Modric not for sale, insist Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 9K
I think we should End this now... This isnt Luke Modric related.....

Seriously im not even going to bother with you because everyone knows he handed in a request and if you dont then it tells me all i need to know about you.

Reliable link to say he handed TR? All media bollocks which you are very selective. You want to trust those when it is about Rooney and you want quoted from Terry to prove Terry wanted to leave..

Double standard..

You mean Like Fergie said, Wayne hasnt signed a new contract yet. We offered him on in August he said no.. He said the club isnt showing ambition, We will convince him otherwise...

There is a huge difference from not signing a new deal and handing in a transfer request.

I'm sorry but Man U fans saying Rooney didn't want to leave or didn't hand in a transfer request, come on, it was widely known he wanted to leave before he got a bumper contract and that he did put in a transfer request.

Just look up 'Rooney transfer request' and i'm sure you'll find necessary articles/stories.

Reliable link to say he handed TR? All media bollocks which you are very selective. You want to trust those when it is about Rooney and you want quoted from Terry to prove Terry wanted to leave..

Double standard..

I dont even need too its that obvious

OK, let's stop, just one last contribution: Click me

My last post on this, Not signing contract is not same as submitting transfer request. He didn't officially submit transfer request. He refused to sign a contract.

Guys, keep this thread on topic. You all have respective club threads to discuss this tiresome **** on.

Look if Modric wants a move, fair play to him really, Spurs probably wont get CL football next year and its only fair that a player of Modrics talent deserves to play in the CL... I mean for example if any of you were at Spurs and then you hear that a club such as Chelsea has put in a bid for you, a club with a ambitious owner, great team which is in the CL regularly year after year and has every chance of winning it in the coming years, u would surely consider a move there instead... no offence to any Spurs fans but I am calling it as I see it..

Look if Modric wants a move, fair play to him really, Spurs probably wont get CL football next year and its only fair that a player of Modrics talent deserves to play in the CL... I mean for example if any of you were at Spurs and then you hear that a club such as Chelsea has put in a bid for you, a club with a ambitious owner, great team which is in the CL regularly year after year and has every chance of winning it in the coming years, u would surely consider a move there instead... no offence to any Spurs fans but I am calling it as I see it..

Or move to a club that can comply with FFP and has a chance to play in champions league ;)

Seriously though, would like to see what Modric has to say about this. If he wants to leave then ask for transfer instead of saying "Want to leave but wont ask for transfer" stuff. Man up and take a decision. Simple..

Or move to a club that can comply with FFP and has a chance to play in champions league ;)

Seriously though, would like to see what Modric has to say about this. If he wants to leave then ask for transfer instead of saying "Want to leave but wont ask for transfer" stuff. Man up and take a decision. Simple..

Maybe he just respects the club that made him the player he is, and understands loyalty? Players shouldn't have the power to decide where they want to play when they're under contract.

Maybe he just respects the club that made him the player he is, and understands loyalty? Players shouldn't have the power to decide where they want to play when they're under contract.

Exactly. I agree with that. But instead of all this he could have had a chat with Levy and come out with a definitive statement. With him saying will consider leaving, Levy saying he wont sell at any price, will only add to spurs supporters agony..

And btw I wont say Spurs made him the player he is, he was already very well known players.

Exactly. I agree with that. But instead of all this he could have had a chat with Levy and come out with a definitive statement. With him saying will consider leaving, Levy saying he wont sell at any price, will only add to spurs supporters agony..

And btw I wont say Spurs made him the player he is, he was already very well known players.

Yeah fair enough, but Spurs gave him the platform to showcase his talent to the rest of the world. The two have probably already made an agreement. It sounds to me as though he wants to leave and Levy will want to get the best price for the club. If he made it public knowledge that he wanted to leave, say by handing in a transfer request, it pushes his value down. I think he will leave, but only if the offer is right for Spurs

Yeah fair enough, but Spurs gave him the platform to showcase his talent to the rest of the world. The two have probably already made an agreement. It sounds to me as though he wants to leave and Levy will want to get the best price for the club. If he made it public knowledge that he wanted to leave, say by handing in a transfer request, it pushes his value down. I think he will leave, but only if the offer is right for Spurs

Probably. We all can just speculate.. IMO he will play this season for Spurs and if they dont finish in the top 4 then he will move..

I want Modric to be our CM, but if he stay at Spurs this season and if we buy any other CM, then I dont think we will buy Modric next season.. He would fit in so well at United as ours and Spurs style is almost same..

not going to go through all this again, I suppose u think ur smarter in financial matters than our owner.. stay deluded ;)

Probably. We all can just speculate.. IMO he will play this season for Spurs and if they dont finish in the top 4 then he will move..

I want Modric to be our CM, but if he stay at Spurs this season and if we buy any other CM, then I dont think we will buy Modric next season.. He would fit in so well at United as ours and Spurs style is almost same..

Perhaps that will be too late then, though. The respective clubs that are in for him, Chelsea and Man Utd, will pruchase replacements for that area this season due to the new rules. They then may not need Modric, then he'll be stuffed. That being said, he is quality and can't imagine a CL club wouldn't want him, just perhaps not the ones stated now.

Back