Hi Hancury,

Been using your tactic (Manutd 9.3.0 Jun2009) on my Betis team for some matches now with mixed success (P5 W1 D4). Just a couple of queries:

- which one should be the targetman, FCl or FCr?
- Who do you usually put as the playmaker? The left MC or right MC?
- My strikers are underperforming, could it be just a matter of getting used and gelling with the team, or is it tactical?

Pls advise, thanks!

hey well if u dint play your pre season games wiv this tactic thy wil need atleast 2 months to start gettin used to playin as as a team. as for the playmaker i tend to use the players wiv good vision,creativy and passing:D

Just been given a £140million transfer kitty on my Juve save! No editing I swear.

Who shall I buy? I want to keep an Italian base for the team. A lot of the players with great potential are on loan deals and can't be bought straight away like Lanzafame,Mazzarani,Poli and Acquafresca. I am in need of a AMR who can back up Camoranesi. I know Lanzafame can play there so I might use him their when I buy him.

I think so far that my sales for next season will be : Amauri,Tiago,Grygera, maybe Iaquinta and someone else.

I think I will buy : ones listed above, I will have a player with fairly good potential coming back from a loan next season who can be a back up striker in case of injures or fatigue. I will also try for Criscito as he is versatile.

i wud try to get aguero as he has a buy out clause of 55 million and he has big potential wiv the right training scored 9 in 11 for me so far in all competions

i wud try to get aguero as he has a buy out clause of 55 million and he has big potential wiv the right training scored 9 in 11 for me so far in all competions

I don't fancy Aguero to be honest. I have Rossi who has been amazing this season . I'm at the christmas break and have played 23 games. Rossi has scored 17 and got 10 assists. Giovinco has got 16 goals and 6 assists from LM. Camoranesi has got 15 assists. I've got a load of young talent joining in january and the end of the season. I checked the potential and have bought 4 players with high potential so I am set for the future in some areas. Also got Criscito and Motta coming in during January. Zapata wants to leave Udinese. But I will have Chiellini,Cannavaro,Caceras,Sakho,De Ceglie Grosso,Zebina,Grygera,Legrotagllie and Ariaudo. I think I will sell Grygera in January. Then I will buy Zapata but have him join at the end of the season when I will sell Legrotagllie to avoid unsettling my players. I think Grosso might be sold too as De Ceglie is very good already and Criscito can play there too. I also Have Durvia who will develop into a very good RB or RM.

Last edited:
I don't fancy Aguero to be honest. I have Rossi who has been amazing this season . I'm at the christmas break and have played 23 games. Rossi has scored 17 and got 10 assists. Giovinco has got 16 goals and 6 assists from LM. Camoranesi has got 15 assists. I've got a load of young talent joining in january and the end of the season. I checked the potential and have bought 4 players with high potential so I am set for the future in some areas. Also got Criscito and Motta coming in during January. Zapata wants to leave Udinese. But I will have Chiellini,Cannavaro,Caceras,Sakho,De Ceglie Grosso,Zebina,Grygera,Legrotagllie and Ariaudo. I think I will sell Grygera in January. Then I will buy Zapata but have him join at the end of the season when I will sell Legrotagllie to avoid unsettling my players. I think Grosso might be sold too as De Ceglie is very good already and Criscito can play there too. I also Have Durvia who will develop into a very good RB or RM.

fair enuf thn

I'm struggling to get the best out of Rooney. He always seems to be **** ratings for me in AMC (like 5.9) but he doesn't have good enough finishing or pace to play as a striker. And he always goes for long shots that miss.

