Monney !

TamMcCann

Reaction score
Does anyone share the same opinion that footballers get paid far too much? At times It really does put me off football :S.

Yes but ask yourself this,
If you get Rangers chapping your door tomorrow and offering you a £30,000 contract would you say no?

Yes. But I would kill for their wages.

Although a lot of players are being paid absurd amounts of money (Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi etc.) which is incredibly unnecessary.

They do get paid loads, but its because of the amount of money that is in the business. The more money your club has, the higher wages they can afford, so the higher wages players demand. For example, if you were at man city, you know they are loaded, would you ask for a wage of £5000, or £250000?

It would be 250k because you know they can pay it.

At blackpool you are lucky if anyone is making over 10k

Yes but ask yourself this,
If you get Rangers chapping your door tomorrow and offering you a £30,000 contract would you say no?

Obvcouse I wouldnt say no but Its the players that rejected hefty contracts because they want more, for example Wayne Rooney!

if i was ferguson and rooney wanted that much i would have shown him the door

no one is worth that an lets be honest rooneys been wank this season

You're right players get too greedy and I often find myself asking "Who do these guys think they are?" when they want more and more.
But the world in which we live in has football as a very popular sport which money is poured into so it's not going to change any time soon and I just hope I'm not still here in 70 years when players start getting tranfered for £1 billion.

It's ridiculous but it is just the amount of money in football nowadays.
I always see facebook groups and stuff like "Soldiers should get footballers wages"
and it annoys me so much because if they were asked to pay about £30,000 more a week in taxes to cover this extra wage they'd know the world had gone mad.
This is all money from private investors, it's almost supply and demand, there's only 1 Cristiano Ronaldo so there's not much of a supply of truly world class players for all of the teams in the world so big business men are willing to spend £200,000 a week on this players wages.
And then the fact that football is such a huge market for everyone in the world, people are willing to throw their millions into it knowing they'll get a return, them millions could be spent in better places but the market in almost everything is smaller compared to football.

You're right players get too greedy and I often find myself asking "Who do these guys think they are?" when they want more and more.
But the world in which we live in has football as a very popular sport which money is poured into so it's not going to change any time soon and I just hope I'm not still here in 70 years when players start getting tranfered for £1 billion.

Spot on mate, It wont be long till a transfer is pastthe 100million mark. I have read afew books wrote by Rangers players from years ago and they got paid like £50 !

Spot on mate, It wont be long till a transfer is pastthe 100million mark. I have read afew books wrote by Rangers players from years ago and they got paid like £50 !

The thing that really ****** me off is that legends of the game like Davie Cooper, Jinky Johnstone, the proper greats got paid squat but if they played in this day they'd be on £100,000 a week somewhere.

The thing that really ****** me off is that legends of the game like Davie Cooper, Jinky Johnstone, the proper greats got paid squat but if they played in this day they'd be on £100,000 a week somewhere.

The wages have risen sharply but still don't forget that there is inflation to account for too.

Back then players like them had more commitment to their team where as now it's nothing like that, Football is motivated by monney.

Yes it's ridiculous. Although who wouldn't :wub: being paid that ammount for a trainig sessions and a 90 minute match ?...

it's a business, the better you are, the more you get paid (theoretically). so the richer the owner, the higher the wage bill, which means "better" players, which = more money.

Well at the end of the day its peoples money so they do what they want, some people don't understand how hard it is to be a footballer and ofcourse it's true ... why are soldiers getting paid less than footballers but shouldn't you ask the government that and not the private investors...