Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

View attachment 383271
Finished testing 4-5-1 Tripletweaked, Crewe first season in EPL, media pred. 20th

So almost same players, same 3rd season , tested 4 tactic
3-6-1 sic def 7th place
3-3-3-1 nezza 4th place
2-7-1 sic mix 9th place
4-5-1 TTw 2th place

During test i keep all players happy, all tactics 100% fluid, match prep def. ***.man talking, and no shouts

4-5-1 tripletweaked is awesome :D

Trying the 4-5-1 Tripletweaked tactic with River Plate (Argentina) and done well in the first season coming first although was wondering what type of players suit which roles? I noticed the wingers seem to spend most of the time closing down doing defensive duties while the DM's are often in and around the opposition penality area. Is it best to have defensive wingers and re-train attacking midfielders to DM position for the DM roles? Not sure if there is a player filters page for this tactic, apologies in advance if there is... a lot of pages to go through! Excellent tactic.

Trying the 4-5-1 Tripletweaked tactic with River Plate (Argentina) and done well in the first season coming first although was wondering what type of players suit which roles? I noticed the wingers seem to spend most of the time closing down doing defensive duties while the DM's are often in and around the opposition penality area. Is it best to have defensive wingers and re-train attacking midfielders to DM position for the DM roles? Not sure if there is a player filters page for this tactic, apologies in advance if there is... a lot of pages to go through! Excellent tactic.
Well, what i was looking for
ST - flair and Str
MC and DM - work rate and creativity
Wingers - tackling and crossing
All defenders (include DM) - work rate, Str, jumping, heading , tackling, positioning
GK - reflexes + communication.
As u can see work really well, with 110-120 CA players 2th place in EPL. I suggest Simao as DMC, he available for free and insane good

Last edited:
Realyy?? wrrr...

78419361623882499362.jpg

i have small question players like luis gustavo(like anorchman )work in 451?

Hi I always played underdogs and i have good results but i dont never buy new players in first season because I dont have money. I start play big team: Man City and I bought new 3 dmc for Mr.L 4-5-1 tactic and I CANT WIN! I created account on this forum beacause Im very frustated! I think maybe buy 3 new players in first season is to much. How many can buy new players? Please for help :(

thanx for the 4-5-1 tactic.i'm now looking for a new challenge after my QPR save.now with st etienne.currently 23 matches unbeaten.only bought andreas cornelius.great tactic so far =) my tips for team talk

pre match ask *** man
half time calmly look for you've played well but there is room for improvement. if there isnt there look for aggressive i dont happy
full time calmly look for well done and if lose aggressive

eventhough your team only win 1-0 but praise them.and if u bought a new player and he played very bad,issue a warning.and if he scores later,compliment him.all of this advice i got from this thread.

Hi I always played underdogs and i have good results but i dont never buy new players in first season because I dont have money. I start play big team: Man City and I bought new 3 dmc for Mr.L 4-5-1 tactic and I CANT WIN! I created account on this forum beacause Im very frustated! I think maybe buy 3 new players in first season is to much. How many can buy new players? Please for help :(

Set match prep to teamwork, I am in prem with Derby and massive underdogs, I signed lots of players this season and have 7 new players in my starting 11, first 7 games of the season 7 wins! Can't see 3 being a big deal for City.

Hi I have been away for a while and now i saw that the 4-5-1 tripletweaked is recommended so can someone tell me with which teams should i use it?

Hi Mr L, or anyone.. On first page, there stated:

4-5-1 Rock Tripletweak:

DC= Central Defender
DL/DR= Fullbacks
DMC= Central Midfielder/Box to box (cm training if he has lower than 10/10 mark/tack)
ML/MR= Wingers
ST= Complete Forward

So how bout 4-4-2 ? I know somebody might have asked this but, pls ?

Last edited:
Hi Mr Langvatn, just one question: where exactly can I find the tactics for download? I'm probably being really dense, but I can't find any links

Is it just me who still finds the 4-1-4-1 Rock classic more successful then the triple tweaked tactics?

Is it just me who still finds the 4-1-4-1 Rock classic more successful then the triple tweaked tactics?

I think it's the easiest one to use because you don't need that specific players to make it work and the goals come from a wide range of areas so if someones having an off day it doesn't always matter. I also think the rock is more balanced between attack and defence so is good for most teams be it top or underdogs. 4-5-1 is more defensive of the tactics and the 4-4-2 is awesome going forward but can be a little leaky at the back and seems to either thump teams 5-0 or scrape by 2-1 where as the rock tends to win with steady 2-0 and 3-1 scores. I am trying the 4-5-1 now in the same test as I have done before with Derby so I will see how it performs in season 1 with a team which is prob the best in the championship and then 1st season in the prem were I am certain underdogs. There isn't much between any of the tactics when tested in a real game situation from my experience.

same here

It may have to do a little with the 'no-cf' strategy. As the latest tweak uses quite a lot of creative freedom, results tend to be a little bit more random, since the players are allowed to play arround on their own a bit more. This can be both good and bad.. it depends on the players quality. When playing arround with CF you can get incredible results.. like a 4-0 away win to City, but you can also get a shocking 1-2 defeat to Wigan.. it's like a "risk and reward" kind of thing...

at least, that's from my point of view. and from what ive seen so far.

In the latest tweak im working on, im going for a little bit less CF.