Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
You guys are doing a great work with the testing, keep it up!

Not sure if it's possible due to nature of the test, but it would also be interesting if you could show top scorer and top assist man for each formation tested :)

I don't think it would be possible, because assistant manager is picking the team. I wish Sigames had this kind of statistics in game, basically a tab where we can see average rating, goals, assists etc etc PER POSITION, not only PER PLAYER.

I don't think it would be possible, because assistant manager is picking the team. I wish Sigames had this kind of statistics in game, basically a tab where we can see average rating, goals, assists etc etc PER POSITION, not only PER PLAYER.

Mr Langvatn, I don't understand... you said that you used FMRTE to freeze the morale and fitness of the players in the testing team then why do you need use Quick Pick before every match and pick different starting eleven every time if you can use the same starting eleven for all matches?

Smells fishy ;)

Last edited:
Mr Langvatn, I don't understand... you said that you used FMRTE to freeze the morale and fitness of the players in the testing team then why do you need use Quick Pick before every match and pick different starting eleven every time if you can use the same starting eleven for all matches?

Smells fishy ;)

Because the test team has like 100 players, and to manually pick the best starting eleven for each tactic is not only a lot of work, but also would make it unfair testing.. I think you're the one leaving a stench here :P

That said, I am sure fm-base has good use for more tactic testing leagues, so you should start your own test league if there are things you disagree with. Every choice we made is made to get as accurate results as possible in as little time as possible. Both me and Lucio have a jobs and kids, so yes, we try to do this as quickly/efficiently as we can.

Last edited:
Great thread guys, are you testing the chicken wing tactic? seems like it needs to be in the conversation

Because the test team has like 100 players, and to manually pick the best starting eleven for each tactic is not only a lot of work, but also would make it unfair testing.. I think you're the one leaving a stench here :P

That said, I am sure fm-base has good use for more tactic testing leagues, so you should start your own test league if there are things you disagree with. Every choice we made is made to get as accurate results as possible in as little time as possible. Both me and Lucio have a jobs and kids, so yes, we try to do this as quickly/efficiently as we can.

Mr Langvatn, I didn't mean to offend you and probably there's just some misunderstanding because I though that Kandersson asked you to show top scorer and top assist man for each tactic tested and that would be very easy to do but now I see that he wrote for "each formation tested" so now I'm not sure what did he mean and maybe he just confused "each formation" with "each tactic" because such request would sound more logical... I think he'll clear it up for us ;)

I think it shouldn't be a problem at all for you to show a screenshot of the starting eleven with Goals and Assists columns at the end of each test because such statistic is 100 times more important than some useless thing like “Dribbles” per match and some other...

Last edited:
Mr Langvatn, I didn't mean to offend you and probably there's just some misunderstanding because I though that Kandersson asked you to show top scorer and top assist man for each tactic tested and that would be very easy to do but now I see that he wrote for "each formation tested" so now I'm not sure what did he mean and maybe he just confused "each formation" with "each tactic" because such request would sound more logical... I think he'll clear it up for us ;)

I think it shouldn't be a problem at all for you to show a screenshot of the starting eleven with Goals and Assists columns at the end of each test because such statistic is 100 times more important than some useless thing like “Dribbles” per match and some other...

yeah I meant each tactic. I also knew it could be impossible because the team is made of so many players and the assistant manager would never pick same squad for each match.

and the assistant manager would never pick same squad for each match.

The thing is that Mr Langvatan says that he uses FMRTE to freeze the Morale and Fitness of the players in the testing team when he tests tactics so in this case the same starting elven can be used to play all matches and that's why it looked very suspicious to me when he refused provide the statistic that you requested referring to the fact that every time the assistant manager pick different players to play matches but it shouldn't be an issue taking into consideration his testing method.

I really don't understand why Mr Langvatan refuses to post a screenshot of the starting eleven with very important statistic Goals and Assists for each tactic the end of the test, it would take few seconds to do that.

Last edited:
You guys are doing a great work with the testing, keep it up!

Not sure if it's possible due to nature of the test, but it would also be interesting if you could show top scorer and top assist man for each formation tested :)

I'm not so sure about that, I run a lot of tests and sometimes when I pick "Quick Pick" the "Assistant Manager" (some code/part of the software behind game) select one or two players that wasn't on the starting eleven (no bans, and same tactic) or switch two players from positions (AMR/L or MR/L). Don't know why, because players morale, fitness AND STATS! are frozen, but this happens. We should ask SI Games how they developed that feature.

That been said, you could understand why is a lost of time to take those statistics (goals and assists). For example, the test team has "Dos Santos" (he hasn't the real Dos Santos stats but plays in the same positions), he could play as AMC and ST, depending on the roles of that positions. Sometimes "Quick Pick" select him as ST and sometimes as AMC, then the results could show he made 30 goals and 30 assists but we can't know if those stats come from him playing as ST or as AMC. Imagine you got two tactics in the first one Dos Santos scored 20 goals, and in the second one he scored 50 goals (both been top scorer), What kind of information could you get with that results?? If you don't know in what position did he play every match and you can't compare between tactics, then, IMO this information is useless.

