Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

With the Shadow-Ninjas I conclude my work in FM14. It is extremely time consuming because of the randomness from match to match. If you save/load and run the same match 10 times, u will see 0-5 defeats and 5-0 wins, which is totally retarded, and makes it really difficult to test even the smallest tweaks. Anyway, I am really excited about Counter-Ninjas, and now I will enjoy a personal save with the tactic :) Will stay available at the thread though, cause I like all the people here :)
just relax and enjoy the world cup hope spain wins! xD but will be dificult with Brasil stealing matches like the one against Croacia!

Cant wait for the CA 135 teams testing to finish.

This randomness is killing the joy of the game in some of us.

Its alreay June and last save i enjoyed was just after the release (using your Underdog beast Mr L.)

Thank you for your great help.

Mr L in your opinion whats the best tactic that use wingers or inside foward? just got bored of using danilos, i had excellent results with and it was insane, and your tactics looks very good but doesnt really fits to my team what do you recommend? thanks in advice!
View attachment 607904

Couldn't agree more about the randomness of FM14.

Played a match last night just after an autosave and lost 4-1. Turned FM off.

Replayed the game there now and won 5-1.

Couldn't agree more about the randomness of FM14.

Played a match last night just after an autosave and lost 4-1. Turned FM off.

Replayed the game there now and won 5-1.
i had that lost a game 1-0 dont know how but so replayed it and i was 6-1 up at half time it end 8-2 i was like wtf

Hello Mr L,

I use Curious George, and I see that I get to many yellow cards. Did you noticed that too, during tests? How could we stop this?

Played 4 with counter ninjas and won 4. Scored 19 conceded 0. then i played my 5th game....

View attachment 371791

Fair enough i didn't have loads of shots on target or CCC. but they had 1 feckin shot!

Cant wait for the CA 135 teams testing to finish.

This randomness is killing the joy of the game in some of us.

Its alreay June and last save i enjoyed was just after the release (using your Underdog beast Mr L.)

Thank you for your great help.

Well, if it kills the joy for you guys, then imagine how hard it is to tweak a tactic and then test the results? That's why it is so insanely time consuming now. For every single tweak you have to test the same game like 10 times, take an average of the ten, then do the same for a couple more matches with different formations. Incredibly annoying that it's so insanely random. I would accept losing or winning the same match by a few numbers, but like 6-0 win to 0-5 loss should be impossible!

And a tactic that has conceded 10 goals the whole season suddenly concedes 10 more in the last 3 matches. Now, that is random too.

Last edited:
Hello Mr L,

I use Curious George, and I see that I get to many yellow cards. Did you noticed that too, during tests? How could we stop this?

I don't notice such things while testing, just using instant result in the tests. But of course there are things u can do about it. In player instructions, you can set them to do weaker tackles. Or just get less aggressive players. However, this effects other things too, both the settings and the aggressive stat. Another thing that's important is that all players have high tackling skill, so they do it correctly and thus avoiding cards. Every single role in the tactic has tackling highlighted, so this is a stat you should look for.

Dbotiger just finished his test on Counter-Ninjas, and it did groundbreakingly well in this test too :) Posting results soon!

hey Mr Langvatn im using Shadow Ninjas and its great to look at and sum great results but away matchs is whats letting me down im losing alot of them. Do i need to make any changes? im southamton

Average on around 91 points total now for Counter-Ninjas, that's 3-4 points higher than Danilo

I just beat Valencia out of Europa League, I'm Celtic :) First season :) They didn't even have one single clear cut against me in their home field :p I dominated ccc's and shots both home and away against a MUCH stronger opponent.

YES, change to counter-ninjas :p (for all games)
cool il do that :) i changed the corner set up as i was conceding a few and wasnt scoring any but since i chaged i havent conceded and iv scored a few goals from corners but its early days

I recommend all to use the Counter-Ninjas tactic. It's the most consistent tactic for all teams. (Yes, it's also better than Curious George)