Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
But thats irrelevent because it never happened. Utd were intrested in him before he said he wanted to stay in London and as good as say i want to play for Chelsea.

Maybe, but the point remains same. Chelsea made the bid and he was asked about Chelsea.

Anyways there is no point in continuing this. We have to agree to disagree.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Was he unhappy though that is the question?? Unless you know the man personly you cannoy second guess.

Same thing can be said about Modric. Wanting to move != Unhappy player..

Maybe, but the point remains same. Chelsea made the bid and he was asked about Chelsea.

Anyways there is no point in continuing this. We have to agree to disagree.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Same thing can be said about Modric. Wanting to move != Unhappy player..

But people know he is unhappy because he went public, Lampard never so we never know if he was unhappy at all.

But people know he is unhappy because he went public, Lampard never so we never know if he was unhappy at all.

Chelsea were the ones who forced him to go public with their pathetic bid.

Never went public but met representatives from Inter to agree personal terms.

Player wanting to leave is what matters. Whether he pushed for deal or cried in media hardly matters.

Chelsea were the ones who forced him to go public with their pathetic bid.

We didnt force him to do anything?? He and Spurs would have known about Chelsea's intrest before we bid for him and i am starting to think that 22mill is not pathetic. The man got the same ammount of goals and assists as a very out of form Essien last season, worth 35mill i dont think so.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Never went public but met representatives from Inter to agree personal terms.

Player wanting to leave is what matters. Whether he pushed for deal or cried in media hardly matters.

Saying that even if Lampard did meet Inter it was round the time when his mum passed away and he said his head was all over the place nah??

We didnt force him to do anything?? He and Spurs would have known about Chelsea's intrest before we bid for him and i am starting to think that 22mill is not pathetic. The man got the same ammount of goals and assists as a very out of form Essien last season, worth 35mill i dont think so.

You made the bid publicly when Levy personally wrote to Chelsea requesting them not to. When it's in the public eye, then the vulturistic journalists are swarming around him forcing him to do something. If you'd made it private, none of that would have happened and Modric wouldn't have said anything publicly. It was the whole point of the bid.

And who cares about his assists stat? His key passes per game and other stats that are completely independent of the team he's playing in show he's on par with the best in the world.

So Gibson is worth 20 Million? As he has scored same number of goals as Essien and Modric.

Saying that even if Lampard did meet Inter it was round the time when his mum passed away and he said his head was all over the place nah??

So we can assume Modric head is all over the place and once he meets his teammates in the preseason will sort it out..

You can't it both ways Jacko..

You made the bid publicly when Levy personally wrote to Chelsea requesting them not to. When it's in the public eye, then the vulturistic journalists are swarming around him forcing him to do something. If you'd made it private, none of that would have happened and Modric wouldn't have said anything publicly. It was the whole point of the bid.

And who cares about his assists stat? His key passes per game and other stats that are completely independent of the team he's playing in show he's on par with the best in the world.

So what about this ****** letter lol. Modric would have known about Chelsea's intrest from the off simple as that. If he was so loyal he wouldnt care whether it went public or not. He is suposidly known for creating chances, although i know Spurs had poor strikers last season 35mill is too much in my opinion. Is he up there with the likes of Sniejder?? No thats my point.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

So Gibson is worth 20 Million? As he has scored same number of goals as Essien and Modric.

So we can assume Modric head is all over the place and once he meets his teammates in the preseason will sort it out..

You can't it both ways Jacko..

Of corse he isent but paying 35mill is just too much for him. He has met his teammates and still wants to leave.

Of corse he isent but paying 35mill is just too much for him. He has met his teammates and still wants to leave.

But you said price should depend on Assists and goals, Gibson has scored and created as much as Essien and Modric. #theregoesthestatslogic

And also Modric won more tackls than so called Beast of a CM Essien..

If you remember properly Lampard saga went on about 2 months, there is nothing to suggest Modric wont change his mind.

So what about this ****** letter lol. Modric would have known about Chelsea's intrest from the off simple as that. If he was so loyal he wouldnt care whether it went public or not. He is suposidly known for creating chances, although i know Spurs had poor strikers last season 35mill is too much in my opinion. Is he up there with the likes of Sniejder?? No thats my point.

If you don't think he's worth it, why have you spent pages arguing over him joining you or not?

And the point is that Modric was forced to do everything in the public eye, rather than privately with Levy. He may have wanted the move regardless of how you bid, but you've pressured him into saying he wants it publicly and for the meetings with Levy to be reported on the news rather than them being private discussions. It lacks morals and shows absolutely zero respect for Spurs, their chairman or their fans. But that doesn't matter, because you're Chelsea, and he wants to move to Chelsea, so that gives you the right to do whatever the **** you like because it's your divine right because he "wants the move", despite the fact he's legally bound to 5 years at Spurs. A contract means a ton more than whatever he personally wants.

