Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Langvatn, how did your Liverpool side do in the League Cup & FA Cup in your first season?

I see you won the Premier League and Europa League, but curious to see how you did in the other two competitions? Thanks.

I didn't play for real in national cups. Just sent in my u18 team. No money in those cups, not worth using my A-squad for. Better to rest them for important matches.

Hi,

I am in the premiership with Middlesbrough and have built up a strong squad. I start matches home and away with the 5-2-3 gung ho classic tactic but I concede far too many goals and never have a clean sheet. I don't have a problem scoring but the opposition seen to always outscore me. I concede 2 or 3 goals per game on average. I change to either 5-2-2-1 or the 4-2-3-1 tactic during a game to try and gain more players in midfield but they seem equally as leaky at the back. I need to tighten up at the back but not loose the offensive side to these gung ho tactics. What am I doing wrong as everybody else seems to be doing well with these set of tactics? Somebody please advise.

Thanks for testing those formations, as those are pretty much untested. If you want a proven tactic, use the 4-4-2 Gung Ho Classic Edition.

Feeling sorry for the other Premier League teams atm :) And my squad is young with average 2-3 stars:)

Last edited:
iv been playing fmc for a while but might play normal again, is there a ton of difference between the fmc 442 and the 442 classic? last result, if only in real life, and are you playing lewa in the treq role?

iv been playing fmc for a while but might play normal again, is there a ton of difference between the fmc 442 and the 442 classic? last result, if only in real life, and are you playing lewa in the treq role?

It's quite different from the 4-4-2 normal version yeah. And no, I play him as the left striker, or the "poacher role". But there aren't any roles in classic. That's the beauty of it :) So it doesn't quite work that way. I recommend playing normal yeah :)

Decided im going to try your 4-4-2 with a mid table BPL team. Who should i be? I also want it to be a long term save.

It's quite different from the 4-4-2 normal version yeah. And no, I play him as the left striker, or the "poacher role". But there aren't any roles in classic. That's the beauty of it :) So it doesn't quite work that way. I recommend playing normal yeah :)

ok will do, thank you :)

Decided im going to try your 4-4-2 with a mid table BPL team. Who should i be? I also want it to be a long term save.

Not really sure :) People have tested with Everton and Tottenham successfully at least. I use Liverpool myself. Works very good with them too.

loving your work so far do you think you could make a 442 with a amr and a aml?

loving your work so far do you think you could make a 442 with a amr and a aml?

That won't be as stable though, but you can try just moving the ML and MR to AML and AMR. Should be more goals both ways then:p

could u provide a screenshot of your players in the tactic screen??

The roles are pretty much like this:

GK Defend
CD Defend
Fullback Attack
Central Midfielder Defend
Central Midfielder Attack
WM Attack
DLF Support
Adv. Forward

could u provide a screenshot of your players in the tactic screen??

All information about the first season is at the front screen. I don't have access to any more information about the first season. I am happy to answer any questions you might have about starting line up etc.

The roles are pretty much like this:

GK Defend
CD Defend
Fullback Attack
Central Midfielder Defend
Central Midfielder Attack
WM Attack
DLF Support
Adv. Forward

Agreed, those would be the closest ones.

Started using this tactic with my City side in 2025. Only joined 3 years ago and won every trophy except Premier League. Started off season bad, lost two games in like 6 games so decided to switch to this. Won 4 on bounce ATM, including the defending champions Manchester United away 3-2! And I have never beaten them at Old Trafford. Great tactic, just what am looking for!