Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Hey mr L

could you post ss of the fixture list with Qpr

Could you make a TC version of your new tactic

Will you keeping going with your Qprwould save

thanks

Hey!

I can make a TC version, but it will take some time, and I don't have time for that today. Perhaps I get a chance to do it tomorrow, but no promises. I will not continue the QPR save, as it was only a test to see if it works as an underdog.

Screenshot of fixture list (cup matches and friendly matches are holidayed through, so the tactic wasn't used in these) :

Last edited:
Thanks Mr L. I tried to get along with FM14. Everyone says it's now the right way to play but I just felt like it never reached the heights of FM13. Lets hope FM15 gets that back

Thanks Mr L. I tried to get along with FM14. Everyone says it's now the right way to play but I just felt like it never reached the heights of FM13. Lets hope FM15 gets that back

Welcome back quickzombie - just to clarify their is only one way to play and that is in your own way - that people state something else is just a bunch of BS. Theirs Always someone who wanna dictate don't listen to them just enjoy what you like in the end that's probably what everyone like.

An update from the deep deep deep purple
694406d1413602007-mr-langvatns-tactic-thread-updated-13-3-3-liga-bbva_-overview-stages-10.png

Cheers mates

Last edited:
TC

Here it is in TC. However, the roles and the different team settings might do something to the tactic's effectiveness. You will just have to try it and see how it's working. I cannot guarantee that it works the same way as the original tactic, cause it's a different system.

New tactic.......wow. A bad day is a 3-0 win. I now aggressive not good enough team talk just for the opponent getting near the goal more than twice in a game

I'm now thinking why I stuck with fm14 as long as I did. Fm13 is so much better I'd forgotten

A quickish update on my previous screenshot and comments. I wasn't saying the tactic was not good it is.. Just felt that it was not a big underdog tactic. I am using the 4-2-3-1..... I knew the start of season would not be great and morale would do down... So I went back to the save this morning and played 5 league matches.. This was not what I expected!

View attachment 333839

A quickish update on my previous screenshot and comments. I wasn't saying the tactic was not good it is.. Just felt that it was not a big underdog tactic. I am using the 4-2-3-1..... I knew the start of season would not be great and morale would do down... So I went back to the save this morning and played 5 league matches.. This was not what I expected!

View attachment 694416

Wow, those results are really great! :)

The Filter For Most Tactics

All Players Key Attributes - Decent 12 - Exellent 16+:
Strenght - Stamina - Workrate - Decisions - Acceleration (Pace 10+ - But not important)

Central Defenders 14+:
Tackling - Marking - Positioning - Concentration - Composure - Anticipation - Jumping - Strenght - Heading - Acceleration - Decisions - Bravery - Aggression - Teamwork (Training: Central Defender schedule & Sweeper Schedule)

Great PPM'S:
Simple passes - Tight Marking - Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble - Does Not Dive Into Tackles - Shot With Power (Corners)

FullBacks/Wingbacks 14+:
Tackling - Marking - Workrate - Acceleration - Pace - Stamina - Positioning - Crossing - Decisions - Concentration - Anticipation - Strenght (Training: Wingback schedule - Defensive winger schedule - Fullback schedule)Great PPM'S:
RWB Down L/R - Get Forward Whenever Possible - Tight Marking - Knock Ball Past Opponent - Avoid using weak foot -
Likes to switch ball to other flank - Tries to play way out of trouble - Curl ball - Arrives late in oppositions area -
does not dive into tackles - looks for pass rather than attempting to score - shot with power

DMC/Box To Box Midfielders 14+:
Strenght - Stamina - Workrate
- Acceleration - positioning - Tackling - Marking - Positioning - Decisions - Jumping - Anticipation - Concentration - Composure - Technique - Finishing - Teamwork
(Training: Defensive midfielder schedule - Box To Box Schedule)

Great PPM'S:
Tight Marking - Tries to play way out of trouble - one two's - killer balls - Shot with power -
Look for pass rather than attempting to score - Arrives late in opposition area - Dive into tackles -
Tries long range passes (If creative)

Trequartista/Attacking Midfielder 14+:
Passing - Creativity - Decisions - Composure - Anticipation - Finishing - First touch - Technique - Acceleration - Strenght - Flair - Offball - Teamwork - First touch(Training: Trequartista schedule - Attacking midfielder schedule)

Great PPM'S:
Killer balls - RWB Centre - Place shots - One two's - Dictate tempo - Knock ball past opponent - Tries first time shots -
Curls ball

Wingers/Inside Forwards 14+:
Acceleration - Pace - Crossing - Offball - Decisions - Dribbling - Technique - First touch - Flair - Stamina - Finishing - (Composure - Anticipation) (Training: Winger schedule - Poacher schedule)

Great PPM'S:
RWB L/R - Get FW whenever possible - Place Shots - Knock ball past opponent - Likes to switch ball to the other side -
Likes to round keeper - Curl ball
(Training:

Striker/Complete forward 14+:
Finishing - Offball - Strenght - Composure - Anticipation - Acceleration - Pace 12+ - First touch - Jumping - Heading
(Training: Complete forward schedule - Targetman schedule)

Great PPM'S:
RWB through centre - Place shots - Move into channels - Beat offside trap - Round keeper - Knock ball past opponent -
Tries first time shots - Curl ball

Guys I have used lots of hours putting this together and I know it works. PPM's is not needed, but if you train your players it can never hurt, its how I would do it. Like the post if you find this useful. Feel free to add your opinion!. Sorry about the attached image I don't know how to get rid of it.