We want to extract, from the testing results, information useful to make a fair comparison between tactics in order to get which tactic is better than other and, with a good deep analysis, determinate which instructions works well (this is a personal opinion, don't know if Mr L share it with me or don't).

The thing is that Mr Langvatan says that he uses FMRTE to freeze the Morale and Fitness of the players in the testing team when he tests tactics so in this case the same starting elven can be used to play all matches and that's why it looked very suspicious to me when he refused provide the statistic that you requested referring to the fact that every time the assistant manager pick different players to play matches but it shouldn't be an issue taking into consideration his testing method.

Can I ask you why or how is "very suspicious" we don't provide information that in my opinion is useless?

Last edited:
Lots of hard work guys, thank you. Are you going to test TFF Attacking V5? Seems to be very consistent.

I'm not so sure about that, I run a lot of tests and sometimes when I pick "Quick Pick" the "Assistant Manager" (some code/part of the software behind game) select one or two players that wasn't on the starting eleven (no bans, and same tactic) or switch two players from positions (AMR/L or MR/L). Don't know why, because players morale, fitness AND STATS! are frozen, but this happens. We should ask SI Games how they developed that feature.

The more I read posts like this from you the more doubts I have about your testing.

Now I really doubt that you make any testing here because if you were testing then you should know that when you test with FMRTE and freeze the Morale and the Fitness of the testing team then you can pick the starting elven only once at the beginning of each test and don't change it until the end of the test so it can stay constant all the time during the testing.

Can I ask you why or how is "very suspicious" we don't provide information that in my opinion is useless?

Only a person that has no clue about FM can say that Goals and Assists are useless information.

Kandersson asked you to do one simple thing - post a screenshot of the starting elven at the end of each test for each tactic so that we can see Goals and Assists.

It takes few seconds to do that and when you refuse to do such simple thing then it tells everything about your "testing" here...

Last edited:
Im kinda laughing at Figaro`s attacks tbh^^ This is a simple tactic test thread! They provide us with a test they are doing voluntarely and thank you for doing so btw! Who are u Figaro to make demands on what to show or not. Go make ur own **** test! So sick of stupid lazy ppl nagging about others work. I for one use tactics they test and i will say they are pretty accurate. Atleast for my teams. So Figaro....shush...we dont want ur poison in here....bye bye!

The more I read posts like this from you the more doubts I have about your testing.

Now I really doubt that you make any testing here because if you were testing then you should know that when you test with FMRTE and freeze the Morale and the Fitness of the testing team then you can pick the starting elven only once at the beginning of each test and don't change it until the end of the test so it can stay constant all the time during the testing.

Only a person that has no clue about FM can say that Goals and Assists are useless information.

Kandersson asked you to do one simple thing - post a screenshot of the starting elven at the end of each test for each tactic so that we can see Goals and Assists.

It takes few seconds to do that and when you refuse to do such simple thing then it tells everything about your "testing" here...

Ok. You're just trolling here. And you know why I say that? Because you didn't even answer my question. You just use one small part of the question to attack me. Attack the other when he is asking a question in my opinion is an offence and I don't argue with someone who offends me.

For me this discussion with Figaro is over.

Because you didn't even answer my question.

Are you talking about this question?

I answered your question and said that it looked "very suspicious" to me because your refused to provide such statistic saying that it would be useless because the assistant manager picks different players every time when you use Quick Pick to play matches but you said that you used FMRTE to freeze the Morale and the Fitness of the players in testing during your tests so in this case you can pick the starting eleven only once at the beginning of each test and use it for all matches during the tests.

Also, it looked "very suspicious" to me because you said that such statistic is useless but any person that has at least average experience in FM says that the statistic how goals and assists are shared among the positions in the tactic are crucial.

I would understand you if it were somehow complex to provide such statistic but it takes just few seconds to make a screenshot of the starting eleven at the end of each test and the only explanation that I can find why you refuse to provide such screenshots is because you didn't test anything or tested not the way as you described it.

Last edited:

I answered your question and said that it looked "very suspicious" to me because your refused to provide such statistic saying that it would be useless because the assistant manager picks different players every time when you use Quick Pick to play matches but you said that you used FMRTE to freeze the Morale and the Fitness of the players in testing during your tests so in this case you can pick the starting only once at the beginning of the and use it for all matches during the tests.

Also, it looked "very suspicious" to me because you said that such statistic is useless but any person that has at least average experience in FM says that the statistic how goals and assists are shared among the positions in the tactic are crucial.

