Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

I seem to be having trouble against the rubbish teams in my league using the 4-5-1 tripletweak. Lost a game 2-0 against West Brom (bottom half of table now) and drew against a Blackpool side who've lost their last 5 games by 4-0 and 5-0 types of scores. Previous to these 2 games I had been on a winning streak of about 20 games with comfort, with multiple games against man city, liverpool etc. EDIT: Just lost vs Brighton too, what on earth is going on.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a reason smaller teams are more difficult to win against? I'm running low intensity balanced general training, scheduling at the third notch from the left and attacking movement for match training.

I seem to be conceding quite a bit from corners, is that down to training or something else?

Last edited:
I seem to be having trouble against the rubbish teams in my league using the 4-5-1 tripletweak. Lost a game 2-0 against West Brom (bottom half of table now) and drew against a Blackpool side who've lost their last 5 games by 4-0 and 5-0 types of scores. Previous to these 2 games I had been on a winning streak of about 20 games with comfort, with multiple games against man city, liverpool etc. EDIT: Just lost vs Brighton too, what on earth is going on.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a reason smaller teams are more difficult to win against? I'm running low intensity balanced general training, scheduling at the third notch from the left and attacking movement for match training.

I seem to be conceding quite a bit from corners, is that down to training or something else?

451 is more defensive than 442. So maybe you should try 442 against weeker teams. Also using att movement for 451 match prep is important. For corners I changed these settings. You should check your players ability etc.

So guys, the 451triple is amazing but what about more attacking formations? i am managing a topteam and even though i started with a 6-1 win out in the CL i seem to scrap 1-0 and 2-1 wins on domestic games against very weak opponents. I need more possession as well, as the board demands.

Also, any rock tactic seems to have the same effect. Good in the champions league, average in the domestic leagues against weak sides..

hihi Mr.L, could you tell me which one is the playmarker with 4-5-1 Rock Tripletweaked (Jassar, Malte, Mr L) ??

It's not intended. But I can't remove it, as the editing tool doesn't let me see the full names of all the tactics.

How can I remove that? I havent seen ticked swap FC with DMC in tactic setup, but after few games my players have started swap postion.

Are you testing tactics by being on vacations with ticked options of "use selected tactic" (not playing in english version but I hope you get what I mean)? I have a problem, no matter what tactic I use while on vacations- new, recently downloaded or the one I know is working every time I use it - I always loose.
Even more strange thing - my reserve team's results are a disaster if I use first team tactics. Even if I have 2 times better players on my reserve team than other clubs.
Never happened before in previous FM versions.

hihi GAYS, anyone could tell me which one is the playmarker with 4-5-1 Rock Tripletweaked (Jassar, Malte, Mr L) ?? thanks so much !!!!!!!!!

In the 451 triple tweak why do the ST and centre centre mid swap? Is this supposed to happen?

Hi guys,

The suggested training on the front page, is it just for trippletweak or with any of Mr L's tactics?

cheers