will u be making the two other tactics mourinho uses for madrid. 4-3-3 with 3 CMs, 2 bwm and a dlp in between. usually employed againsta barca for some reason, and the other tactic accomodates both benzema and higuain

will u be making the two other tactics mourinho uses for madrid. 4-3-3 with 3 CMs, 2 bwm and a dlp in between. usually employed againsta barca for some reason, and the other tactic accomodates both benzema and higuain

If you can get me a link of Madrid in action using them tactics, sure. Since I base all my tactics on watching the real team thoroughly and so forth.
I'm making Mourinho's 4-3-3 at Chelsea right now and spamming YouTube for highlights lol.
But yeah, get me some footage and i'll see.

some guy named jibbers emulated them perfectly last time,he also explain them all in depth too,mayb u can check it ot and get ideas 'Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid 2011 - jibbers'

I found it in 2 Secs...........
****you should have gone to spec savers**** joke..

Would be interested to hear your feedback about this tactic, and also do you by any chance know of a good mourinho Chelsea counter attack similar to what is described in the above article link. one that you could recommend to us...
Kyanite sorry to hijack your thread, but like i said i will be testing your tactic against smaller teams as well :)

I've surprisingly made the 4-3-3 tactic, working rather well with the current Chelsea side. Playing a similar concept of football to the 4-3-3 employed by Mou at Chelski.
I'll get it all written up and uploaded for you tomorrow. :)

UMEfNXp37vAucWTQwAoO.png

It's a shame about the one hiccup against Spurs, but other than that we're almost at Christmas with our only loss (after finalising the tactic) being away at spurs. We lost 2-0 to City in the community shield but i skipped through pre-season then used that match to make changes to tactics, after that we even beat city in the league and it's all gone smooth.

edit: also worth mentioning we've had so many injuries during the games u see above that i have had less than 7 subs in most games... lucky to have 5!

Last edited:
some guy named jibbers emulated them perfectly last time,he also explain them all in depth too,mayb u can check it ot and get ideas 'Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid 2011 - jibbers'

Just seen his thread actually, hadn't seen it before. Some interesting stuff in there.
However, the emphasism does seem to be on the Mourinho Madrid 4-3-3 used to overcome Barcelona... I really don't see a need to recreate it since my 4-2-3-1 smashes Barca anyways.
I'm making Mou's Chelsea 4-3-3 now, i'll try it later with Madrid as the 4-3-3 employed by Mou will most probably be the same one he used at both Chelski and Inter anyways.

I've surprisingly made the 4-3-3 tactic, working rather well with the current Chelsea side. Playing a similar concept of football to the 4-3-3 employed by Mou at Chelski.
I'll get it all written up and uploaded for you tomorrow. :)

UMEfNXp37vAucWTQwAoO.png

It's a shame about the one hiccup against Spurs, but other than that we're almost at Christmas with our only loss (after finalising the tactic) being away at spurs. We lost 2-0 to City in the community shield but i skipped through pre-season then used that match to make changes to tactics, after that we even beat city in the league and it's all gone smooth.

edit: also worth mentioning we've had so many injuries during the games u see above that i have had less than 7 subs in most games... lucky to have 5!

nice one mate . the results seem really good.. this should work well with my current players at Palermo, i have just loaded ur madrid tactic up as soon as i have an easy fixture i will switch to it and use it for now the players are getting used to it...

out of interest did you use the link i sent you for the Chelsea tactic on? i.e direct, stand off ball, aggressive tackling, one winger and , inside forward(right side), attacking left back and a target man?

nice one mate . the results seem really good.. this should work well with my current players at Palermo, i have just loaded ur madrid tactic up as soon as i have an easy fixture i will switch to it and use it for now the players are getting used to it...

out of interest did you use the link i sent you for the Chelsea tactic on? i.e direct, stand off ball, aggressive tackling, one winger and , inside forward(right side), attacking left back and a target man?
I used your zonal marking link to decide on the roles myself if that helps?
I also made a 4-3-3 Mourinho tactic in FM12 which I dug out.
Which link did you send me with a Chelsea tactic on? I think I may have missed it...

I used your zonal marking link to decide on the roles myself if that helps?
I also made a 4-3-3 Mourinho tactic in FM12 which I dug out.
Which link did you send me with a Chelsea tactic on? I think I may have missed it...

yes that's the one mate, zonal marking link, looking forward to trying it

My God !

I just "stole" your formation and implemented in my Deep 4231 Tactic ( only, using MR instead of AMR and the FC placed in FCright) and the results have been, well exploiting !

My God !

I just "stole" your formation and implemented in my Deep 4231 Tactic ( only, using MR instead of AMR and the FC placed in FCright) and the results have been, well exploiting !

Good to hear I guess haha :)

Good to hear I guess haha :)

Haha, not really. I have played 6 games with it and have decided NEVER to use it again as it spoils the game totally :D

Forest - Chelsea 7-1 EPL
Forest -Celtic 5-0 CL
Burnley-Forest 0-4 LC
Forest - Newcastle 6-2 EPL
Arsenal - Forest 1-3 EPL
Forest -Lyon 7-1 CL.

