Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
This could turn nasty by the sounds of it. Modric goes to the press (which was quite a bad idea), Levy won't sell him, Modric hands in transfer request, unhappy player....playing right into Chelsea's hands. Can't see Spurs getting the value they want as a result

This could turn nasty by the sounds of it. Modric goes to the press (which was quite a bad idea), Levy won't sell him, Modric hands in transfer request, unhappy player....playing right into Chelsea's hands. Can't see Spurs getting the value they want as a result

Or Levy getting ****** off and want to flog him to other clubs (Spain, Italy). :)

This should settle the whole debate. Buying club should show respect to the selling club.

This is like saying if Barca comes calling for David Luiz, he should move as he has better chances of winning titles there regardless of the contract he signed 6 months ago..

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

TBF, Chelsea are known for these kind of approaches. The way this whole saga has went makes me think that someone has approached Modric or his agent.

If Luiz wanted to join Barca then good riddence to him. Just aslong we got a good price for a player who wouldnt even be able to play for Barca until February then its upto them.

Chelsea have been punished once in regards to illegal approaches, accused many times after but never found guilty because we done nothing wrong!!! Get over it!!!

If Luiz wanted to join Barca then good riddence to him. Just aslong we got a good price for a player who wouldnt even be able to play for Barca until February then its upto them.

Chelsea have been punished once in regards to illegal approaches, accused many times after but never found guilty because we done nothing wrong!!! Get over it!!!

Easier said than done. I have seen how you let go Lampard when he wanted to play for Jose. Not want to start the argument again as I have proved it with quotes from Moratti and also your DoF.

Just curious-IF he does end up going to the Chels, (which I pretty much assume he will), where abouts would he slot in midfield, once Essien returns to the squad? And bearing in mind aswell the interesting rumour that Scottie Parker could be making a return to Stamford Bridge as cover for Essien. What sort of formation would AVB use? Only asking as obviously, I'm not a chelsea fan lol

Easier said than done. I have seen how you let go Lampard when he wanted to play for Jose. Not want to start the argument again as I have proved it with quotes from Moratti and also your DoF.

All i care abouts are quotes from the player himself, i.e Modric's quotes stating he wants to join Chelsea.

I can't believe the stature of Tottenham are just medium. It's pretty sad to see our class players that want to leave, I hope he'll stay another season and catch CL again.

I dont understand why few are saying If Modric wants to go, Levy should let me go. Makes no sense. As Modric changed his mind to quit Spurs, he may also change his mind and want to play for Spurs again. Who can say he wont..?

Levy wants to take club forward and among the top clubs in the league. So he will do everything he can to keep hold of his key players instead of playing feeder club role. People taking moral high grounds and saying Unhappy player bla bla bla, just a reminder that they are professional players, no matter what happens in the off season they will give 100% on the field. They are paid for it.

I wont be surprised to see Modric end up staying at Spurs.

Just curious-IF he does end up going to the Chels, (which I pretty much assume he will), where abouts would he slot in midfield, once Essien returns to the squad? And bearing in mind aswell the interesting rumour that Scottie Parker could be making a return to Stamford Bridge as cover for Essien. What sort of formation would AVB use? Only asking as obviously, I'm not a chelsea fan lol

I have no idea lol, obviously a 4-3-3 is the in formation these days. Unless we are letting McEachran go on loan and/or letting Mikel, Benayoun or Zhirkov leave? I think we will see either Parker or Modric join us, if Spurs keep showing resistance then i think Chelsea will chase Parker insted (maybe as a decoy). Although Essien is out for 6months it will be about 8months until he is back playing good minutes again which will be around February/March so he will hardly get a proper season.

All i care abouts are quotes from the player himself, i.e Modric's quotes stating he wants to join Chelsea.

You can twist it as you want. At the end of the day No ambitious club wants to lose their star player like how Chelsea didn't want to lose Lampard and did everything they could do..

Going by quotes also he didn't say he wants to join Chelsea. He said he likes to stay in London and wants to leave Spurs. (I read it long back, if someone can post the quotes it would be helpful)

I dont understand why few are saying If Modric wants to go, Levy should let me go. Makes no sense. As Modric changed his mind to quit Spurs, he may also change his mind and want to play for Spurs again. Who can say he wont..?

Levy wants to take club forward and among the top clubs in the league. So he will do everything he can to keep hold of his key players instead of playing feeder club role. People taking moral high grounds and saying Unhappy player bla bla bla, just a reminder that they are professional players, no matter what happens in the off season they will give 100% on the field. They are paid for it.

I wont be surprised to see Modric end up staying at Spurs.

There is one massive difference with this case, Modric has actually hand picked a certain club he wants to join unlike many other who have said they want to leave just to get a pay rise.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

You can twist it as you want. At the end of the day No ambitious club wants to lose their star player like how Chelsea didn't want to lose Lampard and did everything they could do..

