My Man City is Last whats Wrong ??

nah ... the places of the players are ok ... but my team chemistry is bad i think ... we will see ...

a) hope your team is in good shape and up for it
b) find a way to counter the attack of your opponents. This seems logical but even more so against the big three (four?). Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal all play 4-3-3 with wide wingers in my game often supported by an AMC. I tend to man mark all AMC/strikers and put all AMC's on tight marking. Close down any DMC's or defensive playmakers. Keep your own game wide and make a strong, defensive (if away) midfield with powerfull wingers. All three teams have pretty attacking Full Backs so that is where their weakness lies (in my game).
c) Pray. Silly things can happen. Still expect to loose away against the big teams. Nothing to be ashamed about and remember that titles aren't won against the big teams, they are lost against the weak teams.

Boylis thats an excuse. I have done games where I sold all my team and bought in the wonderkids I see on this website and gone on to win a league with 9 new players in my team and an average age of 20.

It seems that you arent paying enough detail to tactics. Are your individual player instructions done or do you just do team instructions. Do you adjust your tactics if it isnt working for you. Or do you just play same tactics you were given at the start for 90 minutes every game?

nah ... the places of the players are ok ... but my team chemistry is bad i think ... we will see ...

That''s what I mean. Bad placing has to do with players anticipating on each other which won't work well without chemistry. Seeing players go deep but the pass is not deep and visa versa. They simply don't know each other well enough to predict what their teammates will do. Frustrating but realistic.

Redstag i have many wonderkids and yes i am changing my tactics and yes i chang player tactics and team tactics ... :(

**** thats unlucky so isnt it. Has it got any better using a downloaded tatic.

Bad chemistry would account for a slight underachievement, but not the cataclismic failure of being last in the league with Man City. I'm afraid the cold truth might be that you just aren't a very good manager.

what your doing wrong is being a **** manager. last with man city, thats pathetic.

I had the same kinda problem when i started out with City but come good 2nd have of the season and finished a lucky 4th! I tinkered with tactics and finally got it right with a 4-3-1-2...8-|

maybe you should resign and go for a lower league club to learn your trade;) :D and then try the big club..i did that :D

I don't think team chemistry is the problem here. I had a totally transformed Sunderland side (except for Whitehead, Kenwyne Jones and Gordon) and still manage to finish the season in 8th place. It can't be your tactics either. The first time of me playing this game was Man Utd, and I still won the league title without knowing how to set the tactics, simply using the default 4-4-2 formation. Yeah, I know it's Man Utd but the ****, you're last with Man City? If you're mid-table it's still fine but...

I have a similar problem with Man City, I can't win. It's almost January and I am 17th, and haven't won a game in the premier league. I'm pretty new, so not sure what I am doing wrong.

My team is
GK -Given
DR -Micah Richards
DL - Wayne Bridge
DC - Phillepe Mexes (who's average rating is 6.3) Richard Dunne and Vincent Company
DCM - De Jong
MC - Deigo, Stephen Ireland
AML - Yury Zhirkov
AMR - Sean Wright Phillips
ST - Robinho

At the moment I am 17th in the prem league, I haven't won any, just draws and losses. The thing is, in Europe I absoultly destroy teams. I've won on aggregate 16-0, 12-0, 8-1, 7-3. now in group stages. Some young guy Daniel Sturridge scored about 22 of those goals, but he's only 18 and just doesn't play all that well. The problem isn't really scoring, it's late winners and equalisers that are just killing me.

I haven't really changed the sliders from the first default tactic, and I have that tugs training thing.

Any help?

Also after getting fed up, I saved me game and kept playing Bolton (20th) away, after 5 reloads I can't beat them. Obviously I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

Last edited:
sounds like your definately doing something wrong, I finished 4th with man city in my first season and won the Europa league, went to the finals of the FA Cup and semis of the league cup and the only decent transfer I done was Vagner love.

Im asking for help with my QPR team, also if your team is solely on the default team settings you won't win it will try and make all your team do everything together e.g strikers will try closing down players aswell which is stupid if they don't have the stamina to run back and forth.

How come that in all tactics i've downloaded, strikers have high closing down settings?

the problem with people who play as man city is the same like man city in real life. Tooo many players in a ahort space of time. Obviously in the first half of the season you will be bad because your players are gelling you should start with good foundations. i started off on the old patch and i found that richards and onuoha are a good bench mark to start at deffensively. In the midfield to start with gelson fernandes paired with some one like lassana diarrra/veloso/kuzmanovic/camacho do well ensuring that the team have a good spine. Essentially you want to keep a nice line of original man city players running through the spine of the team, even if they are on the bench. i had petrov and elano on the bench for a while and generally they seem to be the ones who think they are bigger than man city and try to move on. but i really do not recomend going for a full squad revamp in the first season.

1st season squad

GK: Hart
RB: Onuoha
CB: Richards
CB: Dunne
LB:Marcelo
CM:Gelson
CM:Veloso
RAM:Ireland
LAM: Petrov
CF:Balotelli
CF: Robinho

Subs:
Kompany
Vela
Evans (was joint top scorer in 1st half of season :D)

this was by no means a world beating team and it showed as by January i was 13th
but with a string of good results i managed to finish a respectable 6th no trophies but that was a gelling season very much like in real life.
In the january transfer window i brought in guardado (must buy) but the bulk of my team was the same and that is my tip to you restrict to buying 1 or 2 signings a window as too much chaos can mess everything up and make some of your current players unsettled

The thing is your all saying its about chemistry this and spirit this. I won league with man city second season after holidaying first, a long time ago. from what I remember, this was my team.

Gk: Akinfeev
Dr: Richards
Dl: Felipe
DC: Colocini
DC: Zapata
RM: Srna
LM: Zhirkov
CM Gerrard
CM: Moutinho
ST: Love
St: Cardozo/Santa Cruz

I havent got the screenshots so if you don't believe me, don't, but its true