Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
Collective Spirit Enganche Edition (highly recommended)

New tactic today September 21st 2015: Mr L 2-6-2 Collective Spirit

Ok, I know that the formation is not the most desirable one for many, BUT you should really consider trying this one out if you loved the old Rock Classic. Because this one limits the opponent AS much as the Rock Classic did. No Oi's, no manual marking. 100% plug and play other than setting set piece takers (same as below). Credits to TFF who gave me the idea of BPD-X + a much higher defensive line.

View attachment 224032

Hi guys!

Following the success of my Central Gambit tactic, I have made an even better one, and this time, it's tested a full season with Watford in the Premier League. As always from me, it's 100% plug and play :)

Formation

View attachment 226601

Here is some useful information about the tactic:

- Left fullback takes left corners

- Right fullback takes right corners

- Right fullback takes throw-ins both sides
(If you change this if you have a better DL to take throw-ins, you must also change throw-in instructions; If you set DL to take throw-ins, then you must set DL to stay back and DR to go forward!

- Best free kick taker takes free kicks

- If you are a heavy favourite to win the match, use the annihilation edition! It will make sure that bus is properly crushed!

- In the annihilation edition, if your goalkeeper has a high "throwing" attribute, you should change distribution to:

- "throw it long"

- "distribute quickly"

- remove "distribute to full-backs"

Opposition instructions

View attachment 226600
NB! Remember to un-tick assistant manager if the option for him to set OI's is ticked.

Match preparation

- Defensive positioning
- Match preparation bar on 50 %
- Allow rest before match (after is also okay if you have a small squad)

Results:

View attachment 226599View attachment 226598View attachment 226597View attachment 226596View attachment 226595

Christian Eriksen's tweak <---- Click me

Last edited:
Lol, wrong number order in name of the thread :) If any of you moderators come by, please fix it for me :) It's supposed to be 4-2-1-3... :p

going to give it ago with liverpool, who would you have as the 3 main strikers? coutinho sturridge fermino?

Currently trying it with Juventus, won away at Lazio 0-2 and home against inter 5-0, seems very promising with some very beautiful football and high pressure on the opponent.
Will keep you updated ;)

going to give it ago with liverpool, who would you have as the 3 main strikers? coutinho sturridge fermino?

I would get LFCmarshall's update from September and use Benteke, Ings and Sturridge, and then train Coutinho and Firmino for striker position, and then swap to them later :) Can also do rotation. All 5 are good strikers :) Ings maybe the weakest of them.

Currently trying it with Juventus, won away at Lazio 0-2 and home against inter 5-0, seems very promising with some very beautiful football and high pressure on the opponent.
Will keep you updated ;)

I love the long build-up play in it myself :) Very nice to watch! Even as Watford, I dominated possession away against many of the big teams.

I would get LFCmarshall's update from September and use Benteke, Ings and Sturridge, and then train Coutinho and Firmino for striker position, and then swap to them later :) Can also do rotation. All 5 are good strikers :) Ings maybe the weakest of them.

ok thanks

Gonna give this a try next season with my San Marino side in Serie A

Trying it with my Liverpool team now. Just beat Man City first match 4-0. They had 0 shots, 0 ccc's, 0 everything xD

Looks very promising, going to keep a close eye on this for sure. Ive found it hard to create a solid defensive tactic this year, which is also able to play beautiful footy and score some goals. Keep up the good work, your tactics have been class mate.

This one is the first tactic I have made in the last 2 years that really can compete with the Rock Classic from FM13

This. A tactic with an AMR would suite Ings much better imo, want to utilize the lads speed.

I wonder which team i should try with this one... lots of god tactics to play with, too little time to try 'em all - we're getting spoiled on this forum :)

do you think you could explain the perfect type of striker for this?

aguero style or ibra style?

extra height or extra speed?

etc

thank you

also, would the RPM be more of a central mid playmaker, or a bit more of a #10? like a fabregas/xavi or an ozil/iniesta

sorry for the questions, going to start a save with this and want to make sure i do it best as i can

also, would the RPM be more of a central mid playmaker, or a bit more of a #10? like a fabregas/xavi or an ozil/iniesta

sorry for the questions, going to start a save with this and want to make sure i do it best as i can

I haven't really tried so many different types, but I believe it's important that he is fairly quick, has high stamina and has good vision and passing skills.

Coutinho did great for me in that role first season. Now I use this guy

Decided to use it for the last 4 games with San Marino as we had nothing to play for. Had two 3-1 victories, a 2-2 draw and a 4-2 defeat (vs 2nd place).

Will use it again next season and report back with some more results