Reaction score
Ok, so since we already have a 'most underrated player in FM 11' thread going, I thought we should also have one on who the most overrated player in FM 11 is according to you. IMO Busquets is probably one, another one is Benzema to some extent, to some extent even Bendtner is sort of overrated. To make it clear, this is only on FM not IRL.

Btw, I did search for a similar thread to this but only found one for FM 09.

Pedro Leon?
(haven't really seen him play so i dunno how good he is tbf)

Pedro Leon, on fm he has great atributtes, but in real life he's not that great but still a good player.

Pedro for barcelona.
Do you think Pedro is overrated? He is so underrated, he has been awseome this season one the best Barcelona players this season, he has only 15 on technique and dribbling. I think that's unrealistic.

nenad milijas overrated, LOL.
Zigic, Puyol, Ferdinand, Mascherano, Eden Hazard etc.

WOW enough of the Nikola Zigic lark, he is a beast :$ looks like bambi on ice, couldn't trap a bag of sand, has a head like a 50p but is scoring goals ^^)

"wooooaaa Nikola Zigic, woaaaaa Nikola Zigic" XD

Bacinovic, Pastore, Paulo Henrique, Bendtner, Curtis Davies, Stiliyan Petrov, Eljero Elia, Cauahtemoc Blanco, Fernando Torres, Huntelaar, Cardozo, Moussa Sissoko, Ryan Shawcross, Dario Conca, Robinho, Bryan Ruiz, Alberto Gilardino (based on this year, anyway), Arshavin, Jesus Navas, Marek Hamsik, Squillaci, Almunia, Seb Frey, Mexes, Sandro, Adriano, Joe Cole (possibly), Vincenzo Iaquinta (disgusting touch in real life), Diego, Mauro Boselli (most definitely), Sergio Canales (surely, otherwise the entire football world is completely buggered. If he's THAT good at 19, we may as well hand over the next World Cup to Spain now...), Wes Brown, Pavlyuchenko, Stephen Ireland and quite a few more.

Out of that lot, Boselli and Ruiz are the most overrated IMO.

Mauro Boselli and Arshavin. Totally forgot those two. How on earth is Arshavin's dribbling set to 18? David Luiz looked better than him in today's game against Fulham.

Bacinovic, Pastore, Paulo Henrique, Bendtner, Curtis Davies, Stiliyan Petrov, Eljero Elia, Cauahtemoc Blanco, Fernando Torres, Huntelaar, Cardozo, Moussa Sissoko, Ryan Shawcross, Dario Conca, Robinho, Bryan Ruiz, Alberto Gilardino (based on this year, anyway), Arshavin, Jesus Navas, Marek Hamsik, Squillaci, Almunia, Seb Frey, Mexes, Sandro, Adriano, Joe Cole (possibly), Vincenzo Iaquinta (disgusting touch in real life), Diego, Mauro Boselli (most definitely), Sergio Canales (surely, otherwise the entire football world is completely buggered. If he's THAT good at 19, we may as well hand over the next World Cup to Spain now...), Wes Brown, Pavlyuchenko, Stephen Ireland and quite a few more.

Out of that lot, Boselli and Ruiz are the most overrated IMO.

I agree with most of them. But Pastore and Ganso? They are both very promising in real life (especially Pastore), I wouldn't say they're overrated.. (Probably bang on attributes wise, really).

Although I could understand Ganso, because he does become one of the best players in the world in two or three years time.

Mauro Boselli and Arshavin. Totally forgot those two. How on earth is Arshavin's dribbling set to 18? David Luiz looked better than him in today's game against Fulham.

Ye but you say this now, when Boselli has flopped in England and Arshavin has dipped in form.

Last season and the start of this Arshavin was playing well and you wouldn't say this, and Boselli was brought to Wigan under a high reputation he made for himself in Argentina.

How would FM know that it wouldn't work out?

Ye but you say this now, when Boselli has flopped in England and Arshavin has dipped in form.

Last season and the start of this Arshavin was playing well and you wouldn't say this, and Boselli was brought to Wigan under a high reputation he made for himself in Argentina.

How would FM know that it wouldn't work out?

Yes, I agree with your point. FM wouldn't know. I just hope they don't repeat that sort of mistake on the next patch or atleast the next FM.

Steven N'zonzi, Ben Foster, Yakubu, Amauri.