Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
But it still has nothing to do with football, which was your initial point.

I know it dosent, mine was more for fun than making a point.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Bingo! And there you have your answer to why Spurs and fans like CJ are ****** with you.

Not at all, Modric wants out and Chelsea are trying to sign him nothing wrong with that at all.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Not at all, Modric wants out and Chelsea are trying to sign him nothing wrong with that at all.

Girlfriends may want out of a relationship with a new guy, doesn't mean the guy just goes out and bangs her - unless he's a complete dickpole.

Girlfriends may want out of a relationship with a new guy, doesn't mean the guy just goes out and bangs her - unless he's a complete dickpole.

Normally "that new guy" is a complete dickpole.

But don't you see, that was the whole point of the initial offer. Everyone knew that it was going to get laughed off and Levy even sent Chelsea a letter requesting them to stop and to not make it public. But what do you know, they made it public. There was only ever one intention from that bid and it was to unsettle Modric, and that in itself is disgraceful. Sick of the club.

Yes, I do see. If you read my post I said Chelsea should've made a 35m bid from the start, I understand the whole point of why they made such a low first offer. You seem to think I don't understand the logic behind it.

He won't look foolish at all if he forces you to pay top dollar for him.

Regardless if he gets sold for a hefty fee, Levy said in an interview that it's not about the money, so even still he would look foolish.

Wow. Just Wow.

So the way that you've gone about this is perfectly okay and respectable?

After receiving a letter asking for you not to make public a bid which was a ******* joke of a bid which was PURELY to unsettle the player, you still feel you've done nothing wrong?

I thought I was ******* bad. I'm done. This is completely farcical.

Yes, I do see. If you read my post I said Chelsea should've made a 35m bid from the start, I understand the whole point of why they made such a low first offer. You seem to think I don't understand the logic behind it.

Regardless if he gets sold for a hefty fee, Levy said in an interview that it's not about the money, so even still he would look foolish.

Do you think Chelsea will come back with a better offer since the 27m will be rejected anyway? And also whats your view re: essien and any possible replacement

Personally, if I was Levy and was offered £27 million for him, I'd frankly tell them to shove it up their backside. He's worth AT LEAST £40 million. Reminds me of when Man City did the same thing with Lescott (and yes it still rankles).

Maybe if Spurs showed the ambition they talk about, by bringing a couple of big signings (one a striker), it may have been a different story. All very well getting a pile of midfielders who can create things, but if you don't have the final product, who are you supposed to break into the CL spaces? Spurs are a big club, but unless they pay for the ambition, they could be languishing 5th and downwards for a while (though they won't be a mid table side), and the other teams wounded last season, will easily overtake them. Liverpool being one of them

Do you think Chelsea will come back with a better offer since the 27m will be rejected anyway? And also whats your view re: essien and any possible replacement

I can see this one going to deadline day to be perfectly honest. Don't think Levy's stance will change soon but as time goes on and Modric continues moaning then I can see it happening, maybe around 35-38m.

Essien is a big loss considering what we all know he can do. But the fact that we have Ramires now and that Essien hasn't been playing at all near his best for the past year and a half, it kind of softens the blow. Still a big loss though. I don't think we will sign a direct replacement for Essien, just will mean Mikel wil get more game time at DM, and possibly Modric arriving to.

Modric isn't a little boy. He has a lot to awnser for here, moreso than Chelsea imo.

I can see this one going to deadline day to be perfectly honest. Don't think Levy's stance will change soon but as time goes on and Modric continues moaning then I can see it happening, maybe around 35-38m.

Essien is a big loss considering what we all know he can do. But the fact that we have Ramires now and that Essien hasn't been playing at all near his best for the past year and a half, it kind of softens the blow. Still a big loss though. I don't think we will sign a direct replacement for Essien, just will mean Mikel wil get more game time at DM, and possibly Modric arriving to.

Essien has lost so much of his bite sadly. Last season Modric made more tackles and interceptions per game than him, though that also shows just how much Modric is willing to track back and defend.

Was critical of Ramires but he has impressed me this season, still has flaws but just keeps getting better and better. and I have a lot of time for Mikel

This is rather entertaining.

