Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
Mr Langavatn, do you have data for CCC? I think it`s a somewhat important stat that could make a difference when points are so near each other.

That statistic does not exist in the game, sorry. Even if it did, half chances are just as important as CCC's. If you watch all chances, then you will see that many of the ones counted as half chances are bigger chances than many of the ccc's. Some big chances are actually counted as neither...

I've started testing with OI's on yours. Will finish it tomorrow morning. Now it's off to bed! :)

Thanks for the effort. I'm currently testing my new tactic (regular game), despite having hard tackling off and no tackle instructions given to my players, I'm already on 8 red cards, in only 14 games, what the actual ****? I do have OI's set though.. I really wonder what the fudge is going on lol. That test is definitely ruined tho. Bad luck or OI influence? It's always my central defenders. I was going to release if after this test, now the red cards worry me :x had two amazing seasons, with also my fair share of reds, but nothing game breaking, the usual 7~.. but having 8 in just 14 games is insane :D

Last edited:
This isn't really related to testing, but does anyone know who's the corner taker on DM High Tempo? And should wingers have same side strong foot? What about F9 and AF? Sorry for all the questions, no one in that thread responded.

This isn't really related to testing, but does anyone know who's the corner taker on DM High Tempo? And should wingers have same side strong foot? What about F9 and AF? Sorry for all the questions, no one in that thread responded.

Sorry Cody, but you should talk to the tactic creator. We are just testing the tactics.

Hope someone could help you.

Thanks for the effort. I'm currently testing my new tactic (regular game), despite having hard tackling off and no tackle instructions given to my players, I'm already on 8 red cards, in only 14 games, what the actual ****? I do have OI's set though.. I really wonder what the fudge is going on lol. That test is definitely ruined tho. Bad luck or OI influence? It's always my central defenders. I was going to release if after this test, now the red cards worry me :x had two amazing seasons, with also my fair share of reds, but nothing game breaking, the usual 7~.. but having 8 in just 14 games is insane :D

There are hidden stats in the game.. One of them is an attribute called "dirtiness". Maybe the players in your team has a high dirtiness attribute? :) You can see this attribute in the editor and in FMRTE. Testing in a regular game is indeed extremely difficult, as there are so many random things that can happen. It's made me wanna bang my head into the wall many times... That's why I like custom databases better, where I have more control..

Hi guys,

First of all I am taking the time to post on the forum for the first time, really wanted to thank you, the job you guys are doing testing these tactics is really amazing!

Are you going to test the shadow striker formation? It seemed really promising!

About the red cards, from what I have experienced in the game (although this might sound quite obvious) the best way I found to avoid them is to change the player's instruction to be "less rough" (i don't play FM in english, so that's probably not the exact wording) as soon as they get a yellow card and of course substitute my yellow card players after the 60th minute of the game if possible.

But yeah, with high pressing and agressive tackling (which seems necessary to minimize the risk of those awful crossings) there a lot of red cards in this version.

Probably the hardest version I have tried since I began playing in 2010, might be why I am spending more time trying to learn from great tacticians haha.

Again thanks for the great job!

PS: Working on a 5-2-3 over here, will post the results as soon as i get through my first season, basically a 4-3-3 (my own favorite) where I turned the DM into a high playing CD for more stability, the first results are looking good with spurs.

Last edited:
Yeah, crosses are broken imo, it forces me to play with wingbacks (as I'd like to play with 3 central defenders), I know it's normal I'm more prone to crosses and counters and such, but literally every cross opportunity results in a goal, so frustrating. Same with set pieces, it's the only way I conceed goals, set pieces and crosses.

Yeah, crosses are broken imo, it forces me to play with wingbacks (as I'd like to play with 3 central defenders), I know it's normal I'm more prone to crosses and counters and such, but literally every cross opportunity results in a goal, so frustrating. Same with set pieces, it's the only way I conceed goals, set pieces and crosses.

Hey Loaxx! We have tested your tactic in both databases now, and with OI's it did worse in the underdog test and better in the mid/sub-top team test. This is quite logical, as your OI's demand more of the players. Overall, there is a 15 points improvement, but some of these points could be due to randomness.

intrested if Giving it lady with 2 CM high tempo works the same as Giving it Lady with 2 DM high tempo?

Hey Loaxx! We have tested your tactic in both databases now, and with OI's it did worse in the underdog test and better in the mid/sub-top team test. This is quite logical, as your OI's demand more of the players. Overall, there is a 15 points improvement, but some of these points could be due to randomness.

That's interesting though, thanks! Underdog I don't expect my tactic to do that great, it's designed with LLM in mind, which is why I only use common positions, so you can fill those up easily.. my tactic kinda NEEDS a regista, instead of the DLP I'm using now, it's just that Registas are impossible to find in lower leagues, so I used an DLP to play that role as close as possible, but it's not as good obviously. Kinda wonder how the performance would be with an actual Regista lol.

Also an enganche instead of AP, same story there, told the AP to play like an enganche, it's not the same tho. (and the AP would have to be moved higher up the pitch)

Last edited:
Can you point us to a full first season result of the tactic? Then we can test it for sure.

We have only focused on FM-base tactics now in the beginning. But we will move on to other forum's tactics soon.

(I must say though, I highly doubt that it's "way better" than all tactics on FM-base, because we are many tacticians here at this forum who have tested pretty much every possible combination of formations, TI's and PI's)

Edit: Lol, I just read the tactic test you linked to. There was one guy who tested each tactic for 17 games in a normal game (this may be the reason why nobody "gives a ****" - in your words :)). Have you even seen the extent of our test? :)

Hi there, I'm a fan of the tactic's 'author' (StatApp) and closely follow his YT series that the tactic features (You, Me & USV). I'm a very lazy manager, I download p&p tactics and delegate responsibilities, etc. However, I did manage to win the Vanarama National League North with my local team AFC Fylde (predicted 9th). I can screenshot the first season results if you want, but they're not an accurate representation of the tactic's potential as StatApp has secured back-to-back league titles/promotions to the 2. Bundesliga or whatever it's called and has done so in some style. In the recent episode (spoiler alert), he beat a full-strength Dortmund featuring the likes of Kane, Berahino, Hummels, Reus, etc. 4-0 in the German Cup. I'm not claiming it to be the 'best' tactic but I definitely think it's worth testing. :)

never have seen any point in a testing league, considering they are so unrealistic

Back