They still work, most of the 3 striker ones can even be morphed down to a normal 433DM on losing a few goals but stronger defence, if you know what you are doin. Killerbee can be moved into one as well.
Alright mate, maybe its just that I couldn't make them to work. I am not bad at tweaking and making my tactics, but still wingers did not work great for me. I dont really watch most of the matches, more interested in statistics, scouting and player development. So I prefer a great dominant tactic that will bring success and help me create awesome ingame scenarios that will entertain me. :)

Same as in the OP, for now..
Here it is. But keep in mind, it's under construction. Use at own risk :)
I've found a way for the Rock 15 to score more. I had to move the ML and MR to AML and AMR. Still got the defensive stability.

edit: I just beat Man Utd 6-1 away lol.

Maybe it is safe to say Rock is for away/hard matches ? Like i always said, first thing i look at when ppl post their tac is the away matches results.. This Rock seems like the real deal.. Gonna download it anyway, luckily it uses the same OI..

For the final release, i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope it uses the same OI.. Having to choose between GungHo & Rock is like choosing to-play-FM or to-have-***.. Both are so tempting lol.. It's quite pain in the *** if I were to (have to) change OIs everytime i switch tac (if with different OI)

I will now start setting up my own custom testing database so I can test my tactics properly. It will be easier to distinguish which of my tactics are better then :)

Last edited:
Framework for my tactic test

Here is the framework for my tactic test. As you can see, I've made an England national team as the test team, and I have boosted my opponents by giving them some world stars. For example, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi at Liverpool, Cristiano Ronaldo and Arturo Vidal at Man Utd etc. As an effect of this, I have been predicted to end 7th, so this should be a good test. Attached you can also see staff responsibilities and training. Everything is set to minimalize randomness. I also use FMRTE to freeze players, so the players' morale and fitness will be the same every match. I've also set "Injury Proneness" to 1 for all players, and reduced the chances of all injuries to an absolute minimum.

I also use a template save file, so that the schedule list is the same for all tactics tested. In addition, I use FMRTE to set all tactics to 100% fluid, so that all tactics are played the way they should be played.

EDIT:

Some final touches for the tactic test database:

- Reduced test team reputation to 6450 to resemble a mid-table team
- Added yet another star player to Newcastle, Everton and Southampton
- Set "Consistency" on all players to 20, again to reduce randomness
- Reduced Rooney's CA to 160, as 170 was too overpowered for this team
smile.gif

Last edited:
Here is the framework for my tactic test. As you can see, I've made an England national team as the test team, and I have boosted my opponents by giving them some world stars. For example, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi at Liverpool, Cristiano Ronaldo and Arturo Vidal at Man Utd etc. As an effect of this, I have been predicted to end 7th, so this should be a good test. Attached you can also see staff responsibilities and training. Everything is set to minimalize randomness. I also use FMRTE to freeze players, so they cannot be injured, and their morale will be the same every match.

I also use a template save file, so that the schedule list is the same for all tactics tested. In addition, I use FMRTE to set all tactics to 100% fluid, so that all tactics are played the way they should be played.

I wish Spurs really did have Ibra lol :p

I will now start setting up my own custom testing database so I can test my tactics properly. It will be easier to distinguish which of my tactics are better then :)

Good luck my friend, eager to see the results :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I beefed up 3 more teams now, Everton, Newcastle and Southampton (Gave them two world-stars each, Real Madrid and Barcelona's top players). I wanted around half the league to be quite good teams.

Ready to start testing soon :D

Last edited:
Some final touches for the tactic test database:

- Reduced test team reputation to 6450 to resemble a mid-table team
- Added yet another star player to Newcastle, Everton and Southampton
- Set "Consistency" on all players to 20, again to reduce randomness
- Reduced Rooney's CA to 160, as 170 was too overpowered for this team :)

Hi Mr Langvatn :)
first of all thanks for your great work mate.
Just one question, will you share your testing league?

I am reluctant to do so, because the framework for the testing itself is more important than the database. And there are only very few people I trust to be accurate enough :) I will share it with anyone who are genuinly interested, but then I need to make an instruction sheet for the guidelines of the testing. Also, anyone who will use this for testing needs to have FMRTE.

How does this look? Anything you disagree with or anything you want to add?

TACTICFACAPGFCGFGAGDTGSH. PtsA.PtsT.Pts

Abbreviations:
FA: FA-cup (Adding x points to total points per stage reached, and + x for winning the cup)
CAP: Capital One Cup (Adding x points to total points per stage reached, and + x for winning the cup) (Haven't decided the numbers yet)
GFC: Goals from corners (League)
GF: Goals for (League)
GA: Goals against (League)
GD: Goal difference (League)
TGS: Top goal scorer (League)
H.Pts: Home points (League)
A.Pts: Away points (League)
T.Pts: Total points (League + FA + Cap)

Last edited:
I know goals from corners shouldn't't change much but would be interesting if it does vary with the different tactics

Plugged the rock tactic in and was flying for about 6 games winning 9-1 at home to sunderland and 5-1 against Chelsea then all of a sudden it has gone really poor, creating hardly any chance and losing to a poor villa side and drawing with wigan?

Plugged the rock tactic in and was flying for about 6 games winning 9-1 at home to sunderland and 5-1 against Chelsea then all of a sudden it has gone really poor, creating hardly any chance and losing to a poor villa side and drawing with wigan?

I'm experiencing the same in the new tactic test template :) Anyway, that is a tactic under progress. By the way, the 4-2-4 Gung-Ho CRUSHED the new database. 32-3-3 throughout the season. Insane. All other tactics I've tried (of my own) so far, have been totally butchered by the beefed up teams in the custom premier league.

I like playing 4-3-2-1 wide MrL so hopefully you can sort a quality one out for me. I thought you had broken the ME with the first game as I had 11 CCC and 8 Half chances in that 9-1 victory

Considering a lot more factors coming in, I think it is better to have custon created competition for teams, to reduce random factors. Using FMRTE is great idea, but to be fair you will need to freeze the whole division then, so everyone can play needed players everyday.
I have my own thoughts on how testing should be conducted, and so does everyone. Because of that, just do what you think is the best, its your testing, but try keep all the influencing factors consistent between teams and between tests :)