Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

For you Liverpool fans out there! One screenshot is from the first season (no transfers). The other screenshot is from the second season, with Falcao as the only signing.

This is what the 4-2-3-1 Deep Purple can do :D

Experimented with match preps for the new tactic, and defensive positioning is by far the best one (unless your team gel level is low, then you go team cohesion)

Hi Mr Langvatn, when you say match prep defensive positioning, is this just match training or should we have defending on general training as well? Also what % of scheduling should we give to match training and for general training what type of intensity do you tend to use?

Hey Mr Langvatn, do you think that increasing the player's creative freedom will be detrimental to the tactic? I like to give my players more freedom, especially when I have a very good and technical team.

Hi Mr Langvatn, when you say match prep defensive positioning, is this just match training or should we have defending on general training as well? Also what % of scheduling should we give to match training and for general training what type of intensity do you tend to use?

defensive positioning is a MATCH PREPARATION, while for TRAINING I go with tactics on very high, then 50% focus on match preparation (the bar all the way to the left). Then I set all players to train individual roles at HEAVY.

Thanks. Trying it out at the moment with my West Ham team and the amount of CCCs it creates are unbelievable! I will start a proper game with it and report back

Thanks. Trying it out at the moment with my West Ham team and the amount of CCCs it creates are unbelievable! I will start a proper game with it and report back

I know, offensively it is absolutely immense, even when you are the underdog.

Should I assume that individual training is like your other popular tactics i.e.DM box to box if tackling and marking are above 10 etc. What do you train the AMC as? And AML/R winger or inside forward?

Should I assume that individual training is like your other popular tactics i.e.DM box to box if tackling and marking are above 10 etc. What do you train the AMC as? And AML/R winger or inside forward?

AMC as trequartista, AML/AMR as wingers. Rest like you said :)

I will try this new tactic for sure...but now im improving other tactic.

GUYS any reports - Have you tried this?

694127d1413453948-mr-langvatns-tactic-thread-updated-13-3-3-liga-bbva_-overview-stages-8.png

First of all great tactic - I'm really enjoying playing with this - the play on the field is beautiful and attacking most often. I'm a little surprised how well my defence is coping with this tactic and I can honestly say that in all my seasons I haven't been playing with such efficiency in defence - So a big thumbs up from me when we are talking defence. I know Langvatn said this is a tactic where you probably will conceede a fair amount of goals and score a huge amount in the process so for me to keep it clean in the league is fantastic. I can also say that more often than not my team looks like they won't conceede so that's brilliant.

Attack wise I'm clearly not scoring the amount of goals that I you could exspect from a team of my calibre, but their can be many factors to this and I'm very certain that their is some factors playing with my head on this one. I use my retrained poachers on the wing positions 1 of them has 7 in crossing that's ofcause unacceptable to this tactic and I should change this or do what Langvatn recommended me for this situation. On the right hand side I got a attacking midfielder that I wanted to retrain for that position because he got incredible attributes for this **** he could play as a goalie if he wanted to :) . He's not yet comfortable with the position but performs on a high level anyway, I have seen him make 5 assists in one match as he is also the corner kick taker.

I'm gonna try some new stuff for the left wing where i have the crossing problems and see if i can solve it, but crossing is really king for the wings in this tactic so note that to yourself. My left winger with 7 in crossing do score a fair amount though, but it will probably end up with him as an alternative for the striker position or he will get sold. I got to many alternatives :)

Also I don't use Team cohesion in general training as I normally do so I don't know if this would have an effect on my performances it could have it very well could have I would say. I use tactic to improve mental skills because I got "extremely strong understanding" early on. I know team cohesion effects the morale, but whether it effects the play on the pitch as such I don't have proof for. Match training I use Defensive positioning.

I will also say I rest the players straight after each match according to how much condition they got left this is my framework for that. + in the training section rest after match is ticked as well. Yes players develop great anyway!

79-83=1 rest day
74-78=2 rest days
70-73=3 rest days
69 or under=1 week

I really hope you guys will report back because its interesting to see what you will get out of it and what your overall experience is with it.

