Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre for FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Langvatn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 808
  • Views Views 188K
It would require a lot of testing, but if we can make the tactic better that way by scoring more corner goals, then it will be worth it of course :) I can start looking into it now!
I've done the tweak. Right player now in WB slot with Wing Back Auto duty. So corners work from both sides :) Played 3 games, tested it. I dont now how this will work in your tactic, but I always prefered wingbacks when they are lone wide man, because its only up to them to offer width.
You have fb on auto, which is attack with overload mentality, maybe WB on support will work, offensively they are about as agressive as fb on attack. But true that it will require testing. So that was just a note from me that exploit works with WB position as well, if your new tactic can be tweaked the we'll get again 30-40 season corner goals :)

Fluid 90%, yes using your OI's , in my second game I draw 2:2 with Augsburg ;/

As always, as long as tactic isn't 100% fluid, I don't trust any results at all, never did, because the tactic isn't played the way I designed it to work then. And, I can guarantee you that you can win Bundesliga easy first season with Dortmund using this tactic :) + When testing and tweaking, I can see that if you run the same game 10 times, you can win 8 of them 4-0 ish and then suddenly lose the 9th 4-0 ish. It's just the way the game is. Not the tactic's fault :) Other random elements in the game. That's why I use database testing, because then I can take away some of these random elements.

Also, when I test a tweak, I test at least 20 games to see how it works. Singular game testing is totally not usable information for us tacticians.

Last edited:
Hmm,I don't think it can work without the fullbacks mate. So maybe just apply the tweak for the left side then? And do something else for the right side?
The other option is to put treq to amr, which I don't think is going to work the same. I'll look deeper, but hey, even if 1 side works, its still an improvement!

The other option is to put treq to amr, which I don't think is going to work the same. I'll look deeper, but hey, even if 1 side works, its still an improvement!

No, the Trequartista MUST be where he is, most important position and role in the whole tactic :P Yeah, if 1 side works, that could maybe give 10 more goals a season! Could you post a screenshot of the setup?

No, the Trequartista MUST be where he is, most important position and role in the whole tactic :P Yeah, if 1 side works, that could maybe give 10 more goals a season! Could you post a screenshot of the setup?
Yeah thats what I am telling, only if fullback can be tweaked :) Look at WB support, should be pretty similar in performance from what I see. I also changed left fb to wb, but in fb slot, works great by overlapping IF, but hey its just me playing, the only thing that matters is right wb. I ll post screenshot in 10 mins

Yeah thats what I am telling, only if fullback can be tweaked :) Look at WB support, should be pretty similar in performance from what I see. I also changed left fb to wb, but in fb slot, works great by overlapping IF, but hey its just me playing, the only thing that matters is right wb. I ll post screenshot in 10 mins

Tested a lot with wb's in fb slot, and defensively, it's far from the same. But on the right side, by moving the BWM a little to the right to cover for the wing back, it may work. Will test this more.

no. BWM will leave space to abuse, DM(normal closing down) should work to cover WBr

I think I've found a way for WB to work man. Ok, now I will have to do a full season test with the tweak + your corners :)

Give me a bit more time, just making sure everything is set right.

Okay here is the set piece. Works okay with both sides. Pass to wide man - pass to MC or other player - hope for goal or lucky rebound.
DL should take both right and left corners. It is better to remove "Shoots less" PI from CM, he should ideally take first time shots (check my post about PPM's and attributes in your community thrread).
IF works great, but CWA tends to cross the ball instead of passing, because of his "Cross more often" PI that comes naturally with his role. It can't really be changed, maybe only if you add "Pass it shorter, fewer risky passes", but I am not even sure this will change anything in the corner. Still, wingback is in great position for a good cross, so DC's should score some as a bonus.
At least IF does his thing, make sure he's not changed to winger or whatever, "Cross more often" is bad for this corner setup :)
DM's are the cover during corners, but one of them can be sent to challenge keeper, to make things more offensive. But I decided it's not really worth because of counter attack chance opposition will have.
Cheers I hope everything makes sense.

Okay here is the set piece. Works okay with both sides. Pass to wide man - pass to MC or other player - hope for goal or lucky rebound.
DL should take both right and left corners. It is better to remove "Shoots less" PI from CM, he should ideally take first time shots (check my post about PPM's and attributes in your community thrread).
IF works great, but CWA tends to cross the ball instead of passing, because of his "Cross more often" PI that comes naturally with his role. It can't really be changed, maybe only if you add "Pass it shorter, fewer risky passes", but I am not even sure this will change anything in the corner. Still, wingback is in great position for a good cross, so DC's should score some as a bonus.
At least IF does his thing, make sure he's not changed to winger or whatever, "Cross more often" is bad for this corner setup :)
DM's are the cover during corners, but one of them can be sent to challenge keeper, to make things more offensive. But I decided it's not really worth because of counter attack chance opposition will have.
Cheers I hope everything makes sense.

Ok. Will try this out for a full season test :) By the way, the Trequartista has "cross more often". Do I need to remove that?

After 10 games, 3W, 3D, 4L I got fired.
the best win with Paderborn 4:1 , "the best" lost with Madrid 7-2

After 10 games, 3W, 3D, 4L I got fired.
the best win with Paderborn 4:1 , "the best" lost with Madrid 7-2

Then you are doing something wrong :) I'll start a Dortmund save just to see for myself :)

Last edited:
McFly, can you post a screenshot of formations faced? Maybe it's got something to do with different formations than in England.

0 chances

In England, if you face a "lesser" team, they usually have 0-0-0-0 stats, like this. I don't see how I can concede goals against 0 chances :P

WBR edition Pavleg corners

It works well with WBR and pavleg corners, but it lost a little bit of the defensive stability. However, I believe it's a little bit higher scoring too. Anyway, I choose to scrap this and keep the original version in the OP. But, I will attach the tweaked version here, if anyone wanna have a further look at it, or develop it further.

Back