Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

none yet just about to end my first season is there any you would like me to try?

Just try one that fits your team :) If you want the best results, u should go with the 4-4-2 classic edition, but if ur in for the testing purpose, some feedback on any of the other formations would be nice.

Just try one that fits your team :) If you want the best results, u should go with the 4-4-2 classic edition, but if ur in for the testing purpose, some feedback on any of the other formations would be nice.

ok i will go with the 442 for home and test the 433 and the 5221

Im having great results so far using the 5-2-3 tactic, 1st season with Southampton sitting 2nd level on points with Man Utd after 12 games. Jack Cork is playing brilliantly as the attacking cm, i will post pictures up when get to January, finally a tactic that makes me want to play the game again!

Hey bud , am testing the 4-4-2 normal version , am currently into early testing and I can see it's basically heavily based around the modern warfare tactic with a large amount of tweaks which are proving to be extremely effective.

B13B240F6DE4B2E5501026672685223BFAEA175A

20094177247B1BF634984412F09057636401AB57

Im having great results so far using the 5-2-3 tactic, 1st season with Southampton sitting 2nd level on points with Man Utd after 12 games. Jack Cork is playing brilliantly as the attacking cm, i will post pictures up when get to January, finally a tactic that makes me want to play the game again!

Wow, that is awesome :) I haven't tried that one myself much, maybe I should give it a real try myself then :)

Hey bud , am testing the 4-4-2 normal version , am currently into early testing and I can see it's basically heavily based around the modern warfare tactic with a large amount of tweaks which are proving to be extremely effective.

B13B240F6DE4B2E5501026672685223BFAEA175A

20094177247B1BF634984412F09057636401AB57

Hmm, I haven't used any tactic as base for my tactic... I haven't even tried Modern Warfare. But I agree that this 4-4-2 is a strong tactic. But the normal version I made is just a lesser quality tactic than the classic version. I just uploaded a normal version for FMC players. But the classic is way better. I am currently working on further tweaking of it too. Will wait a while before I release v2 of the 4-4-2 Gung Ho Classic Edition. Atm I'm experimenting with Mr Hough's Nike Defence from FM10. Looks promising.

Last edited:
Hmm, I haven't used any tactic as base for my tactic... I haven't even tried Modern Warfare. But I agree that this 4-4-2 is a strong tactic. But the normal version I made is just a lesser quality tactic than the classic version. I just uploaded a normal version for FMC players. But the classic is way better. I am currently working on further tweaking of it too. Will wait a while before I release v2 of the 4-4-2 Gung Ho Classic Edition. Atm I'm experimenting with Mr Hough's Nike Defence from FM10. Looks promising.

Must be a coincidence that every TI is exactly the same then , my results have slumped terribly.

Must be a coincidence that every TI is exactly the same then , my results have slumped terribly.

Must be. I have looked at a lot of other tactics though, to get a sense of what 13.3.3 is like. But haven't checked out Modern Warfare, so that's strange yeah :p Anyway, like I said, the normal version isn't really a tactic I recommend if you're not going FMC. It's a decent tactic, but the classic ones are so much better. Especially the 4-4-2 classic.

Tried the 5-2-3 for five games on my save now. It scores less than the 4-4-2, but I haven't conceded any goals so far with it. Will keep testing for the rest of the season :)
This would be good for my Nancy since i have trouble with the 4-4-2 in those last minutes of games and concede goals

This would be good for my Nancy since i have trouble with the 4-4-2 in those last minutes of games and concede goals

I just need to test the Nike Defense for a whole season before I can upload it. Don't want others to have problems because of me :)
If you wanna help me test it, lemme know.

Edit: I thought you were talking about my upcoming v2 :p But yeah, you can try the 5-2-3, should be more stable in the back :)

Last edited:
i just managed to get the 4-2-3-1 with dortmund for great success.
at mid of the season i lost contact to the top of the league (bayern and bayer) and i was close to lose by C/L Round of 16 vs juve. as i switched to the 4-2-3-1 (i was running my personal 4-2-3-1 before which was thought basicly the same like Langvatn's 4231) and won 3:0 at home vs juve.
i beat Real Madrid in the quaderfinals and ManCity in Semifinal, just to beat Arsenal 3:0 so i won the champions league with the 4-2-3-1 classic, with easy.
at the end of the season i even won the league. last match vs bayern - at home. bayern was ahead in the ladder by goals. we had draw in points, so it was another grand final

i train balance and do offensive for match preperation most time. vs stronger teams i do defensive or def set pieces.

great success with the tactics, just a bit sad, that a classic tactics works much better then any adjustments, shouts etc during the matches :x

Me too, with Dortmund and Southampton the 4-2-3-1 has been HUGE.
C1 with Dortmund first season & 6th in EPL with Southampton first season too.

Good job Mr Langvatn ! A proper 4-2-3-1 !

i just managed to get the 4-2-3-1 with dortmund for great success.
at mid of the season i lost contact to the top of the league (bayern and bayer) and i was close to lose by C/L Round of 16 vs juve. as i switched to the 4-2-3-1 (i was running my personal 4-2-3-1 before which was thought basicly the same like Langvatn's 4231) and won 3:0 at home vs juve.
i beat Real Madrid in the quaderfinals and ManCity in Semifinal, just to beat Arsenal 3:0 so i won the champions league with the 4-2-3-1 classic, with easy.
at the end of the season i even won the league. last match vs bayern - at home. bayern was ahead in the ladder by goals. we had draw in points, so it was another grand final

i train balance and do offensive for match preperation most time. vs stronger teams i do defensive or def set pieces.

great success with the tactics, just a bit sad, that a classic tactics works much better then any adjustments, shouts etc during the matches :x

Really nice :) Glad the 4-2-3-1 is working properly too :)

Classic tactics can be tweaked A LOT more than the wizard ones. So there is a reason the best ones are classic :) Gives the creator much more freedom.

Last edited:
Me too, with Dortmund and Southampton the 4-2-3-1 has been HUGE.
C1 with Dortmund first season & 6th in EPL with Southampton first season too.

Good job Mr Langvatn ! A proper 4-2-3-1 !

Thanks for posting :) Good to know it's working :)