Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
Laldy has put up a masterpiece according to himself ^^ And Knap`s 4-5-1 Westham tactic...Both should be tested!

Hey guys! Just letting you know we have a new testing environment and an updated testing database now :) In this test, we use the program "FM fitness coach" to freeze morale and fitness for the whole league, not only the test team! So this will increase accuracy by a lot! In addition, this program removes injuries if they happen, automatically (very rarely that happens, but it can happen). Due to this, we now have the possibility to increase the number of matches tested, and that is what we have done. The test now has 186 matches tested per tactic! We will then also move on from simulating matches to holidaying them (after extensive testing we found out that simulate match = holiday for 1 match, same results, same everything - retested same tactic over 10 times - full seasons - to be sure). Results would of course be more accurate if playing the matches ourselves, but 186 matches tested on holiday / simulate match is without a doubt more accurate than 30 matches playing every match. In addition, this has given us the option of having two test teams in the league, one with CA145 and one with CA120. We will then combine these two results in the end (93 matches per team).

All this results in a much harder test, and also a much more stable testing environment (due to fm fitness coach for the whole league). We will most likely see other teams performing very consistently every test. My own tactics, at least the attacking ones, will most likely be butchered to small pieces by this warmachine of a tactic test, but I have high hopes for my 4-4-2 :) There will probably never be a tactic that gets first place with either team though, and some will be in the relegation area with the CA120 team (depending on how weak it is for underdogs).

Edit: We will stick with simulate match afterall :) I see that the holiday changes formation sometimes late in the matches. It's not many minutes we are talking about, so still pretty accurate considering the amount of games and parameters set, but enough to alter the test results.

Last edited:
We are now considering some options related to the future of our tactic testing. It is extremely time consuming to use simulate match / instant result for so many matches. But we have three options:

1. Significantly lower the amount of matches tested (Going down from 186 matches to 40) and use simulate match (the "most accurate per match" option)

2. I have managed to lower the assistant manager's tendency to change formation, from around 30% of the time, to around 10% of the time. So this is definitely a viable option now. The reason for it being a viable option is that the assistant manager changes to the same formations every single test, so it is the same for every tactic, which means that the accuracy of the test won't be too much affected by it. And this is the option that gives us the highest amount of matches to test. So this is definitely one to consider.

3. The third option is extremely accurate, but in this option, we won't be able to sort tactics by points, only by goals scored per match, goals conceded per match, goal difference per match, ccc per match and ccc against per match. This is also with holiday mode, but as opposed to in option 2, we ONLY count the MINUTES the manager has played with the tested tactic. This information would then be taken from the tactics analysis window in the game.

Thoughts: There are many things to consider here, and I think we will have to do some math on it before we decide. 186 matches add a crazy amount of accuracy compared to 40 matches, so the tweaked holiday option (nr 2), and the accurate holiday option (nr 3) have to be considered in this math piece.

Last edited:
I'd say 186 matches on holidays with your tweak, or even without it, will be more accurate than just 40 games. Just my thinking.

Maybe you can just set up a Macro to simulate results, like I do, and let it run while not using the PC. On my PC it takes around 2h30m to test 180 Matches.

Maybe you can just set up a Macro to simulate results, like I do, and let it run while not using the PC. On my PC it takes around 2h30m to test 180 Matches.

Jesseh, could you share with us a tutorial on how to record and play Macros? or maybe the software you are using?

Thank you in advance.

The Test Team.

Lucho, on the topic I created with tests, named FMRTE frozen tests, I uploaded my macro file, easy to edit, using Pulover's Macro Recorder.
A side warning is that at least for me Windows flags it as a mal ware, but it seems to be a false positive, nothing bad happened to my PC.

You can set to record it yourself too, recording your mouse actions and then set "IF" conditions. In my opinion it's easier to use the macro file I shared,

To change the Macro to fit other leagues you must change the line 378, changing the pixel on the bottom left (for England Team is a red pixel), that fills almost the entire menu, for the color of the team.

After all set, press play. To stop it press f8

I am glad to announce that Jesseh will be joining our test team today! Welcome Jesseh! You will be a valuable addition to our team :)

Another announcement! :) Jesaustralia, who helped me test in FM13, will also be joining the test team shortly! This means that we soon will have a much larger testing capacity, and will be able to test many more tactics for many more matches!

Now we only need more tactics that are actually good.. :P

What is great about having more testers, is that we will be able to test more tactics from the same creators also! This will be very good for the tacticians here at fm-base :) To get a final answer to which of their tactics is the best etc :)

Back