Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Just been back through the last couple of pages looking for match prep and training. Notice in the OP attacking movement with tactics although I recall def positioning mentioned but cant seem to find it. What is recommended at the moment?

Just been back through the last couple of pages looking for match prep and training. Notice in the OP attacking movement with tactics although I recall def positioning mentioned but cant seem to find it. What is recommended at the moment?

def.pos and att.mov both work well. If it is your first season, or you bought players, I recommend using teamwork (along with team cohesion training) for the first 7-8 matches.

I like the way the Deep Purple tactic looks, mainly attacking wise but defending is also pretty good. Nice interchanging and passing style. Would look better for me if my players were better. However, like all tactics if you get a 5-0 plus beating from say Man City away, like I just have today then the morale does go down and it impacts on the next few games. Games that you feel you should win. Overall is a good tactic and one where an underdog can do well with. Winning EPL as one in 1st​ season unlikely to me, but am sure someone can prove me wrong! Finished the QPR season and for me was a successful one considering I lost all my strikers in January and had to buy one. Screenshot of, league table.

View attachment 694657

Was the striker you brought in English? Cause if they don't know the language, it takes a while before he starts performing. Very unlucky that all your strikers got injured, indeed. Better luck next season :)

The striker I bought was French.. but was from Fulham, so no problems with language. He did fairly well until my best striker came back near end of season.

You're the best Mr Langvatn :)

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Been working on this some days now, and I've reached a point where I am completely satisfied with it :)

It's all my work, but included Jesaustralia's name in it because he inspired me to make it :)

I absolutely love the tactic, it's highscoring, and very solid in the back as well. I hope many of you will love it too :)

I recommend using attacking movement match prep for this tactic.

Last edited:
Been working on this some days now, and I've reached a point where I am completely satisfied with it :)

It's all my work, but included Jesaustralia's name in it because he inspired me to make it :)

I absolutely love the tactic, it's extremely highscoring, and it's actually quite solid in the back as well. I hope many of you will love it too :)
Its inspired in the 3-4-3 Diamond from jesaustralia? this tactic was a good one,I will try this.

Its inspired in the 3-4-3 Diamond from jesaustralia? this tactic was a good one,I will try this.

No it's not inspired by any tactic. Just the man, Jesaustralia :) This tactic is made from scratch, but has a few elements from my other tactics (some core settings that cannot be ignored)

As someone said "You naughty Boy"...

Mr.Langvatn:
You coming back to a pretty emptied out FM13 is amazing in its self, but you coming back and providing maybe your best work (probably up for discussion) for FM13 is blowing my mind, but I appreciate it. I will say I cannot for the life of me imagine you have created something that works better than the 4231 Deep Purple Youl'll see why in a sec.

The 4231 Deep Purple Final "Review" by Jesaustralia:

This tactic possess an incredible balance offensively and defensively and when using it I almost feel like its a cheat. It perform equally as good home & away and can definitely be touted as a plug & play tactic. This much said I have an incredibly team that can perform with many different kinds of tactics. Testing with QPR have prooved that this is an underdog tactic as well. Getting all the right types of players will make you the best in the game. To be completely honest I feel their is no need to create another tactic for fm13 and older tactics should just be deleted because this one is simply the only one you'll ever need. I cannot imagine a better tactic than this one. I reckon this tactic would have received millions of downloads if we were in 2013 right now!

4231 Deep Purple Tips said & Unsaid - (Can also be used for other tactics):

Get a great corner kick taker in your team it is gold

Get a good Throw-in taker. Set throw ins to long if you have such. Assign your throw-in taker to take your throw-ins in both sides - Works good!

I recommend 2 tower Defenders with good acceleration. Best Tower defender on the DC right (For corners)

Training:
If you have bought several players or if its first season in game the following is recommended "Especially for underdogs":
Team cohesion - High - 50% - Teamwork - Rest Before & After Match Ticked
"All Season".
Check your team gel level by refering to Report - Last Match - Team talk feedback. In case you have "Extremely strong understanding" I would change to the Tip Below!

Tactics - Very High - 50% - Defensive Positioning/Attacking Movement - Rest Before & After Match Ticked
"All Season or August-January then switch to the below"
Preference given to: Anticipation - Composure - Concentration - Decisions - Teamwork

OR

Fitness - Very High - 50% - Defensive Positioning/Attacking Movement - Rest Before & After Match Ticked
"All Season or Mix it up with the above"

Take a good look at your team to decide whether you should use Defensive positioning or Attacking movement
"This is newly found information for me" works amazing! - If your team is Weak - good I would go for Defensive positioning
& Very Good - Amazing Should be Attacking movement.