It's obvious that Chelsea wanted to "unsettle" him, he has clearly wanted to play CL football and win things which he isn't doing at Spurs.
So by throwing in a low offer chelsea can just see how interested he is in joining. If you want to be ****** at anyone be ****** at Modric for not sorting this **** out in his contract with his agent.
Would you throw in a bid of £40m for a player and have spurs know you're willing to spend big and counter offer like £50m?

Sure it's a little sly and "wrong" but it's just being smart.

Flip it. How would you feel if the likes of Barcelona, City etc. acted the way you have for one of your top players, say Terry?

Plenty of players want to better themselves with chances to win trophies. Doesn't mean the buying clubs have to act like dicks with no respect to the selling club.

This should settle the whole debate. Buying club should show respect to the selling club.

This is like saying if Barca comes calling for David Luiz, he should move as he has better chances of winning titles there regardless of the contract he signed 6 months ago..

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

sigh, you must be pretty ridiculous to make baseless accusations

TBF, Chelsea are known for these kind of approaches. The way this whole saga has went makes me think that someone has approached Modric or his agent.

Clearly you have done no wrong here. That just shows your teams lack of respect and class. If someone specifically writes to you telling you that a player is not for sale and not to make it public, and you deliberately do then its clear as day what your intentions are.

Chelsea need to sort out their transfer policy. ******* disgraceful.

haha writing to every club that this player is not for sale is such a bull decision on Levy's part, he basically showed the hand he was playing to everyone so tommorow if Chivas write a letter saying Erick Torres is not for sale, whats to stop the big clubs by going after him

Good idea to write a letter, maybe if I was the Hammers manager I would write a letter to every PLM club saying Scott Parker, Rob Green and Carlton Cole are not for sale at any price... then if a club does come in, we can all say this is so unethical etc.

Brilliant ;/

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Flip it. How would you feel if the likes of Barcelona, City etc. acted the way you have for one of your top players, say Terry?

Plenty of players want to better themselves with chances to win trophies. Doesn't mean the buying clubs have to act like dicks with no respect to the selling club.

oh please, if we do make an enquiry Levy will obviously say no... and we approached him in a proper way did'nt we, did nothing illegal and just made a bid for him, we are not asking him to rant or push a move through or anything, most of you forget that this is completely his own choice for doing so

And if as big club approached our top player like that and if the player starts to sulk, I say let him go, I rather not keep a player who will sulk his way through before eventually pushing a move through

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

TBF, Chelsea are known for these kind of approaches. The way this whole saga has went makes me think that someone has approached Modric or his agent.

jeez... some people will continue no matter what, just because we have done it a few times and paid the price does not mean we will do it again and again, stop making stupid accusations for no reason

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Wow. Just Wow.

So the way that you've gone about this is perfectly okay and respectable?

After receiving a letter asking for you not to make public a bid which was a ******* joke of a bid which was PURELY to unsettle the player, you still feel you've done nothing wrong?

I thought I was ******* bad. I'm done. This is completely farcical.

Levy is a saint right, threatening to ban Modric to the stands, reneging on a gentlemans agreement, feeding the media all sorts of bs... everybody loves to make us out as the villain, all we did is put a bid in, Tottenham rejected it outright and we did not tell Modric to do anything, he is sulking and thats his choice

haha writing to every club that this player is not for sale is such a bull decision on Levy's part, he basically showed the hand he was playing to everyone so tommorow if Chivas write a letter saying Erick Torres is not for sale, whats to stop the big clubs by going after him

Good idea to write a letter, maybe if I was the Hammers manager I would write a letter to every PLM club saying Scott Parker, Rob Green and Carlton Cole are not for sale at any price... then if a club does come in, we can all say this is so unethical etc.

Brilliant ;/

They can but they need money so they will sell. Spurs are in no financial pressure to sell. So they can say "Player is not for sale". Bad comparison though.
[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------[/COLOR]

oh please, if we do make an enquiry Levy will obviously say no... and we approached him in a proper way did'nt we, did nothing illegal and just made a bid for him, we are not asking him to rant or push a move through or anything, most of you forget that this is completely his own choice for doing so

And if as big club approached our top player like that and if the player starts to sulk, I say let him go, I rather not keep a player who will sulk his way through before eventually pushing a move through

Modric haven't played or sulked. He wanted to move and Levy said he wont allow to move. Then what happens is we have to wait and see. Whether Modric hands TR or just concentrate on game as if nothing has happnened.
[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------[/COLOR]

jeez... some people will continue no matter what, just because we have done it a few times and paid the price does not mean we will do it again and again, stop making stupid accusations for no reason

Jeez.. You have done so many times and there is every possibility that you might have done once again. If I'm not wrong you did with Torres too..

