You have Adler instead ?

How did you get Hulk for £16.75

I just scouting him and my scout tell me that he can be bought around 12-15M. So I have made an offer to Porto and after negotiation, they just want 16.75M, so I accepted it. :D See the screen how far he done for my team. ^^)

hi hanc, i like your 4-3-2-1-B as it's playing an almost identical formation to mine except i have one defensive mid instead of 3 midfielders.

I also have David Villa as my lone striker but he's not really scoring for me despite my team doing well, maybe just 1 goal every 2 or so games. So i'm trying out your tactic now but i've got a couple of questions:

do you use target man and run onto ball for David Villa?

Also, i notice you have primary playmaker not ticked, should i not use that?

cheers!

Hi mate, ^^)

You can train your DM to MC with Ball Winning Midfielder roles and duty. So he can be natural in this MC position.

Yes, I used target man and a lonely striker is target man which ball suppied is run onto ball. For this, Villa is great and suits because he is fast, a good dribbler, finishing, long shot, flair, technique, pace and off the ball. Run onto ball is better to apply for a fast player. :D

Yes, I have untick the primary playmaker because i only used one playmaker in my tactic which is at central of midfielder. He must be good dribbler, passing, creative, off the ball, first touch and technique. I do not need to tick because when we have put someone as playmaker, it is automatically will choose your primary playmaker. So you did not to choose it by yourself. But, if you have played 2 player as advanced playmaker, the tactic still choose the primary playmaker by itself. So, you need to choose or tick it yourself to choose which one is better to be a primary and the other one will be as secondary. Just want to mension, its good if we have only one playmaker, so his teamate can supplied the ball only to him to generate the attack. (H)

My main playmaker is Gourcuff but since I have bough Silva, I have rotate both. I still keep both to play together which one of them play as playmaker and other one play as box to box. Just rotate them, so my midefielder is so creative.

I think he wants you to give him a link to that tactic which you think is the best, well from what i gathered i think that's what he wants. :D

Which tactic is the best from this thread?

All as good as another ;) my personal fav is my and hanc 4-3-2-1

Link please ?

To what exactly you aint wrote nothing before that i dont think:S

Chapman for this
my and hanc 4-3-2-1

So what are you guy's reccomended signings and sales in the 1st season for Man Utd. I'm going to be using the David Villa 3 tactic as I want to use 2 strikers.

So what are you guy's reccomended signings and sales in the 1st season for Man Utd. I'm going to be using the David Villa 3 tactic as I want to use 2 strikers.

Could sign Gourcuff retrain to CM he will assist like no tomorrow and you need a new winger maybe Angel Di Maria

Signed Gourcuff, retraining him to CM.

What do you guys think of De Gea? Lloris is over priced as is Adler (no way I'm paying over 30mil for them) so I won't be buying them and Akinfeev is over priced too.

Hi guys im kinda new to this i only got the game last wekk and just coming to the end of my 2nd season with Man Utd.

Ive not touched the tactic screens once and belive i have just been playing well and made a few good signings.

2009-2010 Season- Premiership 3rd place Last day of season could have won it but drew to Liverpool / Fa cup final lost in extra time to Everton / CL Final lost to Barcelona on pens 5-4.

INS- Lloris £22.5m - Zapata £14.5.m - Maxwell £5.25m - David Luiz £9.5m -
Falcao £14m - Sandro £15m - Cardozo £12.5m - Sami Khedira £7.5m - Camacho £3m - Di Maria £4.5 - Muniain £1m

OUTS Foster £5.5m - Kusczack £5m - Neville Free - Tosic £ 4.2m - Obertan £3m - Owen £1.5m Hargreaves £10m Ljajic £5m - De Leat £1.1m - Biram Diouf £6.5m - Petrucci £2m

Can any 1 help me with a good tactic to stick with and some areas where i might be able to improve my squad.

Thanks.

Signed Gourcuff, retraining him to CM.

What do you guys think of De Gea? Lloris is over priced as is Adler (no way I'm paying over 30mil for them) so I won't be buying them and Akinfeev is over priced too.

De Gea is a bit young atm if you are first season the keepers at your disposal are good enough if not bid £22.5 non-negotiable i got him for that once before i started a game with the update :D

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Hi guys im kinda new to this i only got the game last wekk and just coming to the end of my 2nd season with Man Utd.

Ive not touched the tactic screens once and belive i have just been playing well and made a few good signings.

2009-2010 Season- Premiership 3rd place Last day of season could have won it but drew to Liverpool / Fa cup final lost in extra time to Everton / CL Final lost to Barcelona on pens 5-4.

INS- Lloris £22.5m - Zapata £14.5.m - Maxwell £5.25m - David Luiz £9.5m -
Falcao £14m - Sandro £15m - Cardozo £12.5m - Sami Khedira £7.5m - Camacho £3m - Di Maria £4.5 - Muniain £1m

OUTS Foster £5.5m - Kusczack £5m - Neville Free - Tosic £ 4.2m - Obertan £3m - Owen £1.5m Hargreaves £10m Ljajic £5m - De Leat £1.1m - Biram Diouf £6.5m - Petrucci £2m

Can any 1 help me with a good tactic to stick with and some areas where i might be able to improve my squad.

Thanks.

IMO you made to many signings at a time i make a limit of 3 signings a season so they can all settle easier. If you take a screen shot me or Hanc or any others can give you some tips :)

If you aint sure how to take one it ALT + F4 it will appear in your documents sports interactive fm 2010 screenshots

Hi mate, ^^)

You can train your DM to MC with Ball Winning Midfielder roles and duty. So he can be natural in this MC position.

