Tevez, he is very good in real life, but in the game he is unstoppable he scores 10 35-yarders per season

Sorry, but Ganso is not overrated. My girlfriend is from Brazil and I was over there for two months not long ago and watched several games in which he played. One word: Insane.

I agree i watch Santos play online as much as i can and Ganso RULES
with every play u see hes special

I agree with most of them. But Pastore and Ganso? They are both very promising in real life (especially Pastore), I wouldn't say they're overrated.. (Probably bang on attributes wise, really).

Although I could understand Ganso, because he does become one of the best players in the world in two or three years time.

Pastore is promising indeed, but not the best attacking midfielder in the world like the game makes out. He's good, but he's not THAT good.

And Ganso, again, is good and extremely promising, but he's not one of the best pure playmakers in the world just yet, again. He's excelled in a substandard league, a league in which Dejan Petkovic can be considered one of the best players.

Gotta be Babacar, if he can become half the player he is in FM then future is bright for Fiorentina... but tbh he doesn't look that special plus there's no way he's 17 (more 22-23...)

Pastore doesn't look overrated to me, he's easily the best trequartista in Serie A and he's only 21. I think he isn't far from being a world class attacking midfielder right now, and def looks like he will get there soon.

Wes Brown. Excellent CB in the game, but not really IRL. Good RB thats it. Nothing more now a days.

Pastore is promising indeed, but not the best attacking midfielder in the world like the game makes out. He's good, but he's not THAT good.

And Ganso, again, is good and extremely promising, but he's not one of the best pure playmakers in the world just yet, again. He's excelled in a substandard league, a league in which Dejan Petkovic can be considered one of the best players.

Pastore is THAT good, obviously you don't watch Serie A a lot .I can't tell any football team where he wouldn't be in starting eleven. Man City, Real, Barcelona offered him €60 M., but he stated that he wants to stay. He is player which you cannot stop, a great vision, incredible technique, great dribbling, good shot ... in short, complete player .

About Ganso, I can't say anything because I don't watch lot of Brazilian football.

Pastore is THAT good, obviously you don't watch Serie A a lot .I can't tell any football team where he wouldn't be in starting eleven. Man City, Real, Barcelona offered him €60 M., but he stated that he wants to stay. He is player which you cannot stop, a great vision, incredible technique, great dribbling, good shot ... in short, complete player .

About Ganso, I can't say anything because I don't watch lot of Brazilian football.

Oh don't be ridiculous. Although this is rather off-topic, I can tell you that I watch Serie A quite a bit, and whilst Pastore is very good he is not THAT good. I can tell you that he wouldn't get in Barca's starting eleven. He wouldn't get into a whole host of other teams in his favoured position as well. He's not even the best No. 10 in his league (Sneijder). He's had a very good season, yes, but rating him that well on one season is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Oh don't be ridiculous. Although this is rather off-topic, I can tell you that I watch Serie A quite a bit, and whilst Pastore is very good he is not THAT good. I can tell you that he wouldn't get in Barca's starting eleven, nor Madrid's etc. etc. He's not even the best No. 10 in his league (Sneijder). He's had a very good season, yes, but rating him on one season is ridiculous.

Why would he be No. 10 ? He can play as Central Midfielder without problem ... Barca ( Xavi, Busquets, Pastore, Iniesta, Messi, Villa ), Real ( Xabi Alonso, Kaka, Pastore, C.R., Ozil ), he is player which you can put as CM, AM, RW or LW ... in extreme situations, he can even play DM ... Inter ( Eto'o, Milito, Sneijder, Motta, Cambiasso, Pastore instead Kharja or Stanković ) ...

Oh don't be ridiculous. Although this is rather off-topic, I can tell you that I watch Serie A quite a bit, and whilst Pastore is very good he is not THAT good. I can tell you that he wouldn't get in Barca's starting eleven, nor Madrid's etc. etc. He's not even the best No. 10 in his league (Sneijder). He's had a very good season, yes, but rating him on one season is ridiculous.

