More Than A Club: Emulating Barca's Philosophy

Very intresting thread here sean, should definitely try this one out! Have some questions though!

Would it, or could i implement this tactical philosophy even with a lower ranked team in the country i want to start in?

Having some teams a deadly wanna try this one with; Leeds, Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich, Fulham etc. (open for other temas that this would fit in to) maybe you could give me some suggestions?!

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Ohh btw, do you use the same approach (attacking) booth home and away?

cheers:wub:

Hi there, from the list you have written, I think Southampton could be class with this tactic, as well as building a Barca like philosophy, got some quality midfielders and Ramirez could be a classy Trequartista. Not to mention their amazing youth facilities!

Hi there, from the list you have written, I think Southampton could be class with this tactic, as well as building a Barca like philosophy, got some quality midfielders and Ramirez could be a classy Trequartista. Not to mention their amazing youth facilities!

Thanks, i picked Blackburn at last! :) amazing facilities there too, a little more of a challenge though since they are in the championship!!

Cheers

Edit;
Do you use the exactly same tactic booth home and away?!

Thanks, i picked Blackburn at last! :) amazing facilities there too, a little more of a challenge though since they are in the championship!!

Cheers

Edit;
Do you use the exactly same tactic booth home and away?!

Yeah use exactly the same home and away. Sometimes I switch to control if I go 2-0 up, or seeing out the last 10 minutes.

The one problem i seem to have is when a team plays in an ultra-defensive manner. Very tough to break down! I'm working on a 4-2-3-1 tweak that will help with this.

Also Blackburn are an interesting one, Ruben Rochina should be good in the trequartista role.

Last edited:
Yeah use exactly the same home and away. Sometimes I switch to control if I go 2-0 up, or seeing out the last 10 minutes.

The one problem i seem to have is when a team plays in an ultra-defensive manner. Very tough to break down! I'm working on a 4-2-3-1 tweak that will help with this.

Also Blackburn are an interesting one, Ruben Rochina should be good in the trequartista role.

Thanks! First game vs Celtic 2-0 to me :) perfect result!! Okey, havent noticed that yet, but it will maybe come?

Yeah, they are actually. He is away on loan, cant use him until next season :(

Sean - I'm using this with Sporting CP in Portugal and getting some cracking results, I change it up front between van Wolfswinkel and Rubio, both of whom are not tranquartista's but they are still scoring a lot of goals, should I try and change it or is it ok to keep them there if there scoring? Also are you updating the tactic still, to get more out of it?

Sean, is this tactic about possession, tiki-taka passing or both?

May test with Roma would Lamela work as the winger even though he's left footed

Sean - I'm using this with Sporting CP in Portugal and getting some cracking results, I change it up front between van Wolfswinkel and Rubio, both of whom are not tranquartista's but they are still scoring a lot of goals, should I try and change it or is it ok to keep them there if there scoring? Also are you updating the tactic still, to get more out of it?

If they're performing then why change it :) Yes I will continue to update, I've got a 4-2-3-1 version that I'm using for when I'm struggling to break a team down, seems to work pretty well!

Sean, is this tactic about possession, tiki-taka passing or both?

I'd say the two go hand in hand, so its both really.

May test with Roma would Lamela work as the winger even though he's left footed

Yes no reason why he wouldn't be able to. The winger is moves into channels, so it then become the players choice whether to cut in or go to the byline.

After testing the 4231 could you put it up ad can I see some ss of how the wingers and advanced playmaker perform when using the 4231

Hi sean your tactic looks good I have been making my own tika taka style for notts county and has done very well some games I get up to 63% passing and my main midfielders get around 92 pass completion my version of xavi

View attachment 375148

If you would like to add there player instruction to help perfect your goal in making the perfect Barcelona Philosophy

****** great, just as i was getting back into normal mode again, youve gone a posted a decent looking tactic that i can use on FMC LOL :D thats good tho cause i can play as liverpool and donkey nose doesnt want to leave, so can play him upfront, coutinho on left and sterling right, cracking three, if i was playing normal with lfc marshall update, id play aspas/sturridge upfront, coutinho left, and sterling right, could play gerrard as xavi and luis alberto as iniesta role, not bad, i think the spurs right back, ****** cant remember his name, would be perfect right back, great defensively and great going forward :)

****** great, just as i was getting back into normal mode again, youve gone a posted a decent looking tactic that i can use on FMC LOL :D thats good tho cause i can play as liverpool and donkey nose doesnt want to leave, so can play him upfront, coutinho on left and sterling right, cracking three, if i was playing normal with lfc marshall update, id play aspas/sturridge upfront, coutinho left, and sterling right, could play gerrard as xavi and luis alberto as iniesta role, not bad, i think the spurs right back, ****** cant remember his name, would be perfect right back, great defensively and great going forward :)

Gerrard has the "gets forward whenever possible" ppm, which isn't great for a DLP.

is this just big team tac or is it like you awsome 442 where you can use it with any 1?

Gerrard has the "gets forward whenever possible" ppm, which isn't great for a DLP.

and thats going to stop you playing him there, just untrain it or use fmrte and take it off, not the end of the world tho is it?

kyle walker i meant for right back

and thats going to stop you playing him there, just untrain it or use fmrte and take it off, not the end of the world tho is it?

kyle walker i meant for right back

That can take months and the other is cheating. With Liverpool you have Joe Allen who is a better fit for the DLP role.

my game mate i can cheat if i want, actually commit a crime and use gerrard as backup then, lucas, allen, and alberto then, to be honest i dont take no notice of their ppms, although will have to now im playing the game properly again

my game mate i can cheat if i want, actually commit a crime and use gerrard as backup then, lucas, allen, and alberto then, to be honest i dont take no notice of their ppms, although will have to now im playing the game properly again

Why not use Gerrard as the AP and Alberto as back up? Just trying to help you, no need to be a complete and utter arsehole.

After testing the 4231 could you put it up ad can I see some ss of how the wingers and advanced playmaker perform when using the 4231

At the moment I have only been using the 4-2-3-1 for snippets of a game, switching with the 4-3-3 so it would be difficult to tell exactly what impact it makes. What I do know that it is very effective in breaking down stubborn teams!

Basically the anchor man become a ball winner higher up the field, the defence push up and the advanced playmaker operates alongside the trequartista, making marking very difficult. Of course it is much more susceptible to the counter attack so you need to be careful when to use it.

Liverpool have a great squad to test this, particularly if you use LFCMarshalls update. Gerrard would do well in the AP role, while Allen is solid in the DLP role with Lucas holding. However the squad is pretty threadbare beyond those 3 in the middle so I'd suggest getting in another midfielder for the DLP role that can really control the midfield, maybe Benat.

Why not use Gerrard as the AP and Alberto as back up? Just trying to help you, no need to be a complete and utter arsehole.

well done for swearing, would you like to **** me in my arsehole, sick and tired of ******** ******* know it alls in this ******* place, how are you trying to help when you just question everything i post, did i need your help no, do i want your help no, so im an arsehole for stating that its my game, so ******* what and Kitchen75 you liked his post because he swore WOW well done, do me a favor and pm with your responses because i dont want to ruin a good thread because of two wankers like u, so now you have every right to call me an arsehole, not because what i put before, ******* idiots