Cheers

Last edited:
The Filter For Most Tactics

All Players Key Attributes - Decent 12 - Exellent 16+:
Strenght - Stamina - Workrate - Decisions - Acceleration (Pace 10+ - But not important)

Central Defenders 14+:
Tackling - Marking - Positioning - Concentration - Composure - Anticipation - Jumping - Strenght - Heading - Acceleration - Decisions - Bravery - Aggression - Teamwork (Training: Central Defender schedule & Sweeper Schedule)

Great PPM'S:
Simple passes - Tight Marking - Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble - Does Not Dive Into Tackles - Shot With Power (Corners)

FullBacks/Wingbacks 14+:
Tackling - Marking - Workrate - Acceleration - Pace - Stamina - Positioning - Crossing - Decisions - Concentration - Anticipation - Strenght (Training: Wingback schedule - Defensive winger schedule - Fullback schedule)Great PPM'S:
RWB Down L/R - Get Forward Whenever Possible - Tight Marking - Knock Ball Past Opponent - Avoid using weak foot -
Likes to switch ball to other flank - Tries to play way out of trouble - Curl ball - Arrives late in oppositions area -
does not dive into tackles - looks for pass rather than attempting to score - shot with power

DMC/Box To Box Midfielders 14+:
Strenght - Stamina - Workrate
- Acceleration - positioning - Tackling - Marking - Positioning - Decisions - Jumping - Anticipation - Concentration - Composure - Technique - Finishing - Teamwork
(Training: Defensive midfielder schedule - Box To Box Schedule)

Great PPM'S:
Tight Marking - Tries to play way out of trouble - one two's - killer balls - Shot with power -
Look for pass rather than attempting to score - Arrives late in opposition area - Dive into tackles -
Tries long range passes (If creative)

Trequartista/Attacking Midfielder 14+:
Passing - Creativity - Decisions - Composure - Anticipation - Finishing - First touch - Technique - Acceleration - Strenght - Flair - Offball - Teamwork - First touch(Training: Trequartista schedule - Attacking midfielder schedule)

Great PPM'S:
Killer balls - RWB Centre - Place shots - One two's - Dictate tempo - Knock ball past opponent - Tries first time shots -
Curls ball

Wingers/Inside Forwards 14+:
Acceleration - Pace - Crossing - Offball - Decisions - Dribbling - Technique - First touch - Flair - Stamina - Finishing - (Composure - Anticipation) (Training: Winger schedule - Poacher schedule)

Great PPM'S:
RWB L/R - Get FW whenever possible - Place Shots - Knock ball past opponent - Likes to switch ball to the other side -
Likes to round keeper - Curl ball
(Training:

Striker/Complete forward 14+:
Finishing - Offball - Strenght - Composure - Anticipation - Acceleration - Pace 12+ - First touch - Jumping - Heading
(Training: Complete forward schedule - Targetman schedule)

Great PPM'S:
RWB through centre - Place shots - Move into channels - Beat offside trap - Round keeper - Knock ball past opponent -
Tries first time shots - Curl ball

Guys I have used lots of hours putting this together and I know it works. PPM's is not needed, but if you train your players it can never hurt, its how I would do it. Like the post if you find this useful. Feel free to add your opinion!. Sorry about the attached image I don't know how to get rid of it.

Cheers

This is a very informative post, and looks accurate enough as a general template. For some tactics, certain stats are totally useless though, as for example creative freedom in the 4-2-3-1 Deep Purple (except the AMC which should have as close to 20 as possible). Also, you should add concentration as a very important stat to central defenders I think. Anyway, great list without a doubt :)

I like the way the Deep Purple tactic looks, mainly attacking wise but defending is also pretty good. Nice interchanging and passing style. Would look better for me if my players were better. However, like all tactics if you get a 5-0 plus beating from say Man City away, like I just have today then the morale does go down and it impacts on the next few games. Games that you feel you should win. Overall is a good tactic and one where an underdog can do well with. Winning EPL as one in 1st​ season unlikely to me, but am sure someone can prove me wrong! Finished the QPR season and for me was a successful one considering I lost all my strikers in January and had to buy one. Screenshot of, league table.

View attachment 333742

Sorry quick clarification, lost all strikers at club through injury. Including all in youth team too!