Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

which tactic would you recommend for managing either Arsenal, Man City & Swansea has I have datas with these 3 teams. Thanks

I keep using the 3-6-1, thank you for the advice. First match 2-2 away with brasov(a better team), good result :D

Second game at home against steaua, thy hardly scored one goal in minute 87 from a penalty

Last edited:
I'm into my 4th season in the Prem now using Rock Classic, things are not as good as they were. I'm sitting about 12th half way through the season and I just keep getting beat by teams that are worse. I've not done anything different than the other seasons and I haven't really bought many players, just moved a few through the youth system.

My team is very young though, I like to sign wonderkids both real and regens and train them up to be great players, Could that be my issue?

which tactic would you recommend for managing either Arsenal, Man City & Swansea has I have datas with these 3 teams. Thanks

First season? Or what u mean? Just follow the recommendations at the front page. 2-5-3 Angels V2 for top team etc..

never realised how good the rock classic was till now took over Cardiff in January they were 19th with 2 games to go i'm sitting in 7th and in fa cup final guaranteed europe

I'm into my 4th season in the Prem now using Rock Classic, things are not as good as they were. I'm sitting about 12th half way through the season and I just keep getting beat by teams that are worse. I've not done anything different than the other seasons and I haven't really bought many players, just moved a few through the youth system.

My team is very young though, I like to sign wonderkids both real and regens and train them up to be great players, Could that be my issue?

Shouldn't be an issue really. Check what your assistant says about the team gel level. Are you using the same starting 11 as the year before or are there a lot of new ones in your first eleven? There are so many things that can happen, so it's hard to pinpoint what some times. And some times the RNG just ***** you over for a period of time.

Gonna give rock classic a go. Been trying to look through this thread for what each player type should be per position.

at a guess would it be: Sweeper keeper, full backs with the ability to attack, all round centerbacks, a defensive midfielder, 2 box to box midfielders, 2 wingers, and a complete forward?

Gonna give rock classic a go. Been trying to look through this thread for what each player type should be per position.

at a guess would it be: Sweeper keeper, full backs with the ability to attack, all round centerbacks, a defensive midfielder, 2 box to box midfielders, 2 wingers, and a complete forward?

The DMC should be like a DLP really, other than that, correct :)

What wingers have performed really well for you in the Rock Classic formation? Also what DM's have shined. I`m approaching January and those two positions are really under performing for me sadly so I`m looking upgrade.

I`m in my third season with Leyton Orient and I'm in the premier league, also due to winning the cup last season i`m also in europe so I can attract some half-decent players!

defensive wingers buttner is amazing so is perruzi for my wingers dm just get a good play maker for dm

What wingers have performed really well for you in the Rock Classic formation? Also what DM's have shined. I`m approaching January and those two positions are really under performing for me sadly so I`m looking upgrade.

I`m in my third season with Leyton Orient and I'm in the premier league, also due to winning the cup last season i`m also in europe so I can attract some half-decent players!

Tom Ince and Matt Phillips from Blackpool are both great wingers for the Rock Classic.

Really quick is it better to have opposite feet on the wings or the same feet for the Rock Classic. Example is it better to have a lefty on the left side or a righty on the left side

left on left i would say as they put crosses in to the forward and the cms coming in late

You know you say sometimes drop the wing backs to full back positions. How does it effect the tactic overall?

First season? Or what u mean? Just follow the recommendations at the front page. 2-5-3 Angels V2 for top team etc..

I know there is alot to read guys but I highly recommend reading as much of this thread as possible.

If you follow Mr Langvatn's instructions to the letter you can produce some really good results!

Im switching game by game if needed and achieving some great things with Feyernoord at the minute. Took over and they were down in 11th, in a matter of months and only 1 defeat later we are joint 4th and closing in on 3rd.

Im excited to see what happens in the summer when the transfer window opens and I can leave my mark on the side as ive been pretty fixed in what I can play at the minute due to the players I was left with. Been switching regularly between Queens Gambit (most used) & Silician Defence for tougher away european games or away to Ajax etc.

I certainly need to increase the size of my squad as with the training & amount of games we have to play i've got some reaaaaaally tired players.

Could do with clearing up the opening page maybe for new readers of the page. May save people (like myself asking questions that have been asked 100 times).

Keep up the fantastic tests Mr.L :D