Yes, I used target man and a lonely striker is target man which ball suppied is run onto ball. For this, Villa is great and suits because he is fast, a good dribbler, finishing, long shot, flair, technique, pace and off the ball. Run onto ball is better to apply for a fast player. :D

Yes, I have untick the primary playmaker because i only used one playmaker in my tactic which is at central of midfielder. He must be good dribbler, passing, creative, off the ball, first touch and technique. I do not need to tick because when we have put someone as playmaker, it is automatically will choose your primary playmaker. So you did not to choose it by yourself. But, if you have played 2 player as advanced playmaker, the tactic still choose the primary playmaker by itself. So, you need to choose or tick it yourself to choose which one is better to be a primary and the other one will be as secondary. Just want to mension, its good if we have only one playmaker, so his teamate can supplied the ball only to him to generate the attack. (H)

My main playmaker is Gourcuff but since I have bough Silva, I have rotate both. I still keep both to play together which one of them play as playmaker and other one play as box to box. Just rotate them, so my midefielder is so creative.

hi hanc, thanks for the advice, btw i've just finished up the 2nd half of my season and maintained the lead and won the league with 3-4 games still left to play.

my thoughts on the 4-3-2-1-B tactic
Great job with the tactic on the whole, just that i'm letting in a couple more goals here and there than i used to (was playing quite a defensive performance before), but nothing too major as i'm scoring more now too.

but THANKS alot for completely turning David Villa around for me with this tactic, he's playing better, with maybe just one or two 6.0 games here and there (still can't figure out why though).

oh, and my assistant manager initially kept pointing out that i was getting exposed too much because of the gap between defence and midfield, but i sorted that out by putting the ball winning midfielder on defensive duty.

overall, one of the much better tactics i've downloaded and used, so great job! :)

oh i've a couple of questions abt David Villa, it seems he gets caught offside a lot, do you think i should get him to unlearn "beat the offside trap"? oh and what do you think about getting him to learn "place shots into the corner of the net" as i've always thought a striker with places shots should do well.

cheers!

Well I might try that. De Gea looks good and could do well on rotation with Van Der Saar for a season I think. And its not like the opposition will get much chance to shoot with Ferdinand and Vidic around. Plus there are other young goalkeepers like Joe Coll in the U-19 team

Well I might try that. De Gea looks good and could do well on rotation with Van Der Saar for a season I think. And its not like the opposition will get much chance to shoot with Ferdinand and Vidic around. Plus there are other young goalkeepers like Joe Coll in the U-19 team

I wouldnt personally you have Van Der Sar + the polish one (cant spell his name :L) and you get exposed alot with as defence doesnt always communicate every minute of the game.

hi hanc, thanks for the advice, btw i've just finished up the 2nd half of my season and maintained the lead and won the league with 3-4 games still left to play.

Great job with the tactic on the whole, just that i'm letting in a couple more goals here and there than i used to (was playing quite a defensive performance before), but nothing too major as i'm scoring more now too.

but THANKS alot for completely turning David Villa around for me with this tactic, he's playing better, with maybe just one or two 6.0 games here and there (still can't figure out why though).

oh, and my assistant manager initially kept pointing out that i was getting exposed too much because of the gap between defence and midfield, but i sorted that out by putting the ball winning midfielder on defensive duty.

overall, one of the much better tactics i've downloaded and used, so great job! :)

oh i've a couple of questions abt David Villa, it seems he gets caught offside a lot, do you think i should get him to unlearn "beat the offside trap"? oh and what do you think about getting him to learn "place shots into the corner of the net" as i've always thought a striker with places shots should do well.

cheers!

I do get any player with 'Beat offside trap' to unlearn it and get him to runn down centre place shots is a move he should learn :p

De Gea looks pretty solid though, I was going to try and get Asenjo because he is a wonderkid. I thought Van Der Saar was quite good though.

I do get any player with 'Beat offside trap' to unlearn it and get him to runn down centre place shots is a move he should learn :p

yeah i was thinking he was wasting quite a few opportunities with his constant taking up of offside positions, will get him to unlearn it then and learn place shots instead, cheers mate!

De Gea looks pretty solid though, I was going to try and get Asenjo because he is a wonderkid. I thought Van Der Saar was quite good though.

But he is a Inconsistent player so he will concede plenty of goals :S

yeah i was thinking he was wasting quite a few opportunities with his constant taking up of offside positions, will get him to unlearn it then and learn place shots instead, cheers mate!

:p

cheers!
Your welcome mate. :D

That's good hear your Villa back to track to score goals. Hope he can be great for you. If he cannot be so good, just try to change his role to poacher. ;)

You have done a good job i think because you have tweaked a ball winning midfielder for your benefit. Try to find ball winning midfielder that can marking, tackling, fast, creative and can dribble. So, he can win the ball and launch the counter attack quickly. ^^)

I think the "beat offside traps" is good for striker with speed, dribble, anticipation and finishing. And Villa needs it. I have got this from this forum; http://thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=52767

And you also can read from this forum; http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/...guide-a-definitive-look-hopefully-t31727.html

Likes to try to beat offside trap – Excellent for players with good speed and finishing + composure, who would love a direct passing game. However I believe that poor anticipation and decisions attributes will lead him to move too early and be caught offside in most cases.

For me, you need to train Villa to either these things;
1. Run with ball through center
2. Place shot
3. Round keepers

Hope this can help you. ^^)

Last edited:
Who do you guys play as the target man in the David Villa V3 formation? I'm guessing David Villa if you have him but I have Rooney and Dzeko as strikers, also have Welbeck and Lukaku as bench options, so who out of those would be the target man and which would be the complete forward?