I have acctually re-loaded the save now from the before the CHelsea match

( and no, I wont upload it and certainly not in this thread)

Last edited:
Haha, not really. I have played 6 games with it and have decided NEVER to use it again as it spoils the game totally :D

Forest - Chelsea 7-1 EPL
Forest -Celtic 5-0 CL
Burnley-Forest 0-4 LC
Forest - Newcastle 6-2 EPL
Arsenal - Forest 1-3 EPL
Forest -Lyon 7-1 CL.

I have acctually re-loaded the save now from the before the CHelsea match

( and no, I wont upload it and certainly not in this thread)

LOL
Amazing results!
Thing is, I found that making these awkward formations gives certain players more space. For example, Xabi Alonso had tons of room to rush forward and smack shots from outside the box into the goal.
I hope we don't get a new sudden rush on tactics on fm crowd now of epic awkward formations now lol

LOL
Amazing results!
Thing is, I found that making these awkward formations gives certain players more space. For example, Xabi Alonso had tons of room to rush forward and smack shots from outside the box into the goal.
I hope we don't get a new sudden rush on tactics on fm crowd now of epic awkward formations now lol

The formation it self seems to be a workaround of the ME issue where the players dont make movement around the ball holder. With this formation, they do

The formation it self seems to be a workaround of the ME issue where the players dont make movement around the ball holder. With this formation, they do

Yup probs due to the space they're given.
I might try to sort a tiki taka using an awkward as **** formation since when I was trying a possession based tactic the movement off the ball was terrible and so rigid.

well i lost my first game so i don't think it exploits anything... maybe just a very good tactic once your players are used to it?

well i lost my first game so i don't think it exploits anything... maybe just a very good tactic once your players are used to it?

I was referring to using a similar formation in MY tactic. This would not make you win all matches, but the match engine clearly could not cope with some parts of it.

On Topic: I agree, this tactic found here is NOT an exploit tactic, just an approach that has really good movements.

I don't get why you wouldn't post it Mr.TBH, let us have some fun (yes some people -like me- thinks that only winning even if it's not fair is fun). Please post it? D:

@topic

I've tried it on my Wehen (3rd.Bundesliga) save and it wasn't quite outstanding, 10w 7d 3l and an average 6th place by now, will update when the season ends.

First of all, one can't judge any tactic with the first try. I'm assuming you don't have full familiarity.
Also, make sure you are using the correct touchline shouts.
On top of that, as I said in the OP, this is Mourinho's approach to Madrid which works with Madrid and is created for Madrid. A real manager masterminds a tactic & their strategy to the strengths of his players.
If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, it's designed for Madrid!

I don't get why you wouldn't post it Mr.TBH, let us have some fun (yes some people -like me- thinks that only winning even if it's not fair is fun). Please post it? D:

@topic

I've tried it on my Wehen (3rd.Bundesliga) save and it wasn't quite outstanding, 10w 7d 3l and an average 6th place by now, will update when the season ends.
As I said in the OP, it's a tactic created for Real Madrid. Too many people here on fm base expect to download a tactic, stick it into the game and expect miracles. I recreate tactics in real life, sorry if it doesn't end up working wonders with your 3rd Bundesliga but perhaps you can try and strengthen your team in the window for players who suit the roles more perhaps?

--

Just as a general reply to everyone - As I've said a gazillion times, this is made for Real Madrid. I have created Mourinho's 4-3-3 at Chelsea and it has finished top of the league with Chelsea... once I upload it, I do not guarantee the tactic will work when thrown at any random team... no manager in the world jumps into a team and forces a tactic upon them. It is up to them to work to the strengths of their players. It is merely a hobby of mine to recreate real life tactics in FM & share them here after success.

As I said in the OP, it's a tactic created for Real Madrid. Too many people here on fm base expect to download a tactic, stick it into the game and expect miracles. I recreate tactics in real life, sorry if it doesn't end up working wonders with your 3rd Bundesliga but perhaps you can try and strengthen your team in the window for players who suit the roles more perhaps?

Chill out dude, you can leave the full defensive mode, no one here is saying that your tactic isn't good with Real Madrid or something, if you don't want people to test it with other teams in other scenarios I'm so sorry I guess.
Yes, I have spent quite some time finding players to fit this tactic, and possibly I've gotten the best players possible for my level so it isn't really a question of finding players who "suit the roles", maybe it's a question of squad strenght but 100% sure it isn't about suiting roles.

~perhaps~ the next time you can be less defensive and try to accept some feedback, I said I was gonna post some more at the end of the season but by now and with the way you've received some results and not even the critics itself I won't even bother on keep trying your tactic, thanks anyways for trying and maybe take things easier next time.

@edit just some more things that i wanted to say, I'm no TBH, raikan or Mr.Hough but I've been using downloaded tactics and creating ones for quite a long time and I can guarantee you I'm not the type of guys who just puts it into the game and complains, it even insults me that you talked to me like I was one.

Last edited: