Mr Houghs 4-1-2-3 Final Unbeaten

Im pretty sure this tactic works best when you have 10 players >_>

Two games now where it's 0-0 a player of mine get's sent off and i end up winning either 4-0 or 5-1 >_>

Trouble in the third season with Liverpool

Used this tactic on my latest save with LFC. Worked excellent the two first seasons. Won PL, Fa-cup and the League-cup the first season, PL and champions league the second. But in the third season I`m struggling. 10th place in the PL after 17 matches. Any suggestions what to do? Team:

Reina, G.Johnsen, Carra, Naldo, Maxwell, Mascherano, Shelvey, Van der Vaart, Gourcuff, Gerrard, Torres.

i started a new game, i dont have any of the updates though and the tactic doesnt seem to be working :eek:, im man utd, foster in goals, Lb evra, Rb brown, centre halfs are vidic and ferdinand, Dm carrick, Cm is fletcher and valencia, upfront iv got berba rooney and mata, rooney in the middle and berba on the right mata on the left, pre season it was **** hot, community shield i beat chelsea 4-2, but now the seasons started iv played 5, won 2 drew 2 and lost 1, is it because im pre patch ? any suggestions?! cheers :D

Used this tactic on my latest save with LFC. Worked excellent the two first seasons. Won PL, Fa-cup and the League-cup the first season, PL and champions league the second. But in the third season I`m struggling. 10th place in the PL after 17 matches. Any suggestions what to do? Team:

Reina, G.Johnsen, Carra, Naldo, Maxwell, Mascherano, Shelvey, Van der Vaart, Gourcuff, Gerrard, Torres.

Firstly, Carra is getting on now, and you should look to replace him, look at young Danish CB Mathias Jorgensen, or someone better known if you'd rather, Shawcross, Hangeland, Mexes are all good (It depends on your budget etc.) Also, you've got a very attack minded line-up, only Mascherano is in any way defensive in your midfield, so you might want to use a CM who is more defensive in the "4-2-3-1". Complacency might be another reason, you've been so successful that your team thinks they'll win every game easily, look at Wolf song's teamtalk guide to address this..
HERE
Other than that, no idea..

i started a new game, i dont have any of the updates though and the tactic doesnt seem to be working :eek:, im man utd, foster in goals, Lb evra, Rb brown, centre halfs are vidic and ferdinand, Dm carrick, Cm is fletcher and valencia, upfront iv got berba rooney and mata, rooney in the middle and berba on the right mata on the left, pre season it was **** hot, community shield i beat chelsea 4-2, but now the seasons started iv played 5, won 2 drew 2 and lost 1, is it because im pre patch ? any suggestions?! cheers :D

How many times are people going to say: "Your tactic sucks, i lost a game!" It probably has nothing to do with you being "pre-patch", you have to give your team time to gel, to get to know eachother's games, and the tactic, winning 40% of your games in the first 5 isn't that bad.. depending on who you played.

Besides, you have Foster and Brown, who are both awful :)

i never said the tactic sucked, i was just wondering if maybe i was doing something wrong, as up top he was 3 completely different teams and won the first 10 games of the season, browns playing ok, il give you the foster thing haha but van der sars out just now :(

I don't know how people say this tactic doesn't work o_O

I'm using a variation [4-2-1-3 instead of 4-1-2-3] and instead of getting anally raped by teams [Hearts being the best example] I'm getting rather respectable results.

as for the games, i beat arsenal 4-2 good start, then get beat off man city 2-1, then beat birmingham 1-0 then last 2 games i draw with hull and portsmouth, just played another game there beat wigan 2-0 but dominated the full game :)

Going to try this for Doncaster but i have already pick the pitch size as Max. Does anyone know if this effects the tactic alot ?

its supposed to be a must that you pick the minimun pitch size, but you could try it and see what happens :)

cheers, also is the nike defence already in the tactic when you download it or is it a different download from the tactic one ?

cheers, also is the nike defence already in the tactic when you download it or is it a different download from the tactic one ?
as far as i know thats already in the tactic mate :)

Ok cheers for the help mate and it looks like i need to start the Doncaster one again as i'm struggling in the Championship with one win this season against Middlesbough proberly to the fact that the pitch is too big.

Just seen this :O just downloaded and i have total faith that this will be a success with Guiseley in the BSN ;) (L)

I'm playing Arsenal... can I play Arshavin as 1 of the strikers ( Advance Forward ) or should I change? Thanks!

Ok cheers for the help mate and it looks like i need to start the Doncaster one again as i'm struggling in the Championship with one win this season against Middlesbough proberly to the fact that the pitch is too big.
are you using the 10.3 patch ? cos this tactic wasnt working well at all for me, im pre patch, downloaded a similar tactic of jp woodys though for pre patch and its quality (Y) :D

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I'm playing Arsenal... can I play Arshavin as 1 of the strikers ( Advance Forward ) or should I change? Thanks!
you can play him in the strike role, but you should try get another goal scorer, dzeko is a quality signin!

i'm using the orginal patch when you first start the game i haven't downloaded any patches.

i'm using the orginal patch when you first start the game i haven't downloaded any patches.
same here, the tactic never really worked for me i used it for like 25 games and didnt really like it, may be good for you but :)

so far the tactic has been working but home games are the key games, i seem to find it harder away.

wow this tactic is rubbish, getting pummeled home and away no creative spark and the defence is slow and ****