Sneijder is the best n.10 in serie A? maybe you're right but aren't you rating him on one season as well? Because before joining Inter he wasn't rated world class, he was on his way to become a sort of under-achiever actually. Then he had a great season and a great WC, but he has struggled with injuries and poor form since then.

Pastore is easily the best n.10 of this season, and still has room to grow. I'd take him over Sneijder any day, and btw Sneijder wears n.10 but will never BE a real n.10...

Nobody is saying these are poor players..

The topic is simply that FM over-rates them........ On my game last season Hulk scored something like 45 goals in 39 games - In the Premiership.
Yaya Sanogoo scored 48 in 35......... Also in the premiership.
If that's not over-rated then I guess Andy Carroll really IS worth £35million oO)

Why would he be No. 10 ? He can play as Central Midfielder without problem ... Barca ( Xavi, Busquets, Pastore, Iniesta, Messi, Villa ), Real ( Xabi Alonso, Kaka, Pastore, C.R., Ozil ), he is player which you can put as CM, AM, RW or LW ... in extreme situations, he can even play DM ... Inter ( Eto'o, Milito, Sneijder, Motta, Cambiasso, Pastore instead Kharja or Stanković ) ...

Heh, I was just editing as you post. I really would prefer Iniesta in his position for Barca, and Pedro on the wing. Real with a midfield like that would be utterly stupid. One holder who doesn't even break up play woud be suicidal, unless you're suggesting you play CR up front and Ozil on the wing?

He doesn't have the discipline or the tackling skill to be a DM, don't kid yourself. He wouldn't fit into Inter's lineup: he's not disciplined or positionally aware enough. You'd need to change to a 4-2-3-1 to fit him in, and even then play him on the wing where his effectiveness is reduced, let alone the whole issue of changing a well functioning side to fit in one player. Both Kharja and Stankovic are intelligent players, capable of creating and running from deep when necessary, something Pastore, with his high levels of freedom afforded to him in Palermo's formation, wouldn't be used to or that good at doing.

Sneijder is the best n.10 in serie A? maybe you're right but aren't you rating him on one season as well? Because before joining Inter he wasn't rated world class, he was on his way to become a sort of under-achiever actually. Then he had a great season and a great WC, but he has struggled with injuries and poor form since then.

Pastore is easily the best n.10 of this season, and still has room to grow. I'd take him over Sneijder any day, and btw Sneijder wears n.10 but will never BE a real n.10...

No? Sneijder is a proven performer on a number of levels. Before joining Inter, it was recognised that they had a supremely talented player stifled by the presence of even better (or more expensive, at least) ones, coupled with a few injuries. If you'd watched Serie A this season, you'd have seen that Sneijder is resurgent under a new manager and a clicking team, and is producing top class performances regularly. If Pastore can overcome bad form to recapture it, I'd be willing to take him more seriously. He's been on a hot streak, yeah, but he hasn't lost that form yet.

How on Earth can you possibly say Sneijder isn't a No.10? oO)

Last edited:
Ezequel Lavezzi is the most overrated striker and Benzema is following him closely on fm and i wish to make it a public knowledge!!! ^^)
In fm he is like world class but in real life he cant score more than 10 gls per season...and benzema is just terrible...agains sevilla missed 2 sitters from half yard,and so on.....and thats just one game but i can remember lot more of sameXD

Nobody is saying these are poor players..

The topic is simply that FM over-rates them........ On my game last season Hulk scored something like 45 goals in 39 games - In the Premiership.
Yaya Sanogoo scored 48 in 35......... Also in the premiership.
If that's not over-rated then I guess Andy Carroll really IS worth £35million oO)

That is game, you can expect something like that from it. Especially after two,three seasons . Vaclav Kadlec will score 40 goals for you if you put your team right. But I'm talking about something different... Try to play with no transfers in summer window, and then buy only one player in January. You'll see what am I talking about. Hulk can't score 45 goals in 39 games with Joe Cole, Maxi Rodriguez or Milan Jovanović . I mean, I could score 25 goals if Hazard, Pastore, Hamsik, Ganso and many unbelieveable players are behind me . The biggest problem on FM is that clubs sold their young stars so easily ! In real life, you can't expect Sparta Prague will accept €3 M. for Kadlec ... or Fiorentina €13 M. for Babacar. They build their clubs on these kind of players. This turned me little of topic, but never mind.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Heh, I was just editing as you post. I really would prefer Iniesta in his position for Barca, and Pedro on the wing. Real with a midfield like that would be utterly stupid. One holder who doesn't even break up play woud be suicidal, unless you're suggesting you play CR up front and Ozil on the wing?

He doesn't have the discipline or the tackling skill to be a DM, don't kid yourself. He wouldn't fit into Inter's lineup: he's not disciplined or positionally aware enough. You'd need to change to a 4-2-3-1 to fit him in, and even then play him on the wing where his effectiveness is reduced, let alone the whole issue of changing a well functioning side to fit in one player. Both Kharja and Stankovic are intelligent players, capable of creating and running from deep when necessary, something Pastore, with his high levels of freedom afforded to him in Palermo's formation, wouldn't be used to or that good at doing.

Pedro is great player, but I would prefer Iniesta on wing ... he scored many important goals for Spain when he played on that position. Villa would start from beggining, but eventually Torres is out of game, Villa is striker, Iniesta winger. That is how he decide 3 games.
He can play in Real CM or AM, only thing is Xabi would have to stay back all the time. And start to destroy opposition attack, and that isn't a hard thing for a smart player like Xabi. I mean, he isn't Makelele .. but from my point of view, that would be great for them . And of course, few great defenders. Only player which could stay is Ramos.

There is no need for every DM to have tackling skill, he is young player. And discipline can be an issue in the beggining. Yes, Kharja and Stanković are intelligent players .. but they are no quallity of Pastore. Stanković was .. 4,5 years ago.

No? Sneijder is a proven performer on a number of levels. Before joining Inter, it was recognised that they had a supremely talented player stifled by the presence of even better (or more expensive, at least) ones, coupled with a few injuries. If you'd watched Serie A this season, you'd have seen that Sneijder is resurgent under a new manager and a clicking team, and is producing top class performances regularly. If Pastore can overcome bad form to recapture it, I'd be willing to take him more seriously. He's been on a hot streak, yeah, but he hasn't lost that form yet.

How on Earth can you possibly say Sneijder isn't a No.10? oO)

He was a young star in a big club/small league (Ajax), then an "average" midfileder for a top club (potentially a top player, but never rated world class back then), before his great season with Inter. First half of second season has been dreadful for Sneijder, but has recovered form since January.

Why you say Patore should "overcome bad form" is a mystery to me... Palermo always tend to be hot & cold, but Pastore has been very consistent all season. Even in their last home loss (2-4 vs Fiorentina :)) Pastore played very well. I do watch Serie A regularly, do you? ;)

And no, Sneijder will never be a true n.10. Did you know he started as an all-round midfielder at Ajax? Sure, he has developed into a great attacking midfielder but to me n.10s are something else. I think players like Seedorf, Hamsik, Sneijder or in different ways even Gerrard can be excellent attacking MF, but being a n.10 is just different. And Pastore... he's a n.10!

Freddy Adu, started a season in Greece as Aris and he gets like 3 assists and a goal per game when played on the right side of a 3 pronged attack set as a inside forward...he is unstoppable in that league yet he hardly got on the pitch for them IRL.

Pastore is a beast on the game. He has to be overrated - you can't perform the way he does for me on FM - it's unreal.

30 games - 37 assists, and since I've tweaked/tightened my formation he has 3 goals in his last 4 too. Top Average at Liverpool - and in the leage with 8.13, for a team where Torres has 29 goals in 31 (Including 19 in 23 to take him top of the EPL scorers).

When Pastore can not play; get this - it's a disappointment to have to slot Gerrard in to his place (albeit with tweaked PI).

Patore, in the first 3-months of a fresh save (December 2010), following his £32M move to me, got in to the World Team of the year. That's mad - and as much as I rate him IRL - he's just not that good... yet - but boy is it great to have him running my games.

Pastore FTW.

Last edited: