Mr Hough Ft Mr Langvatn Tactic Thread.

Any of the 4-1-3-1-1 or the 4-1-3-2 for teams you should beat, and 4-1-4-1 rock against teams u shouldn't beat then I guess :)

Hi Mr L,

What about your 442 GungHo?? Putting the 4141 rock aside for away and tough games, which do you recommend among the 3, 442 Gungho, 4-1-3-1-1De X or the 4-1-3-2De X??

hi mr hough, how do you handle the cards' problem. a lot of cards due to the hard tackles
what if change the tackle to normal or never accroding to individual player's defence ability, will it be contradictory to your mind to design this tactic?

Try moving the the Players who are getting the most cards to Normal instead of Hard Tackling

Closed my second season last night with the tactic scored 160 goals (2.7 / game) and conceded 25 (0.4 / game) in 59 games.

Got promoted to first division, won the state cup and the brazilian cup! :D

One thing in your description that was not 100% accurate was about the Striker being the main goal source. I hope it will improve next season as I got a new striker on a free.
In my squad the CM's and AM are the main source, also my DC's scored 26 goals lol.

Last edited:
Closed my second season last night with the tactic scored 160 goals (2.7 / game) and conceded 25 (0.4 / game) in 59 games.

Got promoted to first division, won the state cup and the brazilian cup! :D

One thing in your description that was not 100% accurate was about the Striker being the main goal source. I hope it will improve next season as I got a new striker on a free.
In my squad the MC's and AMF are the main source, also my DC's scored 26 goals lol.

In my experience, the striker isn't the main goal source, it varies from team to team :) And yeah, the DC's score a lot with these corner settings :)

View attachment 350842

Done some tweaks to the defense and reduced CD a bit.. seems to be promising.. will try it with a less quality team as soon as im done with this season :)

View attachment 350842

Done some tweaks to the defense and reduced CD a bit.. seems to be promising.. will try it with a less quality team as soon as im done with this season :)

Hmm. With the original tactic playing Juventus, I had 72-8 after 25 matches. Have you done any changes to the attack, or the team settings, that can explain why you score only half the goals? :)

Hmm. With the original tactic playing Juventus, I had 72-8 after 25 matches. Have you done any changes to the attack, or the team settings, that can explain why you score only half the goals? :)
Mister, I've tried both 4-1-3-2 and 4-1-3-1-1. I lost 5-2 Reading and 3-0 Manchester United with 4-1-3-1-1 it's really disappointment for me.I think 4-1-3-2 is better than 4-1-3-1-1 especially attack. 4-1-3-1-1 needs upgrade.

Mister, I've tried both 4-1-3-2 and 4-1-3-1-1. I lost 5-2 Reading and 3-0 Manchester United with 4-1-3-1-1 it's really disappointment for me.I think 4-1-3-2 is better than 4-1-3-1-1 especially attack. 4-1-3-1-1 needs upgrade.

Me and Mr Hough have been further testing a lot. The 4-1-3-1-1 is very good, and doesn't need upgrading. If some of you have problems, they lie elsewhere than the tactic. New players taking time to adjust, player morale, etc etc.

Me and Mr Hough have been further testing a lot. The 4-1-3-1-1 is very good, and doesn't need upgrading. If some of you have problems, they lie elsewhere than the tactic. New players taking time to adjust, player morale, etc etc.
Did you try tactic in English League? The tactic is running a successful in European matches but it faces unstable results in English League.

It seems in this years FM the players playing in the more comfortable role i.e Poacher etc, is very important instead of giving these guys the attributes needed for each position you could just tell them what the role was in the Tactic Creator just trying to help.

Did you try tactic in English League? The tactic is running a successful in European matches but it faces unstable results in English League.

Yes, I have tried with Liverpool. Won the PL first season with it.

Just a suggestion but maybe player guides for both tactics would help, i.e. the best world 11 to give people an idea of the players they need, or even filters. I know it's been briefly covered earlier but it's a bit basic and usualy for your tactics things are a bit more detailed................I personaly love the tactic (playing with Barce and Messi as AMC).

Just a suggestion but maybe player guides for both tactics would help, i.e. the best world 11 to give people an idea of the players they need, or even filters. I know it's been briefly covered earlier but it's a bit basic and usualy for your tactics things are a bit more detailed................I personaly love the tactic (playing with Barce and Messi as AMC).

Normally I update my front page when people request stuff. That's the way it becomes detailed :) But on this thread, I can't change the front page, cause Mr Hough is the creator of the thread :p