Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
NEW THREAD 04.06.2014:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s-new-improved-tactic-thread-test-league.html

Norwich 20 games test (Stonewall Counter):
View attachment 386822

Man Utd 20 games test (Stonewall Attack):
View attachment 386821

Season results from users for "Stonewall Attack":
Post #41: Newcastle first season 2nd place Thanks muas55 for sharing your results!
Post #274: Boreham Wood 1st place Thanks remlnx for sharing your results!

Season results from users for "Stonewall Counter":
Post #180: Hayes & Yeading 1st place Media Prediction 8th Thanks evo87 for sharing your results!

Hey guys!

I finally got around to make a tactic for 14.3.1, and it turned out to be a real beast in my opinion. It is pure plug and play, as always from me.

Screenshots will come, as I have several people testing as we speak, in order to provide me with screenshots of the results this tactic gives.

It's a 6-2-2 formation (see below), but don't let that fool you! The attacking strength of this tactic is immense, as both the wingbacks and the two attacking CM's have "Get further forward" enabled. So the wingbacks are basically wingers, and the CM's are basically AM's.

View attachment 387025

1. Keep your players happy.

2. Discipline your players when they do bad things.

3. Players: See the different roles

4. Match prep: Defensive positioning

5. Team Talk: Been using assistant manager to do that (High Motivation and Man Management stats)

6. Always give the tactic time. 10 games when the tactic is fully fluid is an absolute minimum to get to know the tactic and how (good) it works.

7. Have a high number and a high variety of friendly matches, so you get the tactic fully fluid before the start of the season!

8. IMPORTANT: Do not let assistant manager set Opposition Instructions, as I have manually pre-set OI's. Do not change these.

Please keep in mind that both these tactics are made for the English Premier League. How it fares in other countries is unknown at the moment, so I appreciate feedback on this so that I can inform users about problems in certain countries.

A big thank you to Jassar who provided me with the corner setup!

Links to other personally recommended tactics:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...mes-win-46-c-milan-goal-difference-100-a.html

The original tactic by postrotok (not v2) is incredibly good at home, and I have tweaked it a bit to have a good away option with the same positions. I will post the tweak below here, but I recommend going to his thread to download the original to use for home matches, and use the tweak for away matches.

Last edited:
I will test that now, thank you for you job once again :)

Hey! i'm gonna test this tac!! You said defensive positioning but...50/50 ?

Hey! i'm gonna test this tac!! You said defensive positioning but...50/50 ?

When testing it, I didn't change anything at all except set it to def pos. Will experiment with those bars later on. Perhaps with feedback from users :)

My team is completely set up to play with wingers.
Anyway, I'm going to test it just for fun

10-0-0 so far, including away matches against City and Arsenal.

Van Persie (In the Advanced Forward role) 19 goals in 15(1) games!

just took over sampdoria so will give it a blast with them

just took over sampdoria so will give it a blast with them

Will be nice to know how it fares in other leagues than the English Premier League :) Formations are different from country to country, and this tactic is made in the EPL.

Can you show us how do you display the players in the tactic?
Which kind of player take which positions?

Can you show us how do you display the players in the tactic?
Which kind of player take which positions?

Just look at the player roles. (Click on a role in the tactics window, and several attributes will be highlighted)
You can also check the players' star rating for each role.

I know.
But would you integrate any wingers in this tactic?
If yes, which position? Are they too offensive to play as wingback?

I know.
But would you integrate any wingers in this tactic?
If yes, which position? Are they too offensive to play as wingback?

Wingers sadly have no place in this tactic, except if they have decent marking/tackling and can be used as wingbacks :p

Just a quick question. does the keeper kicking long have any effect on the tactic? i was just wandering if its better passing short because otherwise your giving away posession needlessly.

Just a quick question. does the keeper kicking long have any effect on the tactic? i was just wandering if its better passing short because otherwise your giving away posession needlessly.

Good catch :) Totally forgot about the keeper. Haven't touched him really. That said, it seems to be working fine now, and it's not a possession tactic. Perhaps I will change it after some testing :) Thank you :)

no , best stuff, no best football, no amazing domination, no amaznig tactic, simply win , but shy ???? because good club , show you results MR Langvant on maybe cardiff or sunderland, aston villa , vallecano itc :) for such a club like manchester anyone would do such a result, if you are a legend is postaaraj more and more something nice to look at and to play

Cheers mate. i noticed quite a lot of his passes were paying off anyway. maybe thats due to a lot of players starting deep.