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Levy is a saint right, threatening to ban Modric to the stands, reneging on a gentlemans agreement, feeding the media all sorts of bs... everybody loves to make us out as the villain, all we did is put a bid in, Tottenham rejected it outright and we did not tell Modric to do anything, he is sulking and thats his choice

So we should believe that there was genltlemen agreement because Modric (Who wants out) said so.. Yawn..

Levy is not spouting BS. He is doing his best to keep his star player..

They can but they need money so they will sell. Spurs are in no financial pressure to sell. So they can say "Player is not for sale". Bad comparison though.

Modric haven't played or sulked. He wanted to move and Levy said he wont allow to move. Then what happens is we have to wait and see. Whether Modric hands TR or just concentrate on game as if nothing has happnened.
So we should believe that there was genltlemen agreement because Modric (Who wants out) said so.. Yawn..

Levy is not spouting BS. He is doing his best to keep his star player..

1. Ok so tommorow if I am Arsenal and I write to Barcelona saying Fabregas is not for sale at any price, has that stopped Barcelona or will that ?

2. Just because we have mad mistakes of tapping up players does not mean people accuse us of it everytime we look to buy a player

3. What do you mean should we believe?

4. And Levy is spouting bs, their was no reason for him to say after their meeting that Modric is very happy at the club cos apparently he is not and all that did was rile Luka up

I do not think modric will lie, he quite possibly could but I doubt it and then if we are to believe there is no gentleman's agreement and as I see it, it looks likely that their was one between Modric and Levy

Again if you are so content to believe their was no agreement then obviously I am content to believe we did not tap him up... you just making posts out of thin air really

Meh. Chelsea talk to Modric's agent. Modric's agent talks to Modric. Modric wants to go to Chelsea. Happens in football all the time.

Meh. Chelsea talk to Modric's agent. Modric's agent talks to Modric. Modric wants to go to Chelsea. Happens in football all the time.

could be true, not denying it at all... I am pretty sure other clubs have also tapped up players but their is no point in having accusations flying around now, lets see how this Modric deals plays out

could be true, not denying it at all... I am pretty sure other clubs have also tapped up players but their is no point in having accusations flying around now, lets see how this Modric deals plays out

My point is that talking to a players agent is not tapping up. I think Steve Bruce I heard said on the radio that clubs don't need to tap players up anymore because you can just talk to agents. Whether the whole thing in the press was started by Chelsea or Modric agent is debatable but I imagine Modric's agent will want this move to happen just as much as Chelsea.

My point is that talking to a players agent is not tapping up. I think Steve Bruce I heard said on the radio that clubs don't need to tap players up anymore because you can just talk to agents. Whether the whole thing in the press was started by Chelsea or Modric agent is debatable but I imagine Modric's agent will want this move to happen just as much as Chelsea.

maybe, I dont really belive too much in 'ethical or morality' laws anyways... my frustration stems from how everyone on this thread is making out Chelsea as the villain even though all we seemingly did was put in a bid

1. Ok so tommorow if I am Arsenal and I write to Barcelona saying Fabregas is not for sale at any price, has that stopped Barcelona or will that ?

4. And Levy is spouting bs, their was no reason for him to say after their meeting that Modric is very happy at the club cos apparently he is not and all that did was rile Luka up

I do not think modric will lie, he quite possibly could but I doubt it and then if we are to believe there is no gentleman's agreement and as I see it, it looks likely that their was one between Modric and Levy

Ok I will ignore the rest.

There is a reason why many dont agree with Barca way of dealing transfers. Just because they did it wont makes it any less immoral. Levy said not to publish, but chelsea did to unsetlle player.

So Levy is spouting BS, Modric is making lot of sense. Levy is a liar, Modric is an Angel.. Isn't it.. Sigh. Gentlement agreement is BS, ploy to get the move. He pays **** loads to agent and he should have inserted clause in the contract.

Oh I beileve Levy than a player wanting out after signing 6 year deal. I can see who is honest here.

Back