Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Mr L

I notice on your screens of your bayern save using 253 v2 that you have your wingbacks on individual training as fullbacks .

I like the 253 v2 but im leaking too much goals with my new liverpool save which i am in january .

Could this be my problem as i have enrique skrtel agger johnson which is decent .

I was training gerrard / allen / shelvey / henderson to dmc as i have no money to replace them but you have the individual training on central midfielder.

Any other ideas why i concede so much

Cheers Gulp

Last edited:
Hey, guys!
have 3 questions for u

1) how's sicilian defence doing in big but ruined teams? :) got promotion to Chelsea (3rd season). The group of attack there is perfect, but the defence is horrible. Is this tactict could help on putting emphasis on defence?
2) How many games do player need to get used to Mr L tactics (iluding friendlies)?
3) Fernando torres and Aubaumeyang. Is there any chance to get profit of them in Mr L tactics or better drop them off?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
You know you say sometimes drop the wing backs to full back positions. How does it effect the tactic overall?

It becomes a tad stronger defensively, but also a tad weaker offensively.

I know there is alot to read guys but I highly recommend reading as much of this thread as possible.

If you follow Mr Langvatn's instructions to the letter you can produce some really good results!

Im switching game by game if needed and achieving some great things with Feyernoord at the minute. Took over and they were down in 11th, in a matter of months and only 1 defeat later we are joint 4th and closing in on 3rd.

Im excited to see what happens in the summer when the transfer window opens and I can leave my mark on the side as ive been pretty fixed in what I can play at the minute due to the players I was left with. Been switching regularly between Queens Gambit (most used) & Silician Defence for tougher away european games or away to Ajax etc.

I certainly need to increase the size of my squad as with the training & amount of games we have to play i've got some reaaaaaally tired players.

Could do with clearing up the opening page maybe for new readers of the page. May save people (like myself asking questions that have been asked 100 times).

Keep up the fantastic tests Mr.L :D

Will have a good clean-up soon :)

Mr L

I notice on your screens of your bayern save using 253 v2 that you have your wingbacks on individual training as fullbacks .

I like the 253 v2 but im leaking too much goals with my new liverpool save which i am in january .

Could this be my problem as i have enrique skrtel agger johnson which is decent .

I was training gerrard / allen / shelvey / henderson to dmc as i have no money to replace them but you have the individual training on central midfielder.

Any other ideas why i concede so much

Cheers Gulp

Buying Sandro from Tottenham certainly helps. But what place are you in? Have you bought any players? What training do you use? And remember never to play any players with under 92% condition! (Most important of all).

Mr.L does your rule for playing only players above 92% condition apply to all your tactics.

Ive been forced sometimes to play a few key players at around 87-89% simply because since I took over the transfer windows been shut and ive had nobody else I could play. Results have kept coming.

My best season in FM13 60 percent game play with my own tactic and 40 percent with your 2-5-3 v2. I must say love attacking movements with your tactic :)

View attachment 375756

Mr.L does your rule for playing only players above 92% condition apply to all your tactics.

Ive been forced sometimes to play a few key players at around 87-89% simply because since I took over the transfer windows been shut and ive had nobody else I could play. Results have kept coming.

In my opinion, the rule ALWAYS applies. I'd rather lose the national cups on purpose, to keep the players fit for the league games. When I have a thicker squad, I can focus more cups again.

What tactic should i use with KV Mechelen in the belgium first division?

Mr L, could you help me a bit with the post #4222, plz?
sorry for being annoying a bit, but don't wanna to spoil the whole career after promo from Histon (took them rom 6 to 3 division)))

Hey, guys!
have 3 questions for u

1) how's sicilian defence doing in big but ruined teams? :) got promotion to Chelsea (3rd season). The group of attack there is perfect, but the defence is horrible. Is this tactict could help on putting emphasis on defence?
2) How many games do player need to get used to Mr L tactics (iluding friendlies)?
3) Fernando torres and Aubaumeyang. Is there any chance to get profit of them in Mr L tactics or better drop them off?

thanks in advance

Sicilian Defense works decent with big teams, however, the 2-5-3 angels v2 and the 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic are defo better. It's easier getting all kind of strikers to perform in the 2-5-3 angels v2. Get as many friendly's as you can. This will differ from league to league, and if it's not your first season, pick a longer pre-season and let some players have extended vacation. Can't answer you exactly how many games, because this is determined by how strong ur opposition is. If you play against big teams in pre-season, they will learn the tactic faster, but morale may go down if you lose. So maybe vary between big and small opposition.

striker problems

where can i get your new update for degeneration x?got one version doing well but my striker hardly ever scores!!

where can i get your new update for degeneration x?got one version doing well but my striker hardly ever scores!!

The AMC is supposed to be the goalgetter in that tactic. The striker plays more of a support role.

Hi, Im using Queen tactic with my liverpool side, and im suffering from corners, from the last 50 goals conceded 28 were from corners.
My defenders are: Enrique - Skrtel - Coates - Peruzzi.
There is anyway to improve the defending corners?

Thanks

Hi, Im using Queen tactic with my liverpool side, and im suffering from corners, from the last 50 goals conceded 28 were from corners.
My defenders are: Enrique - Skrtel - Coates - Peruzzi.
There is anyway to improve the defending corners?

Thanks

Probably, but it's really hard to test it. Like I've gone a whole season conceding under 5 goals from corners, and some times it's high. It's completely random I think. Even if I test through a whole season, the same savegame, I can concede 2 or 20 goals. If you want, you can try to change it. I would love feedback on it, but a lot of testing would be required to make it trustworthy.

Probably, but it's really hard to test it. Like I've gone a whole season conceding under 5 goals from corners, and some times it's high. It's completely random I think. Even if I test through a whole season, the same savegame, I can concede 2 or 20 goals. If you want, you can try to change it. I would love feedback on it, but a lot of testing would be required to make it trustworthy.

Yes I guess its totally random, since in my second season I won champions league/FA/Capital without problem, and in my third im suffering a lot from corners. Thanks
Great tactic btw, Liverpool doing the trebble with almost no transfer? That's some accomplishment :D

if he signed 17 players then surely he needs teamwork match prep on high until his assistant report says the players have developed a good understanding.

in my Wrexham save my assistant says that my current players would be willing to die for each other lol

where can you find this out?