I would understand you if it were somehow complex to provide such statistic but it takes just few second to make a screenshot of the starting eleven at the end of each tests and the only explanation that I can find why you refuse to provide such screenshot is because you didn't test anything or tested not the way as you described it.

Again...the answer is : Figaro GTFO.. U arent welcome here with ur poisonous trolling... kkthnxbai!

Again...the answer is : Figaro GTFO.. U arent welcome here with ur poisonous trolling... kkthnxbai!

You easily can make me look stupid and prove that I'm a troll, just provide screenshots of the starting eleven at the end of the tests that you made, it would take just few seconds to do that and you'll show everyone that I'm a troll and you are honest guys that provide invaluable service to the FM community.

Last edited:

I answered your question and said that it looked "very suspicious" to me because your refused to provide such statistic saying that it would be useless because the assistant manager picks different players every time when you use Quick Pick to play matches but you said that you used FMRTE to freeze the Morale and the Fitness of the players in testing during your tests so in this case you can pick the starting only once at the beginning of each test and use it for all matches during the tests.

Ok, If we test the way you are saying, what should we do when a player got a ban? We use "Quick Pick"? If we use "Quick Pick" only in the matches where the team has a player banned then the test won't be fair (don't forget what I say, "Quick Pick" also changes players for other reasons, not only Morale and Fitness). Instead, is more fair for every tactic (those who gets a lot of cards and those who don't), to use "Quick Pick" before each match. So, your way of testing will lead to unfair results, IMO.

Of course goals and assists are important! I meant to say that a screenshot of the team selection will be useless to get that information because of what I already explained in my first comment. We can't know if a player played all the matches in the same position!!

I would understand you if it were somehow complex to provide such statistic but it takes just few seconds to make a screenshot of the starting eleven at the end of each test and the only explanation that I can find why you refuse to provide such screenshots is because you didn't test anything or tested not the way as you described it.

Do you really want a screenshot? That will clear all your doubts about the testing? Then, be glad I'm in a good mood, pick any tactic from the tactics result document and I will post the stating eleven screenshot that you want, for the sake of this USELESS discussion.

what should we do when a player got a ban? We use "Quick Pick"? If we use "Quick Pick" only in the matches where the team has a player banned then the test won't be fair (don't forget what I say, "Quick Pick" also changes players for other reasons, not only Morale and Fitness).

Didn't you know that you can remove all bans with FMRTE ? Ha! That's why you look suspicious to me because anyone who used FMRTE should know it! This button at the same place with the button that freezes the Morale and the Fitness of your team.

fmrtebans222.png

Instead, is more fair for every tactic (those who gets a lot of cards and those who don't), to use "Quick Pick" before each match. So, your way of testing will lead to unfair results, IMO.

You says that the reason why you use FMRTE is to remove any "randomness" and "bad luck" but referees in this game also might make terrible mistakes and get just awful ratings for matches so some tactics might get extreme amount of cards due to poor referees' performance during testing.

Do you really want a screenshot? That will clear all your doubts about the testing? Then, be glad I'm in a good mood, pick any tactic from the tactics result document and I will post the stating eleven screenshot that you want

Ok, show screenshots of the team at the end of the test for these tactics: "TK4-3-3", "CALLY MAC'S" and "Knap FM16.3 442 Midsomer Tactics"

Last edited:
Didn't you know that you can remove all bans with FMRTE ? Ha! That's why you look suspicious to me because anyone who used FMRTE should know it! This button at the same place with the button that freezes the Morale and the Fitness of your team.

fmrtebans222.png

I think doing that will lead to unfair results. But I won't tell you how to run your tests the same way I won't accept you tell us how to run ours.

You says that the reason why you use FMRTE is to remove any "randomness" and "bad luck" but referees in this game also might make terrible mistakes and get just awful ratings for matches so some tactics might get extreme amount of cards due to poor referees' performance during testing.

The same as above, run your tests the way you want. Use FMRTE as you like, but don't came here telling us how we should do things. We have our method, Will have his methods and TTF has his own method. And you can make your own any time you want.

Ok, show screenshots of the team at the end of the test for these tactics: "TK4-3-3", "CALLY MAC'S" and "Knap FM16.3 442 Midsomer Tactics"

Screenshots in the next post... ;)

but don't came here telling us how we should do things.

I didn't even think telling you how you should test I just answered your question, you asked me: "what should we do when a player got a ban? We use "Quick Pick"" and I just pointed you that FMRTE has an option to remove all bans from your players and it's really strange why you didn't know it if you used FMRTE

Screenshots in the next post... ;)

Ok, thank... I'm looking forward to it.

And to be clear I expect to see these simple stats: Appearances, Goals, Assists, Won, Drawn, Lost, Average Rating

I'm sure that you'd agree with me that it take few moments to make such screenshots, of course, if you really tested anything ;)

stats.png

Back