My Man City is Last whats Wrong ??

If you cant get Man City into the top 8 at least then there is something wrong.I suggest you turn the game off and read the manual thoroughly,then download the TT&F guide and read it properly,also in there are some tactics to get you started.Here is the TT&F link:http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=139

I'd have to agree here. I have only played Man City the once, and found them quite literally boring as I zoomed to 1st place around halfway through the season and stayed there, ending up with a 17 point gap above Arsenal in 2nd.

Just not sure how you can be last... even with horrendous tactics.

well i dont know either :S ... i downladed some tactics ... i copy paste teh min the file Tactics but i cant find them in game ... i press import and then what i do ?

Then go to the tactics folder and it should be there. But dont just download someone elses tactics. Read the Tactical Guide on this site and learn what your doing wrong.

when u choose captain in the start of the year i chose wrong captain and now i cant make Dune captain why is that ???

i play a simple 4-4-2 the one thats man city starts with

I think we may have found the problem. The tactic settings may be at their default positions.

Don't use the default settings. (The one they start with). In general have 5 defensive players and 5 attacking, changing that depending on your opponents strenght (aka 2 more attacking against weak oppontents and 2 more defensive against stronger). Fiddle with it a little and start winning games. Although it is very tempting to spend all your money on one or two big players (2/3 of the budget on Aguero) it's better to buy more players. The default Man City players have some gems but not all are good (backup defense is horrible, Benjani/Bellamy/Calceido/Sturridge = horrible, Sturridge & Calciedo can become good though).

Making your own tactic can be a fuss, so download some from this site. Been working with the 4-4-2 5x5 variants and it's a good place to start. Maybe someone can point you towards them (cause I forgot what they were called or where to find them).

Everything
Hahahaha hes right i thought its impossible to get city last in the prem, get new tactics get better players play them in areas they can play, PLAY given in goal, do things right

wow, i didnt think it was actually possible to be coming last with man city and their richs
but thanks for showing me its possible :p

It isn't realistically possible though... must have made a total botched job of the tactics.

For Manchester City, you can't buy the best players in the 1st season. I bought Joe Mattock, one of the bests defenders in te game, Srna, Léo from Gremio and Breno.
Miguel Veloso is a great player too. When I am the manager of Manchester City, I have to buy Arshavin. I bought Saivet, Balotelli and Gabriel Obertan.

When you bought that players you will have a great team.
But you have to sell some players.

For Manchester City, you can't buy the best players in the 1st season. I bought Joe Mattock, one of the bests defenders in te game, Srna, Léo from Gremio and Breno.
Miguel Veloso is a great player too. When I am the manager of Manchester City, I have to buy Arshavin. I bought Saivet, Balotelli and Gabriel Obertan.

Players alone do not make a 'decent' team in this game.

I'd take finely-crafted tactics with an average team over useless tactics with a good team any day of the week, and I'd finish above them too.

Selling doesn't really help that much as the players you want to sell are **** and hardly worth anything. Fernandes, Bellamy, Onuacha, Zabaleta and Elano can bring in some cash but Bellamy is hard to sell (just bought him) and Elano can be of some use (can't play a full match though).

Tried the start-up with Man City a couple of times and eventually bought Diego, Vagner Love, Veloso, Vuckenic, Affelay, Vermaelen, Ansaldi, Mattock, Gundjohnson and Kuzmanovic before season start. Now Diego wasn't the best of choices (too expensive, though best player in first season) so you could spend those 30 mln on other players. In short you can buy yourself a totally new and good team. Even Gudjohnson scored 20 goals in the season mainly as sub.

Quit that game though. Came in fourth, but Liverpool (6th) won the CL...... which sucked as I rested all good players for the last game of the season, so I lost and finished fourth instead of third.
Wasn't the biggest reason to quit though. I had this bug (?) wanted to sign some new physio's as replacements for those who were at the end of contract. Board says, we don't need more physio's. I think, well we just lost two, but hé, I'll fire some more, the ones I want are better anyway. So I was down to two physio's. Board still says, we don't need more physio's. Now I'm irritated, and fire my last two remaning physio's. So now I'm down to zero physio's. Offer contracts to some nice physio's with good rep and 20 in physio (unlike the others). But lo and behold, I still have zero (!) physio's as my board just simply refuses to sign physio's.
Then I quit, cause by that time all my players were unhappy as well. No physio's and I wouldn't sell them to big clubs.

Stupid thing is, I started again.......with Man City...... still need more practice :).

Even with crappy tactics, I don't know how you are last. Have a look at tactics, even with my Man City I forgot to put in tactics and I won like 4-0. So I don't know what your doing wrong. Don't change the whole squad, keep players in, Robinho, back four you changed them all except Richards. Mid did you change it all to? You can't just get a team and then change mostly everyone, they wont gel straight away.

*** on m8 i finshed top with man city in me first season i didnt bye no one untill jan

eh ... i made some some good transfers ... and i tried a really attacking tactic and i won 4-0 ... but still working in it ... maybe its not the tactic , its the players that they are all new in team ... most of them ...

Yes, that can really mess up a team. If they are misplacing their passes a lot, esp playing to players that could be there but aren't (if you know what I mean) than they need to gel more.
Had some really stranges results on my first season with City. Trashing Liverpool 3-0, winning at Chelsea 0-2 and stealing a win against Man U 0-1, but losing to Stoke and drawing against Fulham.......

What can I do to win Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal with Man City?

I am in the third place of the Premier League, but now I will play with the 3 giants of the League. What can I do to win them ?

Help please.