I decided to give this tactic a go as Mr Hough's tactics normally excellent and I'm worried I'm doing something wrong. Playing as Blackpool in the premier league 2018/2019 season. Started with this losing 2-0 to Chelsea, losing 5-1 to Middlesborough, losing 1-0 to Sheffield Utd and then scrapping a 1-0 win over Villa.

This seems to be a classic tactic, is there a wizard version and is the latest version update 8/5 the best to use ?

any help appreciated and I know i've not given this long, but concerned by some of the results so far.

I decided to give this tactic a go as Mr Hough's tactics normally excellent and I'm worried I'm doing something wrong. Playing as Blackpool in the premier league 2018/2019 season. Started with this losing 2-0 to Chelsea, losing 5-1 to Middlesborough, losing 1-0 to Sheffield Utd and then scrapping a 1-0 win over Villa.

This seems to be a classic tactic, is there a wizard version and is the latest version update 8/5 the best to use ?

any help appreciated and I know i've not given this long, but concerned by some of the results so far.
I'd be concerned my them results aswell the best version i have made is the lastest one 8th/5/10 so if your already try using that one.

I don't think I was using the OI instruction, so i will try this and see if it makes a difference.

can't remember the last time a team beat me 5-1, but I will keep with the tactic a little longer and see if it improves.

I'm playing Pacheco and Djalo up front with a regen called Rijsbergen, did manage a league cup game beating Lincoln League 2 4-0, went 4 up in about 25 minutes and then went very flat with no punch in the finishing for the rest of the game.

How can I check I have the right balance of players for this tactic?.

Started a game with Leeds using the tactic and it's worked well so far, dominated possession and shots but typically only been scoring 2 a game, though I won 6-0 in my last friendly.

Just wondering if I should play Beckford as poacher or advanced forward? Currently have front three of Becchio, Pacheco and Beckford though Beckford hasn't been playing well (bar last game he scored 2 and got a rating of 9.4).

This tactic is so good, but it is gay when people use them in there stories.

This tactic is so good, but it is gay when people use them in there stories.

I seen a challenge posted somewhere and one of the rules was 'no mrhough tactic' which just proves how good it is really

Not working out so well for me and my Aston Villa team for some reason...

Getting savaged badly by any teams that are about equal to me or who are better than me. Tottenham hammered me 3-0 on the opening game of the season and since then I've only really recorded victories against lower table teams.

I'm playing:

Friedel

Cuellar - Collins - Dunne - Warnock
Petrov
Milner Sidwell

Agbonlahor Carew Djalo

Any ideas?

Hi, ehm...

I use the tactics from this link (the on at the bottom of the first post)
http://www.filefront.com/16394319/Mr...-Oct-2009.tac/

and while it's the one without the role-options I really don't know what roles the two CMs play and the same with the three forwards.

Can anyone explain for me little idiot?^^

Sry 4 my bad English, I'm German.^^

Thanks
OK fritz, Lets help you out, The 2 midfield players you want strong hardworking players here who can pass the ball good, Players like veloso, Moutinho, Palacios.

The 2 wide strikers would be the more technical strikers with good Dribbling Flair Pace Technique, The central striker will be the strong physical type

I don't think I was using the OI instruction, so i will try this and see if it makes a difference.

can't remember the last time a team beat me 5-1, but I will keep with the tactic a little longer and see if it improves.

I'm playing Pacheco and Djalo up front with a regen called Rijsbergen, did manage a league cup game beating Lincoln League 2 4-0, went 4 up in about 25 minutes and then went very flat with no punch in the finishing for the rest of the game.

How can I check I have the right balance of players for this tactic?.

I think I worried too soon, since posting had the following results using your tactic Mr Hough.

Bolton 0 - 1 Blackpool
Peterborough 0 - 4 Blackpool
Everton 1 - 2 Blackpool
Blackpool 3 - 0 Man Utd
Blackpool 4 - 3 Arsenal
Sunderland 1 -3 Blackpool

Thank you sir, seems I did you an injustice, the tactic is working well, fingers crossed form continues. maybe the OI made the difference, or maybe just took a while for the players to adapt, but very happy with this latest batch of results.

