Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
never have seen any point in a testing league, considering they are so unrealistic

You're just here to leave a negative comment without any logic behind it, and that's it? What's the point of such comments at all? If you feel the urge to teach everyone about tactic testing, go create your own "more realistic" test :)

May I remind you that Football Manager 2016 is a computer game, it's not real(istic)..

Last edited:
Ive been a huge fan of Mr L`s tactics because they worked. Went out of my comfort zone and tried this and i must say i got blown away. This is really a tactic u should test Mr. Langvatn!

Other than that thanx for all the great work to the tactic testing team and to my fellow norwegian Mr. Langvatn: Dritbra jobba!!

It's been tested. Lucio is posting results atm. It did fantastic in the mid/sub-top db, but not so well in the underdog db. Overall, it's a good tactic indeed!

Also, that 4-4-2 Juve tactic has been tested. Will update the overall table shortly! Superb tactic as well!

I really hope you guys will create a database for the "public" it sounds so nice without all the "news" just taking up time and being annoying as ****! I just want to test test test not spending half the time pressing space to get to the next match.
Crossing my fingers for you guys will make one very soon - If not, is it very hard to make one myself?

P.s hope that all teams play at the same time on matchday - so annoying and time consuming to wait for all matches to be done :)

Last edited:
I really hope you guys will create a database for the "public" it sounds so nice without all the "news" just taking up time and being annoying as ****! I just want to test test test not spending half the time pressing space to get to the next match.
Crossing my fingers for you guys will make one very soon - If not, is it very hard to make one myself?

P.s hope that all teams play at the same time on matchday - so annoying and time consuming to wait for all matches to be done :)

It's not hard. I just followed some tutorials I found online. Learned everything in one day.

It's not hard. I just followed some tutorials I found online. Learned everything in one day.

Sounds great! If it is not to much trouble for you can you share the links you used? Just did a quick google search and could only find other peoples databases

Thanks buddy

Ya, everything I learned about in game editor is self taught through trial and error and just exploring thought it - really the only way you are going to learn it. Everything is pretty simple and straight forward, it is just that there is so much stuff. I love the pre game editor!

I haven't finished the first season yet and am still tweaking it from time to time.

I will post it as soon as I have finished the first season and will take the time to test it with an underdog team as soon as I am finished with finals :)

Last edited:
I haven't finished the first season yet and am still tweaking it from time to time.

I will post it as soon as I have finished the first season and will take the time to test it with an underdog team as soon as I am finished with finals :)

Remember to run a fresh season after you are done tweaking :) Or else might be inaccurate if save/load to tweak.

Remember to run a fresh season after you are done tweaking :) Or else might be inaccurate if save/load to tweak.

Thanks for the advice! I will probably run the fresh season with another squad then to have a different testing environment as it is not neutral like yours.

Brilliant work on this thread guys - allows you to select the tactic most suited to you and not just going by someone saying 'this tactic is the best'.

Started a Gillingham save (media prediction 23rd) and opted for 4-2-3-1 Spin the Wheel updated when Home and 4-4-1-1 Spin the Wheel away. Currently 6th and still in all cups so hats off to you - look forward to more tactic entries on this thread!

Back