Mr. Langvatn is not a reputable member for nothing, he really does have a specific talent towards FM13 - He "thinks outside the box" and he test things that others don't simple as that. FM13 is a game - its not real soccer and their for to make something work you have to think of it as a game like Mr. Langvatn does. He does have some incredible theories but backs it up with proof every time. He don't release bad stuff and to be honest I wish FM13 had just been released so he could get a huge amount of credit for this new tactic because I think their is many who would love this one. I even think this tactic is so good that the creators might have to make a new patch to make it inefficient :) - "Not gonna happen" :)

Mr. Langvatn I love your theories and your energy/enthusiasm towards fm13 and probably life in general as well :)
I think alot of tactics could be improved with your knowledge. I believe its very inspiring and very funny how you find out what works and what doesn't work. Its not all logic that's for sure - but its solid!!!! - It works!!!

I will keep updating with screenshots and I will probably try different things out specifically with training to see if it enhances my performances, but I think I will keep this season as it is with no changes to get a whole picture at the end so it will be easier to analyze. Next season I might change it up and go for lets say Team cohesion to see what happens then. No matter what Its gonna be glorious, but guys get yourself some good wingers that can cross you will benefit from that. This tactic is for any team I reckon and I'm sure you guys would be able to make the most incredible screenshots if you try this.

Cheers guys

Last edited:
Going to give this tactic a go, been using for Jes' tactic for the last season which won me the league, i love trying new tactics and analyzing different ideas and philosophies, i'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just tried this tactic in 2018 with QPR, not a terrible team am I bought players in for the tactic.. Would have to say it is not an underdog tactic, or at least an underdog one that I would call.. Is a good tactic as far as I can see, but a top 6 to 8 team in the league tactic, they would prosper with this tactic. A team who is 16th media prediction as QPR were is not a good tactic for those types of team. Screenshot before I sort of gave up on this tactic.

View attachment 333943

Last edited:
I am using this tactic with my FC Barcelona team,

Since I plugged in this tactic I have been unbeatable.

1 thing I am doing different though is that I am using Opposition Instructions. I instruct my players to close down the MC's of the opposition and put them to their weaker foot if they have one. Playing it this way has made my Barcelona unbeatable so far. Besides that my team scores loads of goals. I will try to see if I can put a screen up with my results so far later today.

Just tried this tactic in 2018 with QPR, not a terrible team am I bought players in for the tactic.. Would have to say it is not an underdog tactic, or at least an underdog one that I would call.. Is a good tactic as far as I can see, but a top 6 to 8 team in the league tactic, they would prosper with this tactic. A team who is 16th media prediction as QPR were is not a good tactic for those types of team. Screenshot before I sort of gave up on this tactic.

View attachment 694196

I agree that it's not an underdog tactic, but there are other reasons why you have 0-5-4 than the tactic. If you bought in new players for the tactic, and using them in your starting eleven right away, your team gel level is probably low, and this plays a major role in the results. This would then lead to bad morale, and in total it is hard to get off this track. The tactic should perform decently for underdog teams, but of course not like the rock classic or the tripletweaks, as those are made purely FOR underdogs and mid-table teams. This new one is the first one I've made that's made FOR sub-top and top teams :) Won the Premier League very easily the first four years with Liverpool, and now I'm just coasting by everything, CL final every year, winning the league by very many points, etc.

Just to make sure, you're testing the 4-2-3-1 right? Not the 4-2-4?

Edit:

I have now started a game with QPR. Going well. Will finish the season and post results.

Edit 2: I have now finished the season. You can see the league table as an attachment. 3rd place with QPR first season, no transfers, no man management. Done in under one hour. So I was wrong too, when I stated that it wasn't an underdog tactic. Cause 3rd place with this team proves that it works extremely well for underdogs. I even beat Chelsea (2-1) and Arsenal (3-0) away :)

The way I tested:

Assistant manager picked line-up
Assistant manager team talks
Holiday between every match
No transfers
Team Cohesion training and Teamwork match preparation
Tactic fluid before first league match (See guides how to do this if you don't know)

Also keep in mind that it's possible to do it much better than I did, cause I rushed through the whole season in one hour. Absolute no player management whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hey mr L

could you post ss of the fixture list with Qpr

Could you make a TC version of your new tactic

Will you keeping going with your Qprwould save

thanks

I'm going back to FM13 for the next few weeks. Is there a good transfer update to get me up to date with current teams?? Thanks in advance