OK fritz, Lets help you out, The 2 midfield players you want strong hardworking players here who can pass the ball good, Players like veloso, Moutinho, Palacios.

The 2 wide strikers would be the more technical strikers with good Dribbling Flair Pace Technique, The central striker will be the strong physical type

Okay, so my Players like Nani (for the outer forwards), Gourcuff, Van der Vaart (for the midfield positions) are more or less useless?
Especially Gourcuff was doing a very good job before, but my overall tactics wasn't good in total.

I'm playing with VfB Stuttgart and before my system was a barca-like 4-2-3-1 (4-5-1).
In the front played Edin Dzeko (or Artem Milevskyi) on the wings Nani (left) and Alejandro Dominguez (right), my AMC was Gourcuff/VdV and my CMs were Khedira/Moh. Diarra and Kuzmanovic.

Like you describe, Nani could do the wide striker part in general, but he can't play the FC (consequential while he's a winger).
So I think one option seems to be learning him this position or sell him, right?

So... first thanks for your explanation, so I can associate your description of the positions to the first post and look for the right players.

Edit: But one question is left. In the first post there's written "deep lying forward" what means to me "hanging behind the others" and "advanced forwards" who should be the middle one I think and stays near the offside. Both types don't seem to need physical skills respectively if you say the center positioned one has to have physical skills he's rather a "target man" or complete type of forward.
Am I right guessing the "wide strikers" are the deep lying ones and the central striker is the advanced striker but with physical skills which aren't mentioned in the first post?
Sry I'm a little irritated.^^

And thanks for your help.

Last edited:
How would the 10.3 tactic work on the 10.2 patch? would the results be different? Would I win less matches? would I have to tweak it in anyway?

Fresh game, and 10mil.

Yannick Djalo, John Bostock, Lars Stubhaug, Eliot Omozusi, Ciaran Clark, Pim Balkestein, Yannis Tafer, Andrea Poli, Jerome Boateng, Vincenzo Rennella, Marco Verratti, Daniel Pacheco,

Last edited:
Okay, so my Players like Nani (for the outer forwards), Gourcuff, Van der Vaart (for the midfield positions) are more or less useless?
Especially Gourcuff was doing a very good job before, but my overall tactics wasn't good in total.

I'm playing with VfB Stuttgart and before my system was a barca-like 4-2-3-1 (4-5-1).
In the front played Edin Dzeko (or Artem Milevskyi) on the wings Nani (left) and Alejandro Dominguez (right), my AMC was Gourcuff/VdV and my CMs were Khedira/Moh. Diarra and Kuzmanovic.

Like you describe, Nani could do the wide striker part in general, but he can't play the FC (consequential while he's a winger).
So I think one option seems to be learning him this position or sell him, right?

So... first thanks for your explanation, so I can associate your description of the positions to the first post and look for the right players.

Edit: But one question is left. In the first post there's written "deep lying forward" what means to me "hanging behind the others" and "advanced forwards" who should be the middle one I think and stays near the offside. Both types don't seem to need physical skills respectively if you say the center positioned one has to have physical skills he's rather a "target man" or complete type of forward.
Am I right guessing the "wide strikers" are the deep lying ones and the central striker is the advanced striker but with physical skills which aren't mentioned in the first post?
Sry I'm a little irritated.^^

And thanks for your help.
I have changed the 'roles' for the players and the attributes are correct.

If you look at the tactic playing you will notice that the 2 wide players run down the wings and either come inside cut the ball back or cross so what you want in these positions are technical strikers who can dribble have flair to go past people and other attributes like that. Now the middle striker is a deep lying forward because he will drop abit pick up the ball and wait for the opponent to close then pass he will also header the crosses and look to pick up the cut backs, So a player with strong physical presence here is best.

man .... Can u believe it ???
I manage fc brasov from romania , first season won the league with my tactic , now i`ve changed it , and the team is playing even better , can u believe i just won against liverpool in the first champions league game of the season using this tactic ??? Fabulous
View attachment 64268View attachment 64269

This tactic is superb. Love the way the 2 side strikers work tirelessly to such good effect.