Hey guys, just a couple of questions
1. When people say they use "The Wizard" on this forum, are they referring to the 1st or 2nd?
2. Is the 1st Beta Wizard the same tactic as the classic, but using the "advanced" formation setup?
Cheers.
P.S. The GCS/Zico tactic is pretty good. How come nobody really talks about it?

Hey guys, just a couple of questions
1. When people say they use "The Wizard" on this forum, are they referring to the 1st or 2nd?
2. Is the 1st Beta Wizard the same tactic as the classic, but using the "advanced" formation setup?
Cheers.
P.S. The GCS/Zico tactic is pretty good. How come nobody really talks about it?
Answers to your Questions.

1. The wizard also known as the TC/Tactic Creater. is the first tactic, The classic version No2 is the same layout as previous tactics thoughout FM.

2. They are slightly different. The classic i feel is better because i could tweak the setting exactly how i wanted them when veiwing matches i could make adjustments that i could figure out how to do in the TC at that time.

3. I have no idea why people don't mention GCS's Version, On the Official SI forums they do quite abit maybe people just prefer mine/JP's Version better.

Any more questions let me know.

Brilliant tactic mate. Thought I'd let you know how it's going. I've been playing with Napoli and I've signed Cardozo and Saviola from Benfica after selling a few players. It's going outstandingly well, I've beaten all the big sides and my goal difference is outstanding. I'll upload the goals from corners screen aswell so you can see I'm not using the corner exploit.

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Hough for your prompt response, it is greatly appreciated.

I used the Second Beta Wizard earlier this week and laboured to a 2-0 win over a very mediocre team. I noticed that the strategy used "Control" and "Rigid" as the default. Should this be changed to "Overload" and "Very fluid" from the start of the match?

To be perfectly honest, I would much rather win 2-0 than 3-1, 4-2 etc. as I like to keep clean sheets, but overall at the end of the season I like to score at least 2 goals a match and concede 1 or less per game.

Thanks mate.

Thank you Mr. Hough for your prompt response, it is greatly appreciated.

I used the Second Beta Wizard earlier this week and laboured to a 2-0 win over a very mediocre team. I noticed that the strategy used "Control" and "Rigid" as the default. Should this be changed to "Overload" and "Very fluid" from the start of the match?

To be perfectly honest, I would much rather win 2-0 than 3-1, 4-2 etc. as I like to keep clean sheets, but overall at the end of the season I like to score at least 2 goals a match and concede 1 or less per game.

Thanks mate.
you have hit the nail on the head thats exactly why the philoshy is different because on very fluid it throws most players forward where as rigid/balanced it tends to keep players in position better so you will be less likely to be counter attacked and ill have players in better defence positions.

The downside to this is that the attack will suffer slightly because of the rigidness of the tactic.

Hello
First let me thank you Mr Hough for a fasntastic tactic that works !
I have lost my temper several times but thankfully i found your tactic.
With your tactic i have taken Swansea City to premiership champions within 3 years and have been in the champions league knockout stages for 3 seasons running. I did this using the wizard tactic.
I have started a new save with Man Utd and won the premiership in the first season and the league cup but lost the fa semi to Arsenal and the Champions league semi to R Madrid by 1 goal !
What i would like to ask is this :
On the Wizard tactic, when i hover over the strikers it tells me which striker position is what role ie advanced forward on the left, deeplying playmaker in the middle and poacher on the right. I have been playing Owen as the poacher, Berbatov as the Deep lying playmaker and Rooney as the Advanced forward. Which way are they lined up on the classic or does it make any difference ?
Did you manage to play with it to make the defence tighter ? I seem to be leaking a few goals and winning 3-1 3-2 etc.
Also, i am now in my second season with Man Utd even though i am undefeated in 10 do you think there is any chance the AI works out the tactic and counters it somehow making it less effective ?

Sorry there are loads of questions. Brill tactic and i praise your hard work, Thanks very much.

Hello
First let me thank you Mr Hough for a fasntastic tactic that works !
I have lost my temper several times but thankfully i found your tactic.
With your tactic i have taken Swansea City to premiership champions within 3 years and have been in the champions league knockout stages for 3 seasons running. I did this using the wizard tactic.
I have started a new save with Man Utd and won the premiership in the first season and the league cup but lost the fa semi to Arsenal and the Champions league semi to R Madrid by 1 goal !
What i would like to ask is this :
On the Wizard tactic, when i hover over the strikers it tells me which striker position is what role ie advanced forward on the left, deeplying playmaker in the middle and poacher on the right. I have been playing Owen as the poacher, Berbatov as the Deep lying playmaker and Rooney as the Advanced forward. Which way are they lined up on the classic or does it make any difference ?
Did you manage to play with it to make the defence tighter ? I seem to be leaking a few goals and winning 3-1 3-2 etc.
Also, i am now in my second season with Man Utd even though i am undefeated in 10 do you think there is any chance the AI works out the tactic and counters it somehow making it less effective ?

