More Than A Club: Emulating Barca's Philosophy

Liverpool have a great squad to test this, particularly if you use LFCMarshalls update. Gerrard would do well in the AP role, while Allen is solid in the DLP role with Lucas holding. However the squad is pretty threadbare beyond those 3 in the middle so I'd suggest getting in another midfielder for the DLP role that can really control the midfield, maybe Benat.

thank you for your reply ;)

Might want to take some notes from Mypassion4FM's thread.
Also for liverpool, henderson turns out to be a fantastic DLP, same goes for Suso. Liverpool is great for this tactic but requires a lot of raining and ppms.

So, here's my thoughts about this tactic after some testing with Liverpool:
1- Plays some great attacking football with nice combinations in the front and with nice periods of high possession;
2- One of my suggestions was a tactic that can break teams that play with ultra deep d-line. But I guess you've already think about that ahah;
3- This point has relation with the last point. When the team doesn't score the players become anxious and can't pass the ball effectively neither press correctly. Of course the results aren't good. When this happen in a series of matches I have a lot of draws and 1 defeat and the morale goes down. For this reason I decide to leave this tactic a bit and play some matches with Arrigo Sacchi one in order to turn things a bit. Leave this on match preparation though;
4- Maybe a version to seal out the games. For example, in Barça, Guardiola put Keita in the middle and move Iniesta to right or left flank. Maybe this is useful for the more tough games. Just an idea that I have. I don't know how to put this on FM :);
5- This is obvious a good work (again). Just needs time and some micro manage to ensure that everyone is happy and don't get too nervous.

Cheers

wow! finally ! i'll try this tactic right now!

Which Premier League teams do you think the Barca philosophy would work with?

hey m8 ive downloaded this i was wondering y u have u have set left wb as att an not right wb as att i think in the barca team right wb is alot better going forward than the left wb! :)

Hey Sean im starting a challenge that i called The Romanian Pride and the objective is do something like Barcelonas philosophy.I will try it with Dinamo Bucareste

Apologies, this will be updated over the next couple of hours! Got a 4-2-3-1 to add and I'm also using opp instructions.

Right, bit of a delay but I have added the 4-2-3-1. Had great success with this with Genk. I've won the league 5 seasons running and got to the Champions League Final (2015) and Semi Final (2017), as well as winning Europa League (2014).

The last couple of seasons have been interesting, Anderlecht have been taken over and have spent over 300 million pound on players! Ridiculous. They will only get better so I expect them to really challenge me. Its like Barca vs Madrid and they're the Galacticos. I've managed to bring back Courtois, De Bruyne and Benteke and I've made good profit on a lot of players.

In a crazy fashion, Tottenham have just been relegated on my game and I have just signed Bale for 50 million!

So, here's my thoughts about this tactic after some testing with Liverpool:
1- Plays some great attacking football with nice combinations in the front and with nice periods of high possession;
2- One of my suggestions was a tactic that can break teams that play with ultra deep d-line. But I guess you've already think about that ahah;
3- This point has relation with the last point. When the team doesn't score the players become anxious and can't pass the ball effectively neither press correctly. Of course the results aren't good. When this happen in a series of matches I have a lot of draws and 1 defeat and the morale goes down. For this reason I decide to leave this tactic a bit and play some matches with Arrigo Sacchi one in order to turn things a bit. Leave this on match preparation though;
4- Maybe a version to seal out the games. For example, in Barça, Guardiola put Keita in the middle and move Iniesta to right or left flank. Maybe this is useful for the more tough games. Just an idea that I have. I don't know how to put this on FM :);
5- This is obvious a good work (again). Just needs time and some micro manage to ensure that everyone is happy and don't get too nervous.

Cheers

Yes agree with all your points here, check out the 4-2-3-1 version and see what you think.

Will try your new version mate. My team in 3rd season with Liverpool (a record for me!) should provide a good test. I'm sure it is another great work ;)

Will report here as always :)

Cheers