That's what I would think. My pre-season was awesome, only losing one game (1-3 to Dortmund), and winning the rest without conceding. But, I'll give it a shot until I'm either sacked, or it improves. Noticing the success other people have, it's worth it lol.

Fingers crossed bud, I'll look at Liverpool when I get home from Uni tonight, this Newcastle saves becoming too easy but I want to win the club world championship lol

Fingers crossed bud, I'll look at Liverpool when I get home from Uni tonight, this Newcastle saves becoming too easy but I want to win the club world championship lol

Cheers mate. Yeah, Liverpool have been a challenge since FM11. I always enjoy a Newcastle save at least once every FM, once I get a decent tactic going, but it gets easy too fast with Newcastle lol.

Cheers mate. Yeah, Liverpool have been a challenge since FM11. I always enjoy a Newcastle save at least once every FM, once I get a decent tactic going, but it gets easy too fast with Newcastle lol.

loading up Liverpool game now, will report back to let you know how it goes :p

Been using this tactic for AFC wimbledon to great affect (I'm now second in the league and i've been suing it since November). However, I've recently had a dip in form and my form for my last 5 games have been 1w 3d and 1L. My striker (Jack Midson) has hit a really bad goal drought and I essentially have no effective replacement. I've also been leaking goals at the back despite using defensive positioning.
Do you have any suggestions to break this bad run of form?

Been using this tactic for AFC wimbledon to great affect (I'm now second in the league and i've been suing it since November). However, I've recently had a dip in form and my form for my last 5 games have been 1w 3d and 1L. My striker (Jack Midson) has hit a really bad goal drought and I essentially have no effective replacement. I've also been leaking goals at the back despite using defensive positioning.
Do you have any suggestions to break this bad run of form?

You can try a team meeting, talk to players who are under performing or discipline them if they are performing poorly, any dip in form I've had so far has been a morale issue, or a player wanting a new contract etc so check these things out as a first point,
altering tactics if it doesnt go your way can sometimes lead to further bad form due to unfamiliarities.

View attachment 460620

So far the only issue I can find with liverpool is the depth of the squad, there is no established cover for most of the positions and no real first team wingers which is where alot of assists come from,
I've won 3 of 4 competitive games without full fluidity so far, will post results once ive played more games

View attachment 460619

Seems to be going ok I would think, still not fully fluid either. I think a back up Anchor man like Mohamed Diame and a decent winger like nicolas gaitan trained to play ML with coutinho trained to play MR Liverpool could win the league 1st season, I'd try and pick up Honda as he is cheap and decent for CM too just to boost the side.

I had won every game up till the hull game was about to start it when FM crashed for the first time since BETA :(

Last edited:
View attachment 405485

Seems to be going ok I would think, still not fully fluid either. I think a back up Anchor man like Mohamed Diame and a decent winger like nicolas gaitan trained to play ML with coutinho trained to play MR Liverpool could win the league 1st season, I'd try and pick up Honda as he is cheap and decent for CM too just to boost the side.

I had won every game up till the hull game was about to start it when FM crashed for the first time since BETA :(

Well, you're doing better than me... Who are you using as wingers? Who have you bought? I usually play Coutinho as ML, whilst retraining him, loaning Salvio from Benfica as MR and getting Simone Pepe as backup. Also, Honda is a actually pretty decent in-game. I usually just pick him up for free, and wait till January to get him. In the meantime, I'm also getting Javi Garcia as cover for Lucas in DM.

Edit: It seems like I didn't read the post properly. Derp. Anyway, I'll give it another shot from the start. I may be more lucky :p

Last edited:
Well, you're doing better than me... Who are you using as wingers? Who have you bought? I usually play Coutinho as ML, whilst retraining him, loaning Salvio from Benfica as MR and getting Simone Pepe as backup. Also, Honda is a actually pretty decent in-game. I usually just pick him up for free, and wait till January to get him. In the meantime, I'm also getting Javi Garcia as cover for Lucas in DM.

Edit: It seems like I didn't read the post properly. Derp. Anyway, I'll give it another shot from the start. I may be more lucky :p

I have every confidence you will do well mate, I do think liverpool's squad is tight for this and the transfers I recommended should help get it right. I put coutinho on the right as he is right footed however it shouldnt make any difference as ben arfa is doing great on the right wing in my Newcastle save and he's left footed. I sometimes had henderson or even gerard on the right wing depending on condition or injuries.

