Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre for FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Langvatn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 808
  • Views Views 188K
It works well with WBR and pavleg corners, but it lost a little bit of the defensive stability. However, I believe it's a little bit higher scoring too. Anyway, I choose to scrap this and keep the original version in the OP. But, I will attach the tweaked version here, if anyone wanna have a further look at it, or develop it further.
The battle may have been lost, but the war is not over.;)

The battle may have been lost, but the war is not over.;)
Only DL takes corner yeah ?

Anyway Mr. L, last night i plug this easter, against Cardiff (league cup, i'm newcastle with some good signings), and i actually only drew the match (lost on penalty)...
I mean, idk, usually a good tactic i've tested would work instantly, even not 100% fluid... like your gung-ho, it gave me instant amazing results.. unfortunately not fr this easter and zyndar... quite disappointed cause only 1 of your masterpieces work fr me.. but at least better than nothing eh :) not saying this tac isn't good, maybe it's just me..

but i always believe in my 'philosophy' of testing tac, whichever gives instant results and good at away games, it's a masterpiece. cheers

Only DL takes corner yeah ?

Anyway Mr. L, last night i plug this easter, against Cardiff (league cup, i'm newcastle with some good signings), and i actually only drew the match (lost on penalty)...
I mean, idk, usually a good tactic i've tested would work instantly, even not 100% fluid... like your gung-ho, it gave me instant amazing results.. unfortunately not fr this easter and zyndar... quite disappointed cause only 1 of your masterpieces work fr me.. but at least better than nothing eh :) not saying this tac isn't good, maybe it's just me..

but i always believe in my 'philosophy' of testing tac, whichever gives instant results and good at away games, it's a masterpiece. cheers

Maybe I should post something in the OP about this, so I won't have to repeat myself over and over :P The randomness in FM makes singular match results completely useless information, and you can never judge a tactic unless you've used it for a full season. Nevertheless, if you feel that trying a match is the best testing method, then you do that and stick to gung-ho, since you "avoided" bad luck/randomness when testing the one match with that tactic :) I am using the Easter Gambit for my personal saves. I guess all have their own favourite :)

+ remember OI's and defensive positioning match prep, and never judge results from any tactic you test unless it's 100% fluid, as the players don't play the way the tactic is designed.

Something like this should work. If you can, add "Shoot less" PI to Inside Forward (otherwise he shoots from tight angles and less goals will come from corners), remove "Shoot less" PI from Roaming Playmaker (otherwise he's to shy to shoot when recieves a pass during corner).
DL, DR or DM that stays back (Gerrard) can all take the corners, so that you'll have 2 covering players anyway.

Something like this should work. If you can, add "Shoot less" PI to Inside Forward (otherwise he shoots from tight angles and less goals will come from corners), remove "Shoot less" PI from Roaming Playmaker (otherwise he's to shy to shoot when recieves a pass during corner).
DL, DR or DM that stays back (Gerrard) can all take the corners, so that you'll have 2 covering players anyway.

Thanks mate :)

May give the new one a go with a championship team again, feel as an underdog may get smashed with overload

Also how is it going on your personal saves?

May give the new one a go with a championship team again, feel as an underdog may get smashed with overload

Also how is it going on your personal saves?

I have just finished first season in my personal save with Liverpool. It went fairly well I think! I didn't buy any players, and had some injuries on key players, but I won the Champions League after a penalty shootout vs Real Madrid in the final! I finished 3rd in the league, 3 points behind City and Utd. But I really stomped all Championis League opposition. Scored 8 goals vs Juventus, and I dominated Real Madrid hard in the final, although it ended 2-2.

Don't get fooled by the overload mate. This is the most defensively stable tactic I have, although Zyndar is pretty much the same defensively :)

Always so funny when reading this: "Balotelli is Europe's top marksman!"

Use Easter Gambit home and away, regardless of opposition?

Last edited:
Started working to see if I can make Gung-Ho even better. Just small changes, but hopefully worthwhile :)

Back