I Chose Attacking Movement :)

attachment.php

Attacking movement came into play after the Betis match - In Spanish Cup matches I used youth!

attachment.php

Though this looks amazing for me don't go around thinking of it as an solution - good tips are given above and can help you out to make Mr.Langvatn work the way they are suppose to.

Guys don't forget the 3-4-3 Mr.Langvatn have made a new tactic that he thinks is better than the 4231 Deep purple

CHEERS

Last edited:
As someone said "You naughty Boy"...

Mr.Langvatn:
You coming back to a pretty emptied out FM13 is amazing in its self, but you coming back and providing maybe your best work (probably up for discussion) for FM13 is blowing my mind, but I appreciate it. I will say I cannot for the life of me imagine you have created something that works better than the 4231 Deep Purple Youl'll see why in a sec.

The 4231 Deep Purple Final "Review" by Jesaustralia:

This tactic possess an incredible balance offensively and defensively and when using it I almost feel like its a cheat. It perform equally as good home & away and can definitely be touted as a plug & play tactic. This much said I have an incredibly team that can perform with many different kinds of tactics. Testing with QPR have prooved that this is an underdog tactic as well. Getting all the right types of players will make you the best in the game. To be completely honest I feel their is no need to create another tactic for fm13 and older tactics should just be deleted because this one is simply the only one you'll ever need. I cannot imagine a better tactic than this one. I reckon this tactic would have received millions of downloads if we were in 2013 right now!

4231 Deep Purple Tips said & Unsaid - (Can also be used for other tactics):

Get a great corner kick taker in your team it is gold

Get a good Throw-in taker. Set throw ins to long if you have such. Assign your throw-in taker to take your throw-ins in both sides - Works good!

I recommend 2 tower Defenders with good acceleration. Best Tower defender on the DC right (For corners)

Training:
If you have bought several players or if its first season in game the following is recommended "Especially for underdogs":
Team cohesion - High - 50% - Teamwork - Rest Before & After Match Ticked
"All Season".
Check your team gel level by refering to Report - Last Match - Team talk feedback. In case you have "Extremely strong understanding" I would change to the Tip Below!

Tactics - Very High - 50% - Defensive Positioning/Attacking Movement - Rest Before & After Match Ticked
"All Season or August-January then switch to the below"
Preference given to: Anticipation - Composure - Concentration - Decisions - Teamwork

OR

Fitness - Very High - 50% - Defensive Positioning/Attacking Movement - Rest Before & After Match Ticked
"All Season or Mix it up with the above"

Take a good look at your team to decide whether you should use Defensive positioning or Attacking movement
"This is newly found information for me" works amazing! - If your team is Weak - good I would go for Defensive positioning
& Very Good - Amazing Should be Attacking movement.

I Chose Attacking Movement :)

attachment.php

Attacking movement came into play after the Betis match - In Spanish Cup matches I used youth!

attachment.php

Though this looks amazing for me don't go around thinking of it as an solution - good tips are given above and can help you out to make Mr.Langvatn work the way they are suppose to.

Guys don't forget the 3-4-3 Mr.Langvatn have made a new tactic that he thinks is better than the 4231 Deep purple

CHEERS

I'm not sure the 3-4-3 is better, but my opinion is that it's just as good at least. It would take testing of extreme measures to really find out which of the two is better. But I do believe that these two are even better than the old tripletweak tactics, and now in very desirable formations in my book.

If anyone wonders why I use WBL, DM and WBR instead of ML, MC and MR, it's because WBL, DM and WBR perform much better with a full attacking mentality than ML, MC and MR do with normal or defensive mentality. The 13.3.3 patch doesn't give the option to play as successfully with ML, MC and MR.

Here is a 3-5-2 edition of the Solid Highscore tactic. This might be a less desirable formation for some than the 3-4-3, but this one is even more solid, and just as high scoring. Away, or if you're facing a a stronger side than yours at home, I feel the 3-5-2 is quite much better.

Along with the 3-4-3, these two can also make a very good home/away tactic set. Use the 3-5-2 away and the 3-4-3 at home. The positions are exactly the same, so this will help you rotate your team as well :)

Last edited: