am playing with Aston Villa.