Going by quotes also he didn't say he wants to join Chelsea. He said he likes to stay in London and wants to leave Spurs. (I read it long back, if someone can post the quotes it would be helpful)

And Modric said: ‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.

‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’

how much more blatent could he be?? Like i keep saying not once did i hear from Lampard of even get the feeling that he was going to leave.

There is one massive difference with this case, Modric has actually hand picked a certain club he wants to join unlike many other who have said they want to leave just to get a pay rise.

How does that make any difference to what I said. Spurs are ambitious club and dont want to sell. It doesn't matter if Modric picked one club or 100 clubs.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

how much more blatent could he be?? Like i keep saying not once did i hear from Lampard of even get the feeling that he was going to leave.

So we have to ignore what reporter asked Modric about.. Like Modric what you think about Chelsea.. He out of no where brought Chelsea in the interview to say "I want to join Chelsea"?

And If you can remove you blue specs you can see how close Lampard was joining to Inter. You can ignore it though..

How does that make any difference to what I said. Spurs are ambitious club and dont want to sell. It doesn't matter if Modric picked one club or 100 clubs.

Of corse it makes a difference, saying you want to leave the club gives the club a hope because the player is undicided. But saying you want to leave for a certain club tells your club the player has his mind set and focused on this other team insted.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

So we have to ignore what reporter asked Modric about.. Like Modric what you think about Chelsea.. He out of no where brought Chelsea in the interview to say "I want to join Chelsea"?

And If you can remove you blue specs you can see how close Lampard was joining to Inter. You can ignore it though..

I dont need glasses, if Lampard wanted to join Inter then he kept it very quiet simple as that.

Of corse it makes a difference, saying you want to leave the club gives the club a hope because the player is undicided. But saying you want to leave for a certain club tells your club the player has his mind set and focused on this other team insted.

So that makes everyone think that you have tapped him up.

Still I dont believe he said He wants to join only Chelsea. He can answer what reporter asks..

Modric: I want to leave

Reporter: So do you like to stay in London?

Modric: Yes

Reporter: So how do you feel about Chelsea?

Modric: Great club with great players.

Headlne: Modric wants to Join Chelsea only..

Its very easy. Its either he was tapped up or his words are taken out of context as no player with high ambitions would rule out any possible move..

So that makes everyone think that you have tapped him up.

Still I dont believe he said He wants to join only Chelsea. He can answer what reporter asks..

Modric: I want to leave

Reporter: So do you like to stay in London?

Modric: Yes

Reporter: So how do you feel about Chelsea?

Modric: Great club with great players.

Headlne: Modric wants to Join Chelsea only..

Its very easy. Its either he was tapped up or his words are taken out of context as no player with high ambitions would rule out any possible move..

Haha so funny, so you think they are the only reasons he would want to join Chelsea then ay?? Has Modric come out and rejected the claims he wants to play for Chelsea??? I thought not.

I dont need glasses, if Lampard wanted to join Inter then he kept it very quiet simple as that.

As quiet as agreeing personal terms and wanting to join them only for Chelsea to offer mega contract..

Like I said No Ambitious clubs wants to lose their key player and Spurs are no different.

People say Modric gets chance a shot at title if he moves, but if every key player does the same, how can Spurs move in right direction..

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Haha so funny, so you think they are the only reasons he would want to join Chelsea then ay?? Has Modric come out and rejected the claims he wants to play for Chelsea??? I thought not.

Chelsea made the bid so he was aked about Chelsea and he answered it. This is the way I looked at it. Had it been United made the bid same quotes with United inplace of Chelsea would have been used.

As quiet as agreeing personal terms and wanting to join them only for Chelsea to offer mega contract..

Like I said No Ambitious clubs wants to lose their key player and Spurs are no different.

People say Modric gets chance a shot at title if he moves, but if every key player does the same, how can Spurs move in right direction..

Chelsea and Lampard were in contract negotiations anyway before Inter even came in with an intrest. At the end of the day not once did we hear he wants to leave the club so its a totally different situation.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Chelsea made the bid so he was aked about Chelsea and he answered it. This is the way I looked at it. Had it been United made the bid same quotes with United inplace of Chelsea would have been used.

But thats irrelevent because it never happened. Utd were intrested in him before he said he wanted to stay in London and as good as say i want to play for Chelsea.

Chelsea and Lampard were in contract negotiations anyway before Inter even came in with an intrest. At the end of the day not once did we hear he wants to leave the club so its a totally different situation.

Thanks for missing the point as always.

Key player wanted put, Chelsea offered contract as no ambitious club wants to lose their key player. What player said in media doesn't matter. Unhappy player is a unhappy player irrespective of what he says in public.

Thanks for missing the point as always.

Key player wanted put, Chelsea offered contract as no ambitious club wants to lose their key player. What player said in media doesn't matter. Unhappy player is a unhappy player irrespective of what he says in public.

Was he unhappy though that is the question?? Unless you know the man personly you cannoy second guess.

Back