Confused...

Is this the same Tactic as this one: Sports Interactive Community

rich_genie - are you marcelo on the SI Forum?

If not, what's the differences between the two, and anyone know which one is better?

Cheers!

No I am not Marcelo, I am rich_barnes on the SI forum. The one I uploaded is an all out attack, throw the kitchen sink tactic. It scores loads and concedes loads but I think if you had slow centre backs you would get smashed all over the shop. It is very different to Marcelo's as his has been tweaked much more. As for which is best, I don't know. I have tried Marcelo's and it did not really do much for me but the one I uploaded allowed me to win the prem league with a newly promoted Derby on a 230k wage bill, but I don't think it would work for everyone as it is very gung hoand requires your team to be well gelled.

PS: I did not plan on uploading mine as anything special, I was asked to upload it. I just wanted to share that with a few tweaks the tactic worked wonders for me. I am not claiming it will work for anyone else, just that it works for me. Just try them both.

This tactic didn't do much for me. Lost my last 4 games and only got 4 points from 7 games...

How is rich's tweak going for everyone?

Season 2 I was expecting to be tough as I was in the champions league and had a very small squad.

I lost my left back and striker who was the leagues top scorer from the previous season as they were only on loan. I replaced them with a left back for 1.3 million who was not as good and a 30 year old striker on loan from Italy who had similar attributes to Billy Sharp. I signed 5 more players totaling 8 million in transfer fees, but only 2 of those 5 played in my first team regularly (a right and a left winger). My wage bill was 400k.

The season was both a success and a failure, I finished the league on the same points and same games won,drawn,lost as the previous season but Man City won the league on 90 points (I was 2nd on 81points). I lost in the semi final of the Champions League to Marseille with half my side unfit because the 2 legs were either side a league game and a cup game, and I lost in both domestic cup finals, FA Cup 1-0 to Tottenham with a very tired side and both my strikers injured and I lost 3-2 to Man Utd in the league cup final in which I had only 10 men for half the game.

So for saying what a small squad I had and that most my players at some point missed between 8 and 10 league games through tiredness and had to be replaced with championship standard and youth team players I think it was a very good season.

This coming season I have been given a £37 million transfer budget and a 800k wage budget, which is double my current wage bill, so if I sell a couple of my overpriced players and raise another 10 million to spend I should be able to do some damage in the transfer market this coming season :)

This was my first 11 for this last season and how my assistant rated them and how I would rate them going by their stats. As you can see it is not great!

GK Frank Fielding 3/5 stars (good keeper but low positioning, top championship/lower prem quality)

RB John Brayford 3/5 stars (pacey and solid but nothing special, mid prem quality)
CB Stefan Strandberg 3/5 stars (Awesome player, top half prem, newcastle/everton etc standard)
CB Ritchie De Laet 2.5/5 stars (Fast and strong but little other qualities, lower prem quality)
LB Jean-Alain Franchone 2.5/5 stars (Wasn't so hot but steady enough, top championship/lower prem)

LM Marcelo Estigarribia 3/5 stars (Speedy, good crossing and dribbling but little else, lower prem class)
CM Will Hughes 4.5/5 stars (Improved massively, has everything, worth 25 million, WORLD CLASS!)
CM Rodrigo Battaglia 2.5/5 stars (nothing special but good spread of stats, mid prem)
RM Marco Motta 2/5 stars (Good all round, can dribble a bit, cross a bit, defend a bit, shoot, lower/mid prem)

CF Manolo Gabbiadini 4.5/5 stars (improved a lot over the season, scores/creates lots, Top prem player)
CF Alessandro Matri 4/5 stars (stats a little like Billy Sharp, knows where the net is, mid/upper prem class)

i really think a few new threads is in order for this, theres are so many different MW tactics now.

Probably good tactic, but 4-4-2 is little old-fashioned. I like modern formations like 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. It is also too depend on specific roles(DLP,AP)...i like more free roles, you also need very good defenders to play high line.

But when you have right players, is tactic beast...no doubt. Especially for english teams.

Cheers!

Last season
1Mab7we.jpg

This season so far
lZK2hZK.jpg

Fixtures
EVzVz4A.jpg

All I've done is change to zonal marking and added run with ball often to the AP-s.

The run with ball often will generally help open up the defences of teams that play 3 cbs, but also give 442-teams a lot of headace. You do need a great runner though, with pace, agility and passing skills.

I would say though that the efficiency of this tactic is very player-dependant and the right PPMs will give it a great boost.

I think a left footed on the left side wing and right footed on right side is the best option. If you have this then a fullback with the opposite preffered foot and good skills at running with the ball is extremely effective. If you change the wingers, you should look to change the fullbacks too. This can help open up teams if all else fails.

For the BMW I generally play a typical DLP, and sometime change him to this role too.

The CF-s is very tricky. I think there is a few player types that will do well though. My best success is with an AMC retrained to SC. He had drops deep, run with ball often, and tries killer balls PPM, coupled with skills to match. Such a player is rare though, so I've found a strong striker and with good jumping skills can do well, as well as a rounded striker, I.e. Samuele Longo from Inter. A left footed, creative striker and/or good runner of the ball can also be very good.

For the AF I would definitely pick a right footed player with good finishing skills. Both strikers-roles will benefit greatly from shoots with power-ppm if they have the correct skills, as this tactic forces play into the box and most of their chances will be very close to the goal and they don't tend to miss the goal so a powerful shot will make a big difference.

I done this as well Did a test with Chelsea then did it with my long term save with Sheffield Wednesday

View attachment 325298

View attachment 325299

Crags,

Which is your main tactic now? I thought you had fallen in love with Qetesh's 4321?

Cheers in advance