Mr Houghs 4-1-2-3 Final Unbeaten

Nightmare start to season 2, in 4 of our first 5 games we have been behind inside of 8 minutes.

Noticed

1. My defenders mark until opposing player reaches the area, then they run away allowing a free shot???

2. My winger free of defenders, runs towards goalkeeper, then instead of shooting, veers off to the left allowing the defender time to get back and make a challenge???

3. Abysmal 1st touch - delicately placed throughballs are thundering off my players feet straight to the opposing GK???

I have a 4 and a half star GK who cannot make a save???

Case in point

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its NOT the tactic, its the fecking game, its shockingly awful and woeful to watch.

Just to add, in the game above we conceded two wonder goals from distance, one player had a long shot stat of 3 and the other a 6, my strikers cant even score an open goal.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Look at this against newly promoted Cardiff

Plus, how many penalty misses do you see in FM? well we have missed 6 of our last 7 and the only one we scored was in a friendly, 4 different takers.
The tactic i sent you in slightly differnt to the one i am using now and i have also changed the attack, I'll send you the new one and hopefully that will be better for you.

Hello mr houghs! i was wondering if it is possible for you to upload Player Filters again. Thanks for a lovely tactic by the way.
Its doing wonders to my team!

I use this formation if my team are looking weak at half time and i find it brilliant..
Also a great way to win games against chelsea etc.. brilliant tactic

You guys,you should go to sport interactive forums,and try the Figther tactic by chan.
Its a 4-2-2-2
2 MC,and it works great honestly...mybe you can fusion somthing from that

I'm 7-3-2 since the switch and we seem to have a little more consistency

Trouble is, struggling through games like below when we should be out of sight.

I love the kind of chances this tactic creates, the player one on one with the keeper is often in a position to pass square to another attacker for an open goal tap in, funny how many times the player shooting taps it straight back to the GK :S

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

These next 3 games are just as frustrating if not more, in all 3 we were by far the better team in the first half, but struggle 2nd half and usually lose to a daft error from one of my defenders.

We literally NEVER get anything from the 50-50 games, unless we have a healthy lead first and the opposition go all out attack.

Last edited:
I'm 7-3-2 since the switch and we seem to have a little more consistency

Trouble is, struggling through games like below when we should be out of sight.

I love the kind of chances this tactic creates, the player one on one with the keeper is often in a position to pass square to another attacker for an open goal tap in, funny how many times the player shooting taps it straight back to the GK :S

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

These next 3 games are just as frustrating if not more, in all 3 we were by far the better team in the first half, but struggle 2nd half and usually lose to a daft error from one of my defenders.

We literally NEVER get anything from the 50-50 games, unless we have a healthy lead first and the opposition go all out attack.
Change the entire back 4 to Man Marking instead of Zonal, That might help

Since the switch i'm actually W 13 D 4 L 3 and playing well, so i'll keep going as it is and change to man marking if things start to go wrong again.

Cheers MrH, love this tactic.

Since the switch i'm actually W 13 D 4 L 3 and playing well, so i'll keep going as it is and change to man marking if things start to go wrong again.

Cheers MrH, love this tactic.
welcome mate.

It's really disappointing that I can't download this! Every time I click download this file it just opens around 20 new tabs and nothing ever downloads! When I go into my downloads folder it has around 20 or so of the tactic but the picture next to it is a little web page thing so I don't think it's downloaded properly. I still have put it in my tactics folder, but it never showed anything downloading at-all.

If anyone knows how I can fix this, that'd be just swell.

This result has completely demoralised me and i'm one or two results from quitting.

Dont get me wrong, we were lucky to be leading 2-0 at half time, but Burnley are bottom and were winless for about 12 games AND 2-0 down at HT.

We played poorly for the first time in ages and led 2-0 and i thought, blimey i'm finally gonna win a 50-50 game and Burnley had not even been in our area until their first goal having had 10 shots 0 on target.

This result has completely demoralised me and i'm one or two results from quitting.

Dont get me wrong, we were lucky to be leading 2-0 at half time, but Burnley are bottom and were winless for about 12 games AND 2-0 down at HT.

We played poorly for the first time in ages and led 2-0 and i thought, blimey i'm finally gonna win a 50-50 game and Burnley had not even been in our area until their first goal having had 10 shots 0 on target.

Think i need to work on the defence more though.

Think i need to work on the defence more though.

If it could be improved it would make all the difference.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Had to quit for now mate, shipping goals for fun, two full seasons and started the third and we are still conceding 1.3 goals a game.

I would'nt mind but my back four are all been sniffed at by R Madrid and such?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:19 PM ----------

Went back to it this morning and tried a few things, was optimistiv early on, but after a few games i think i've made it worse than ever.

You'd think that having the back four plus two DMC's would guarantee a relatively solid defence, the problem is, the way the game shows the goals going in you cannot work out where the problem lies.

I have a quality back four AND dmc's but somehow they defend like a Sunday league team, they all have high stats in the important departments(including concentration) but they tackle and position themselves on the pitch like 7 year olds.

I'd love to carry on with this game, because going forward its a joy to watch, maybe someone who is good at the defensive side of the tactical game can have a look and make some changes.

Like i say, 2.1 goals a game scored, but a massive 1.3 goals a game conceded, if we could get it down to about 0.8 this'll be about the best tactic out there that can be used by big and small clubs alike.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I tweaked the defence using the in game tactics balanced set ups, including the DMC's and in 8 games we had conceded 9 goals(last 8 we had conceded 19)

Then came Spurs away in the Cup

Here you go

Four of the goals were from 30 yards plus and one was a GK error.

i won my first 2 home games very unconvincingly. and then all **** broke lose when i was 1-3 down at half time to roma, at home. to be fair roma showed superior finishing, scoring first 2 chances of the game and a 35 yard freekick. the only player scoring for my team was otamendi, 3 goals in 2 game, he brought us back to 3-3 but taddei scored a header around the 89th minute and it ended 3-4.

Strange enough i won dinamo kiev 7-0 next. and then lost 1-2 to lazio away. But, i just realised i didnt use OI lol. so ill give it a try again and let you know how its going.

Oh, and is there anyway i can get my outer strikers more involved in play,i believe pato is too good of a player to just run down the flank too often...

Mrhough, i've gone back to the "Daves Best" version after finishing 5th in my first season.

I'm going to try it with a "Big Club" see if its still leaking goals?

Have you tried tweaking the defence yet?

Mrhough, i've gone back to the "Daves Best" version after finishing 5th in my first season.

I'm going to try it with a "Big Club" see if its still leaking goals?

Have you tried tweaking the defence yet?
Yeah i'm playing as fulham at the minute 2nd after 3 games, Conceded 3 in that time though but scored 10 no signings either.

Has anyone found that there full backs get absolutely knackered using this formation?

I'm having great success with it but the only downside is that my 1st choice full backs can rarely play more than 3 games in a row.

Has anyone found that there full backs get absolutely knackered using this formation?

I'm having great success with it but the only downside is that my 1st choice full backs can rarely play more than 3 games in a row.

Rotation mate! ;)

Honestly most of the better tactics i played on fm,relayed on FB most passes etc,Just have 2 FBL 2 FBR good passing Mental attributes And stamina,fitness.
And mr hough Did you Release the winger tactic?Cus i really want to test it