Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

Noticed that it actually scores more with counter mentality :) And free defense buff too :p

Tons of other changes too though. Looks much more stable now.

Exciting stuff. So is ninja your main tactic now? The defence of curious is brilliant

Exciting stuff. So is ninja your main tactic now? The defence of curious is brilliant

Defense in Ninjas v3 is better than defense of curious george. But what's exciting now is that I have a whole new platform to tweak on.

Cool ill proceed with ninjas v3. New platform?

Yeah, like new settings in the tactic that's not been tweaked so much yet. Just stumbled over a couple settings that worked very well together, and now I need to have a look at the rest :)

Remember, I'm testing with instant result now. So the OI's might be wrong. Will run another test watching the games to tweak the OI's.

going to test your counter ninjas tactic now for a season, but before i do i want to make sure i build the team for it properly so had 3 questions

1. should the DM's be more holding mids, creative holding mids, or box to box mids (so like, javi garcia/gareth barry, pirlo/xabi alonso, or yaya toure/marchisio)

2. should the SS be more #10's or more second strikers, do they have to score more or assist more, and does foot matter?

3. should the striker be a target man/pure finisher, or a creative/quick striker

sorry for the questions but i like to know how a tactic plays to get the best out of it before i build for it

going to test your counter ninjas tactic now for a season, but before i do i want to make sure i build the team for it properly so had 3 questions

1. should the DM's be more holding mids, creative holding mids, or box to box mids (so like, javi garcia/gareth barry, pirlo/xabi alonso, or yaya toure/marchisio)

2. should the SS be more #10's or more second strikers, do they have to score more or assist more, and does foot matter?

3. should the striker be a target man/pure finisher, or a creative/quick striker

sorry for the questions but i like to know how a tactic plays to get the best out of it before i build for it

First, make sure to use the latest one I added, the one that has "OI" in the end of the name.

Now to answer your questions:

1. Regular DM's (check role stats)

2. Foot doesn't matter, and same here, check role stats.

3. The f9 is holding the ball, so perhaps he should have a tad better technique than the rest, either that or strength enough to hold the ball. He also needs some acceleration I think, since he has "run wide with ball".

But these are just my assumptions for now, as the test team here has flat stat players. I appreciate any feedback you can give about this too :)

Soon done with the test now. Conceded only 17 goals after 31 games, and there are lots of easy games in the end.

Counter-Ninjas is released. Find link in the table at the front page! Best defensive stats in any of the tests I have done.

With the Shadow-Ninjas I conclude my work in FM14. It is extremely time consuming because of the randomness from match to match. If you save/load and run the same match 10 times, u will see 0-5 defeats and 5-0 wins, which is totally retarded, and makes it really difficult to test even the smallest tweaks. Anyway, I am really excited about Counter-Ninjas, and now I will enjoy a personal save with the tactic :) Will stay available at the thread though, cause I like all the people here :)