Modric not for sale, insist Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 9K
Or move to a club that can comply with FFP and has a chance to play in champions league ;)

Seriously though, would like to see what Modric has to say about this. If he wants to leave then ask for transfer instead of saying "Want to leave but wont ask for transfer" stuff. Man up and take a decision. Simple..

More a case of 'man up and lose the loyalty bonus and split of transfer money you'd be due if you didn't hand in a transfer request'. That's the reality I'm afraid. Don't think Spuds supporters are daft enough to ever believe that if the right offer came in a player would be on his way. Very few clubs in the world are in that position right now. 'Arry's whining is silly though - he's risking demoralising his team if Levy does decide an offer meets the right value. I know Arry wants one last good season at Spurs before he becomes England manager, but maybe it might be nice if he left one club without a hefty shortfall to make on his departure? Know Spurs fans aren't too keen on Arry for a number of reasons but his departure will trigger a very interesting decision for the Spurs board about the future direction of the club. Cashing in on Modric next summer thrown on top of that would not be the wisest thing to do unless they're going to put a similar amount of investment into place for the new manager compared to what Arry has had.

Huge dilema here for Spurs. I think they should sell now, they have a player who has said he wants to join another club and i believe they could get more for him this season. Reason being, if they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season (i believe they are 6th in the pecking order) with the players on the wages they have it will be a matter of time before they start to lose money and they will be forced to sell Modric at a cheeper price and the buying clubs will be in pole position with Spurs being on the back foot.

Huge dilema here for Spurs. I think they should sell now, they have a player who has said he wants to join another club and i believe they could get more for him this season. Reason being, if they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season (i believe they are 6th in the pecking order) with the players on the wages they have it will be a matter of time before they start to lose money and they will be forced to sell Modric at a cheeper price and the buying clubs will be in pole position with Spurs being on the back foot.

No way! You think we should sell our key player to the team you support, weakening us whilst significantly strengthening our rivals who we look like we could overtake soon with a few signings! Stunned.

Our wage bill is rather small so that point is mute. Since we qualified for the CL we've hardly spent a lot of money and we will hopefully be offloading the likes of Keane/Palacios/Dos Santos/Jenas/Hutton who will free up a huge chunk on the wage bill.

Why would we have to sell Modric at a cheaper price? He would have 4 years left on his contract and there is no chance of our finances imploding by next season (or any other in the near future) with Daniel Levy in charge.

#wrongwrongwrong.

No way! You think we should sell our key player to the team you support, weakening us whilst significantly strengthening our rivals who we look like we could overtake soon with a few signings! Stunned.

Our wage bill is rather small so that point is mute. Since we qualified for the CL we've hardly spent a lot of money and we will hopefully be offloading the likes of Keane/Palacios/Dos Santos/Jenas/Hutton who will free up a huge chunk on the wage bill.

Why would we have to sell Modric at a cheaper price? He would have 4 years left on his contract and there is no chance of our finances imploding by next season (or any other in the near future) with Daniel Levy in charge.

#wrongwrongwrong.

Even if i could look at this from the outside the chance of Spurs overtaking Chelsea in the near future is pretty small lets be honest. If anything Spurs have tougher competition and if anything have gone down in the pecking order. Insted of having a couple of big players on big wages and the rest on average wages you have a massive squad all on average wages which only teams reguarly in the CL can afford.

You also have the worst accountant in the footballing world in Redknapp which time and time again i have said will in the end do the same to Spurs what he has done to Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton. Its not a coincidence mate im afraid. He likes his big squads all on decent wages and they have abit of success which enables him to offer them more to keep them at the club and when the club struggles to hit them hights again they start losing money rapidly.

Come next summer if you have not made the CL again then you will be forced to sell one or two of your big names to ease the cashflow without a dout. My main point is why would anyone want a player playing for their club if he WANTS to join someone else?

Anything to be made of Modric's appearance in the kit release? With Bale and Van Der Vaart also in the picture, does this show the ambition of Spurs to keep them all this summer?

article-2005937-0CA71B4600000578-658_634x976.jpg

Anything to be made of Modric's appearance in the kit release? With Bale and Van Der Vaart also in the picture, does this show the ambition of Spurs to keep them all this summer?

Meh dont mean much. Ballack and I believe Joe Cole aswell where two of the players modelling our new kit last season but both still left the club soon after.

Modric looks good in blue lol. If we dont sign Modric then we will go get Moutinho now i believe.

Even if i could look at this from the outside the chance of Spurs overtaking Chelsea in the near future is pretty small lets be honest. If anything Spurs have tougher competition and if anything have gone down in the pecking order. Insted of having a couple of big players on big wages and the rest on average wages you have a massive squad all on average wages which only teams reguarly in the CL can afford.

You also have the worst accountant in the footballing world in Redknapp which time and time again i have said will in the end do the same to Spurs what he has done to Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton. Its not a coincidence mate im afraid. He likes his big squads all on decent wages and they have abit of success which enables him to offer them more to keep them at the club and when the club struggles to hit them hights again they start losing money rapidly.

Come next summer if you have not made the CL again then you will be forced to sell one or two of your big names to ease the cashflow without a dout. My main point is why would anyone want a player playing for their club if he WANTS to join someone else?

It is pretty difficult to be a great accountant when you're not the one involved with club finance. It's not his fault his usual chairmen have spent what they couldn't afford. Selling Modric would say a lot about Spurs' ambition (or lack of).

It is pretty difficult to be a great accountant when you're not the one involved with club finance. It's not his fault his usual chairmen have spent what they couldn't afford. Selling Modric would say a lot about Spurs' ambition (or lack of).

This is Redknapp, everyone knows he loves being properly involved in his teams transfers.

Ronaldo was in the kit release pic before he moved if I'm not wrong..

This is Redknapp, everyone knows he loves being properly involved in his teams transfers.

Yes but he can't force someone to spend their money, can he? If he writes a list of players he wants, and he gets them, then the only thing he can assume is that they can afford it. You do realise football clubs have multiple accountants working for them, if the manager wants to be over zealous with his spending, any board with a couple of brain cells would tell him to get on with it or sack him.

Yes but he can't force someone to spend their money, can he? If he writes a list of players he wants, and he gets them, then the only thing he can assume is that they can afford it. You do realise football clubs have multiple accountants working for them, if the manager wants to be over zealous with his spending, any board with a couple of brain cells would tell him to get on with it or sack him.

Like i say 4 clubs he has managed and all 4 have suffered financial ****.

Like i say 4 clubs he has managed and all 4 have suffered financial ****.

Correlation doesn't mean causation. All 4 have **** chairmen. If you think Redknapp can actually do anything harmful to club finances with a half decent chairmen then you're deluded.

Correlation doesn't mean causation. All 4 have **** chairmen. If you think Redknapp can actually do anything harmful to club finances with a half decent chairmen then you're deluded.

Obviously its not just Redknapp but its no coincidence.

If you were a supporter of one of the former 4 clubs you wouldnt be saying that.

And he's not, therefore he isn't biased like they would be. Fail to see how that's a positive point for your argument...

And he's not, therefore he isn't biased like they would be. Fail to see how that's a positive point for your argument...

Harry Clearly, And this has been said many times, Manages to twist Chairmens hands into buying players, He makes promises off certain achievements with this money spent, blah blah blah, and yes a lot of time they work, but when they dont, he does a runner.

Back