Sorry there are loads of questions. Brill tactic and i praise your hard work, Thanks very much.
The classic versions roles are exactly the same as the wizards ones.

The easyiest way to help your defence out without change the settings to much is to change the Philosophy to Rigid or Balanced, That way your players will stay in position more instead of bombing forward to attack which is what very fluid means.

If you change the settings your attack will suffer slightly because you won't have them extra players bragging the opp out of position like the very fluid settings does.

Have it on rigid or balenced will make your defence much more stable though.

The classic versions roles are exactly the same as the wizards ones.

The easyiest way to help your defence out without change the settings to much is to change the Philosophy to Rigid or Balanced, That way your players will stay in position more instead of bombing forward to attack which is what very fluid means.

If you change the settings your attack will suffer slightly because you won't have them extra players bragging the opp out of position like the very fluid settings does.

Have it on rigid or balenced will make your defence much more stable though.
Thats true but you have overuled the wizard reguarding individual settings meaning simply changing philosophy wont really do anything,they would need to untick all your individual settings.

Currently leading the Championship with 30 wins out of 30. My defence is impregnable though :)

picture.php

picture.php

And my first game since posting this, I drew 2-2 with an out of form Blackpool :'(

Insane tactic though hats off to you :D

Last edited:
Thats true but you have overuled the wizard reguarding individual settings meaning simply changing philosophy wont really do anything,they would need to untick all your individual settings.
I don't think that it changes the Philosphy the fact i've changed most of the sliders because if you look at the tactic you see that my defenders are on defensive settings yet the bomb forward on very fluid change it to rigid or balanced and the stay in the position better.

The team statergy now that don't matter if i change that because i've changed all the settings to how i want them thats why i never change that and just leave it on overload.

If you where to untick all the sliders then change the startagy it will change the all the settings depending on what role you have on your team Changing the Fluidness don't change anything but it means that more players will get forward or stay in position.

Thanks MrHough, am i right in saying i can only change the philosophy if i am using the wizard version and not the classic ?

Mr Hough, are you still working on the "Wingers" tactic?

I am more or less done with FM10, but would love a blast with a good winger tactic before i pull the plug.

Thanks mate

Garry

I'm having a sensational season with Atletico Madrid with this tactic - will post up after season is complete.
Sooo goooddd

Aguero - 54 goals in 54 games
Forlan - 99 goals in 53 games

team-1.jpg

am1.jpg

Perfect season....

jimmy.jpg

Treble

amgoalsassists.jpg

Goals and assists - league

aguero.jpg

Forlan.jpg

Last edited:
Mr Hough, are you still working on the "Wingers" tactic?

I am more or less done with FM10, but would love a blast with a good winger tactic before i pull the plug.

Thanks mate

Garry
yeah i am, I'm struggling to get the right formation and settings

yeah i am, I'm struggling to get the right formation and settings
What about if you slightly change your current tactic? move the poacher and advanced Forward into the AMR and AML poitions making them wingers and make the central striker a target man. Make width + 5 Wide instead of -5 narrow and focus passing flanks.

Last edited:
What about if you slightly change your current tactic? move the poacher and advanced Forward into the AMR and AML poitions making them wingers and make the central striker a target man. Make width + 5 Wide instead of -5 narrow and focus passing flanks.
Possibly try this way, I have messed about with the settings before on my current tactic but i'll have another blast.

Mr Hough,

Thanks for all the hard work you do. Ever since I started on FM2010 I've struggled but I think I may have finally found the tactic for me - your wizard version seems to be working very well with my Grimsby Town team.

I wanted a tactic that din;t just blow people away, I wanted one that would need me to actually pay attention and adjust accordingly and this, so far, appears to be the one.

I'll update at the end of the season

GTFCleague.jpg

Thanks Mr. Hough, we not only appreciate you posting your tactic, but also assisting with questions and replying to any feedback.

I got an exam coming up in early May, but can't wait to get back into FM2010 (amongst all the other **** that I have to put off).

Cheers.

Thanks Mr. Hough, we not only appreciate you posting your tactic, but also assisting with questions and replying to any feedback.

I got an exam coming up in early May, but can't wait to get back into FM2010 (amongst all the other **** that I have to put off).

Cheers.
Thanks, I know what it's like to struggle because i had never made any tactics before FM10, I firmly beleive that my success has been down to the Tactic Creator and hard work, Without the tactic creator i'd be clueless where to start like i have been on previous version of FM.

The tactic creator gives you so many templates to work from it's incredible i love it.