I have every confidence you will do well mate, I do think liverpool's squad is tight for this and the transfers I recommended should help get it right. I put coutinho on the right as he is right footed however it shouldnt make any difference as ben arfa is doing great on the right wing in my Newcastle save and he's left footed. I sometimes had henderson or even gerard on the right wing depending on condition or injuries.

Coutinho usually does well for me as a left winger, instead of an inside forward despite the fact that he's right footed. I'll still go for Salvio, as Liverpools budget is hella tight the first season, and another winger on loan would do a world of good. I'm also going to go for Honda right away, aswell as Diame. Probably gonna get Garcia anyway as a backup, as Lucas never really does well for me.

I do appreciate the help though. It makes it a little less frustrating lol

How many goals does your striker (on average) usually get a season using this tactic ? Will give it a go tonight with Lyon.

Coutinho usually does well for me as a left winger, instead of an inside forward despite the fact that he's right footed. I'll still go for Salvio, as Liverpools budget is hella tight the first season, and another winger on loan would do a world of good. I'm also going to go for Honda right away, aswell as Diame. Probably gonna get Garcia anyway as a backup, as Lucas never really does well for me.

I do appreciate the help though. It makes it a little less frustrating lol

I know how frustrating it can be, I've been there before on other FM's where nothing would work for me lol
Cant argue the Salvio signing he is a good player, and I'm sure you will do well.

My world club championship is finished:
View attachment 460555

Also had a tycoon take over, as if the game wasnt easy enough ?162m transfer budget.... think messi will go to Newcastle?

How many goals does your striker (on average) usually get a season using this tactic ? Will give it a go tonight with Lyon.

I've had roughly 30 in total each season by the striker, all my midfielders usually hit double figures aswell though

Adam Campbell for 3rd season is on 20 before xmas:
View attachment 460551

Hi I am new new football manager on PC having played it for years on PSP and finally deciding to step up! your tactic looks very good and would suit my Norwich team, however i am having trouble downloading the attachment as was wandering if you could tell me what player instructions you have set, in any?

Hi I am new new football manager on PC having played it for years on PSP and finally deciding to step up! your tactic looks very good and would suit my Norwich team, however i am having trouble downloading the attachment as was wandering if you could tell me what player instructions you have set, in any?

HI the only player instructions set are on the goalkeeper, these are:
Pass it shorter
Tackle harder
Distribute to defenders

I'm unsure if the Tackle harder does anything on a goalkeeper, but I set it as I wanted my keeper to be aggressive when coming for corners and crosses.

I know how frustrating it can be, I've been there before on other FM's where nothing would work for me lol
Cant argue the Salvio signing he is a good player, and I'm sure you will do well.

My world club championship is finished:
View attachment 405628

Also had a tycoon take over, as if the game wasnt easy enough ?162m transfer budget.... think messi will go to Newcastle?

Actually, I haven't been this frustrated since FM11. 12 and 13 were pretty decent in forms of tactics. At least there the ME wasn't as screwed up as it is here. But that's a discussion for another time lol.

If you can get Messi for ?162m, you're lucky. I doubt he'll go for anything under ?300m :p

Thanks for the advice mate. I warned Jack Midson and he's been on fire since that warning, scoring in like mad now. I'll post screenshots of my AFC Wimbledon save when the season's finished.

Ok brilliant, thank you, looking forward to getting home from work and giving it a try!

Ok I just finished my AFC Wimbledon save. I finished second which was good considering I was predicted to finish 17th. I probably would've finished higher if I implemented your tactic earlier on in the season. One of my main problems were goals so i'll probably get a new striker and another midfielder for the new season. Anyway brilliant tactic and keep up the good work.
View attachment 460533View attachment 460532View attachment 460531View attachment 460530

Actually, I haven't been this frustrated since FM11. 12 and 13 were pretty decent in forms of tactics. At least there the ME wasn't as screwed up as it is here. But that's a discussion for another time lol.

If you can get Messi for ?162m, you're lucky. I doubt he'll go for anything under ?300m :p

All my bids for him got rejected haha