Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre FM14

BLEH! I miss the sliders soooo much... I can't do **** with this. I can make a tactic create tons of ccc's. But without sliders, I can't make them good ccc's. Defense is impossible to tweak to perfection without sliders. Nothing I do now has a big effect. And the randomness from on/off rather than 1-20 is ******* everything up when wanting to create a stable tactic. I've already seen like 20 games where I have had 8+ ccc's and only scored 1-2 goals. I've got one tactic that's fun to play, but it is not up to par with the likes of say the 3-4-2-1-0 romian & vezz (SicSyco tweak). I can recommend that tactic, but the formation is extremely undesireable. I wanted to make a tactic with a more popular formation, but that seems impossible to do with the same results. I've spent some days now trying, and now school starts up again, and my time will be very limited again. I'll try to tweak the 4-3-3 I have made as good as possible and release that one. Maybe next patch I will try again.
Were all ****** then :'(

Don't get me wrong, I can still make good tactics, but it's impossible to make "Supertactics" now.

I think the closest to it in this years game is going with the 3 centre backs and 2 wingbacks...... seems to be the best way to keep a half decent defence, a long with having the rest of the team packing the midfield seems to be the most effective.

Could you upload your best tactic ATM MR L just for us to try

Here. It's a good tactic that creates an insane amount of ccc's. However, it's not up to par with my tactics from FM13, which I think is impossible this year without sliders.

This fm14 is worst version in last 10 years

Even I managed to make great tactic who works I am still frustrated buy stupid match engine and individual mistakes of my players.

So, anyone tried the 4-3-3 in a real league yet? I have only run it through the custom database myself, so would be nice to see how it fares with real clubs :)

This fm14 is worst version in last 10 years

Even I managed to make great tactic who works I am still frustrated buy stupid match engine and individual mistakes of my players.

For tacticians, the game is kinda broken now. On/off rather than 1-20 is too damaging to the fun of tactic creation. Last year I enjoyed making tactics, this year I'm ripping my hair out in frustration over the lack of options to play with. 4-3-3 Angels Reborn will be the only tactic from me for FM14, and probably forever if Sigames doesn't make the game enjoyable for tacticians again. I will still be around on the community, and will probably start playing the game instead of tactic creation.

Last edited:
Maybe last major patch will change something... Earlier version of 14 had more interesting and different tactics than current. I gave up on this version already as huge match engine patch is inevitable.

Mr L, your underdog beast was a simple tactic with simple instructions and no individual tweaks and changes in sliders.

Isnt any of your other 13 tactics like that, so we can easily replicate them in 14 tactic system and see if they work?

I am telling you this because your Underdog Beast STILL WORKS. Not perfect, but very good.

For tacticians, the game is kinda broken now. On/off rather than 1-20 is too damaging to the fun of tactic creation. Last year I enjoyed making tactics, this year I'm ripping my hair out in frustration over the lack of options to play with. 4-3-3 Angels Reborn will be the only tactic from me for FM14, and probably forever if Sigames doesn't make the game enjoyable for tacticians again. I will still be around on the community, and will probably start playing the game instead of tactic creation.

It's a fair point, but I would encourage you to carry on, maybe think about it in another way.

I think you could create 2-3 tactics which amount to a "super system" rather than 1 single one. I don't have the skills, but you clearly hit on something in your villa test (consistently beating Arsenal)...What if this was the answer to a particular formation? Or a particular scenario (Underdog).

I honestly believe this is the bridge between the 2 worlds of single tactic domination and ultra in game tweaking.

Good luck whatever you decide...

BLEH! I miss the sliders soooo much... I can't do **** with this. I can make a tactic create tons of ccc's. But without sliders, I can't make them good ccc's. Defense is impossible to tweak to perfection without sliders. Nothing I do now has a big effect. And the randomness from on/off rather than 1-20 is ******* everything up when wanting to create a stable tactic. I've already seen like 20 games where I have had 8+ ccc's and only scored 1-2 goals. I've got one tactic that's fun to play, but it is not up to par with the likes of say the 3-4-2-1-0 romian & vezz (SicSyco tweak). I can recommend that tactic, but the formation is extremely undesireable. I wanted to make a tactic with a more popular formation, but that seems impossible to do with the same results. I've spent some days now trying, and now school starts up again, and my time will be very limited again. I'll try to tweak the 4-3-3 I have made as good as possible and release that one. Maybe next patch I will try again.

I think its obvious the new system is not offering users as much room for manoeuvre as before. But imho it is much more realistic to tell people what to do rather than to push and pull sliders. So its an honourable failure and a step in the right direction which SI need to tweak extensively in future versions (perhaps by giving wider options of what instructions to give).

BTW the Underdog beast is not as brill as first thought. Midway through it started producing iffy results - dominating weaker sides and having a lot of ccc but then losing. Still won the Apertura using it for 80% of matches though by 2 points with ESTUDIANTES who were predicted to finish fifth. With a very small squad which has a number of quality players so that may also have played a part.

It's a fair point, but I would encourage you to carry on, maybe think about it in another way.

I think you could create 2-3 tactics which amount to a "super system" rather than 1 single one. I don't have the skills, but you clearly hit on something in your villa test (consistently beating Arsenal)...What if this was the answer to a particular formation? Or a particular scenario (Underdog).

I honestly believe this is the bridge between the 2 worlds of single tactic domination and ultra in game tweaking.

Good luck whatever you decide...

Ye, plug and play is hereby killed :p I agree that it is possible to make a great tactic system consisting of three tactics, but that's just not my game. Tweaking one tactic until perfection against all kinds of formations was intriguing. The Arsenal game I won 5-0, then 3-0 and 3-0, then lost the three next, extremely random. But maybe I will have a look at tactic creation again in the final patch, maybe there are some nice changes incoming.

I think its obvious the new system is not offering users as much room for manoeuvre as before. But imho it is much more realistic to tell people what to do rather than to push and pull sliders. So its an honourable failure and a step in the right direction which SI need to tweak extensively in future versions (perhaps by giving wider options of what instructions to give).

BTW the Underdog beast is not as brill as first thought. Midway through it started producing iffy results - dominating weaker sides and having a lot of ccc but then losing. Still won the Apertura using it for 80% of matches though by 2 points with ESTUDIANTES who were predicted to finish fifth. With a very small squad which has a number of quality players so that may also have played a part.

The Underdog beast isn't good enough, no. The 4-3-3 in the OP is tons better.

Mr L. do you think its better DEFENSIVE too?

Because i prefer to draw 0-0 than win 4-3.

To be honest i just started a new save in classic mode (i read in Si forums that its best to test tactics because it doesnt include familiarity, you make a change and you instantly see its effect) and i will post back just for the history.

As for Undergod Beast even in last FM it REQUIRED PERFECT MORALE, so you have to manage things good. Not plug and win everyone.

Last edited:
Mr L. do you think its better DEFENSIVE too?

Because i prefer to draw 0-0 than win 4-3.

To be honest i just started a new save in classic mode (i read in Si forums that its best to test tactics because it doesnt include familiarity, you make a change and you instantly see its effect) and i will post back just for the history.

As for Undergod Beast even in last FM it REQUIRED PERFECT MORALE, so you have to manage things good. Not plug and win everyone.

If you want a good defensive tactic, go with 3-4-2-1-0 romian & vezz (SicSyco tweak). It's the best tactic around now. I could perhaps tweak that one to become even better, but I prefer making my own tactics.

Last edited: