Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Really nice :) Glad the 4-2-3-1 is working properly too :)

Classic tactics can be tweaked A LOT more than the wizard ones. So there is a reason the best ones are classic :) Gives the creator much more freedom.

i never payed to much attention to the classic mode. i played fm since2010 version and always used the creator and give it an individual touch. i ignored the "classic mode" feature for 3years and was quiet suprised, that i couldnt give it to much of spin when i loaded your file.
however im blood new to fm2013 doesnt even know where any feature is linked in. so i've to spent lots more time to get into it (and in special the classic tactics), however it really worked out.

ill load some screens when back from work.

i never payed to much attention to the classic mode. i played fm since2010 version and always used the creator and give it an individual touch. i ignored the "classic mode" feature for 3years and was quiet suprised, that i couldnt give it to much of spin when i loaded your file.
however im blood new to fm2013 doesnt even know where any feature is linked in. so i've to spent lots more time to get into it (and in special the classic tactics), however it really worked out.

ill load some screens when back from work.

Classic tactics have always had more potential imo :)

Very impressed with the 442, yet another good tactic by your good self. Been using it with Rotherham, seems to be working for the lower league sides. Beat Port Vale 4-0 and then this beauty!

View attachment 342532

Very impressed with the 442, yet another good tactic by your good self. Been using it with Rotherham, seems to be working for the lower league sides. Beat Port Vale 4-0 and then this beauty!

View attachment 342532

Nice! Haven't had lower leagues in mind when making the tactic, but nice to know it's working there as well :) Thanks for posting!

We can have some player filters or we don't need them?thanks!i will give a try with bvb your 4-2-3-1 tac.

best tactic i have try! :)
442 classic

Last edited:
Why dont you do your own team talks? I think they have a MASSIVE difference to the success of any tactic. Also im using the 442classic and i dominate from the off then i get a goal then the tables turn the opposition peg me back immediatly near enough every game then continue to dominate, i either draw or scrape a win.

Why dont you do your own team talks? I think they have a MASSIVE difference to the success of any tactic. Also im using the 442classic and i dominate from the off then i get a goal then the tables turn the opposition peg me back immediatly near enough every game then continue to dominate, i either draw or scrape a win.

I don't do teamtalks because I'm lazy :p And to make the tactics useful to everybody, it's better not to specialize too much!
Hence, I specialize in "plug and play" :)

Last edited:
Langvatn, how did your Liverpool side do in the League Cup & FA Cup in your first season?

I see you won the Premier League and Europa League, but curious to see how you did in the other two competitions? Thanks.

Hi,

I am in the premiership with Middlesbrough and have built up a strong squad. I start matches home and away with the 5-2-3 gung ho classic tactic but I concede far too many goals and never have a clean sheet. I don't have a problem scoring but the opposition seen to always outscore me. I concede 2 or 3 goals per game on average. I change to either 5-2-2-1 or the 4-2-3-1 tactic during a game to try and gain more players in midfield but they seem equally as leaky at the back. I need to tighten up at the back but not loose the offensive side to these gung ho tactics. What am I doing wrong as everybody else seems to be doing well with these set of tactics? Somebody please advise.