But you said price should depend on Assists and goals, Gibson has scored and created as much as Essien and Modric. #theregoesthestatslogic

And also Modric won more tackls than so called Beast of a CM Essien..

If you remember properly Lampard saga went on about 2 months, there is nothing to suggest Modric wont change his mind.

My main stat is that i just dont think he is worth 35million thats all. Essien played higher forward last season as Mikel was used as our destroyer. Im over the whole Lampard thing because we arnt going to agree.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

If you don't think he's worth it, why have you spent pages arguing over him joining you or not?

And the point is that Modric was forced to do everything in the public eye, rather than privately with Levy. He may have wanted the move regardless of how you bid, but you've pressured him into saying he wants it publicly and for the meetings with Levy to be reported on the news rather than them being private discussions. It lacks morals and shows absolutely zero respect for Spurs, their chairman or their fans. But that doesn't matter, because you're Chelsea, and he wants to move to Chelsea, so that gives you the right to do whatever the **** you like because it's your divine right because he "wants the move", despite the fact he's legally bound to 5 years at Spurs. A contract means a ton more than whatever he personally wants.

A contract means nothing in football these days and you know it. Actually a contract means nothing in all walks of life, a human has the right to change his mind if he wishes.

Jacko, we can leave Lampard as he didn't make any public statements.

What about Drobga.. He said "I want to leave Chelsea" then ended up playing 4 more years and still playing. So why didn't chelsea sell unhappy player? Now dont give me Manager changes **** excuses. Unhappy player is a unhappy player.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

My main stat is that i just dont think he is worth 35million thats all. Essien played higher forward last season as Mikel was used as our destroyer. Im over the whole Lampard thing because we arnt going to agree.

So by stat Modric was not worth 35 Million and worth 22 Million but by stats Gibson is not woth 20 Million? Make up you mind Jacko. Either stats tells full story or **** all..

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

A contract means nothing in football these days and you know it. Actually a contract means nothing in all walks of life, a human has the right to change his mind if he wishes.

Then what is the point in signing Contract. Ridiculous..

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

That contract means you have to pay a **** of a lot for his services. While they may mean less in the fact players don't stay for their duration, they still play a hugely significant role in every transfer.

A contract means nothing? You think that one of the must fundamental principles of our law, business' and society means nothing?

The fact is that if Levy decides to make a point, he has a long enough deal to kill Modric's career. That's significant.

That contract means you have to pay a **** of a lot for his services. While they may mean less in the fact players don't stay for their duration, they still play a hugely significant role in every transfer.

A contract means nothing? You think that one of the must fundamental principles of our law, business' and society means nothing?

The fact is that if Levy decides to make a point, he has a long enough deal to kill Modric's career. That's significant.

If I'm not wrong there is a rule that if a player is not involved in 10% of the games (When he is available) then he can move, something like that. Not sure. Read this during Ronaldo saga..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/31989-epl-fifa-rule-could-pave-way-for-cristiano-ronaldo-exit

Last edited:
I was lost in this conversation when someone said it was unethial for Chelsea to make a low bid. Can someone please explain to me how it is unethical, and let's just act like it's Crawley Town who made the bid in this case just so we won't be going over past incidents.

Last edited:
I was lost in this conversation when someone said it was unethial for Chelsea to make a low bid. Can someone please explain to me how it is unethical, and let's just act like it's Crawley Town who made thje bid in this case just so we won't be going over past incidents.

Because they bid it in the public domain in full knowledge it would be rejected, but did it anyway with the sole purpose of unsettling the player and putting him under public pressure, all this while undermining Levy's wishes. It's awful business practice with zero respect for the other party involved in the transfer.

Because they bid it in the public domain in full knowledge it would be rejected, but did it anyway with the sole purpose of unsettling the player and putting him under public pressure, all this while undermining Levy's wishes. It's awful business practice with zero respect for the other party involved in the transfer.

How can you know for sure they did that on purpose. I know it's a long shot, but maybe they just value him really low. And I see it as clever business, something maybe even Levi would do.

How can you know for sure they did that on purpose. I know it's a long shot, but maybe they just value him really low. And I see it as clever business, something maybe even Levi would do.

Its not about making low bid. Its about making it public..

If they value him at £22m then a £5m jump in the next bid is awfully big. And surely if the Chelsea board are such good businessmen (As Chelsea fans frequently like to point out) then they would be a bit more clued up on the market prices for their targets.

Clever or not, it's disrespectful and there are other ways to go around things. Every other club seems to manage that, read the Dalglish quote a few pages back where he refuses to name targets out of respect.

If you think he is worth 22mill then fine, but you won't get him for that. If you aren't going to bid 35mill then Chelsea should just leave it as that is what Levy will start discussing the transfer. Chelsea are trying to make the player unsettled, which is wrong.

Back