I'm struggling to get the best out of Rooney. He always seems to be **** ratings for me in AMC (like 5.9) but he doesn't have good enough finishing or pace to play as a striker. And he always goes for long shots that miss.

if his rating are terrible at half time giv him a team talk like 'i have faith' i do and comes out wiv a rating wiv nearly a 7 7/10 and for the long shots ask him to not to shoot long :)

To be honest mate i respect your ambition but man united can work with most tactics, i played 4-5-1 long ball football with them and our record was w32 d4 l2 I prefer lower league management as it allows me to really think about the tactics and i find it more fun

To be honest mate i respect your ambition but man united can work with most tactics, i played 4-5-1 long ball football with them and our record was w32 d4 l2 I prefer lower league management as it allows me to really think about the tactics and i find it more fun

I think that your missing the point. He developed the tactic with Man Utd not specifically for them. It works with pretty much every team. And yes you can use any tactic with Man Utd but what he has done is make a tactic that produces good football and gets the best out of your team.

well, i started this game with actualli the country spain. as i would like to take charge of 2 clubs n all other clubs did nt have a vacancy and portsmouth was the only 1 having vacancy so ya. i did read up on some of ur tactics n have used it. it was great!
can u give me a few suggestion?
btw do u haf a manchester united skin?

I'm not scoring many goals right now. Switched to the V4 and started scoring more but at the same time conceded more than I should with my first choice defense.

How do you score more? Am I struggling because my AMCs arn't god enough (I have Rooney and Anderson who are the main ones). Also with the V4 I find that my wingers shoot when they have a low chance of scoring while other players are in better positions to get the ball and score.Is it worth me changing 1 of my wingers instructions so he doesn't shoot all the time? I don't want to end up losing by loads like other people who have tried to change things.

Also, Should I put Nani nd Tosic on Winger or Attacking Mid training (TUGS). Also should Anderson go on the Attacking Mid training or Hanc's 'Anderson' training.

Last edited:
well, i started this game with actualli the country spain. as i would like to take charge of 2 clubs n all other clubs did nt have a vacancy and portsmouth was the only 1 having vacancy so ya. i did read up on some of ur tactics n have used it. it was great!
can u give me a few suggestion?
btw do u haf a manchester united skin?

Sorry guys..I'm so busy in studying engineering. ^^) Ok..I have seen you team. Every position is so strong except winger. I think you need to sign winger likes Balotelli, Sanchez and Rodriguez. I have Rodriguez and he doing a lots of assists.

Maybe you need some striker that more powerful than Hull likes Aguero, Balotelli, Sanchez, Artem and Vucinic. ^^)

Hi Hancury,

Been using your tactic (Manutd 9.3.0 Jun2009) on my Betis team for some matches now with mixed success (P5 W1 D4). Just a couple of queries:

- which one should be the targetman, FCl or FCr?
- Who do you usually put as the playmaker? The left MC or right MC?
- My strikers are underperforming, could it be just a matter of getting used and gelling with the team, or is it tactical?

Pls advise, thanks!

Sorry for the late replied.
1. The targetman that I choose is a fast striker with good finishing and dribbling likes Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Balotelli, Artem, Vucinic and Sanchez.

2. Playmaker is someona that have a forward arrow. And he must have a good creativity, passing, dribbling and off the ball.

3. Who is your striker? Maybe he needs to gel with the tactic and teammate. Maybe the instructions is not suits to him.

I'm not scoring many goals right now. Switched to the V4 and started scoring more but at the same time conceded more than I should with my first choice defense.

How do you score more? Am I struggling because my AMCs arn't god enough (I have Rooney and Anderson who are the main ones). Also with the V4 I find that my wingers shoot when they have a low chance of scoring while other players are in better positions to get the ball and score.Is it worth me changing 1 of my wingers instructions so he doesn't shoot all the time? I don't want to end up losing by loads like other people who have tried to change things.

Also, Should I put Nani nd Tosic on Winger or Attacking Mid training (TUGS). Also should Anderson go on the Attacking Mid training or Hanc's 'Anderson' training.

Ok..I see. Now you need to set again the instructions for MC. I just set all my MC mentality either left or right is normal. You can refer to the screen. In the screen, Matias is reacted as MC with forward arrow and he is likely to help team to attack more than defense. He still can recover defense line because his mentality is set as normal. So, he can attack and defense at the same time.

Another MC I used Iniesta. His mentality still normal in order to cover defense. But he was set to run with ball often because he has a great dribbling and skills. Compared to Martias, Iniesta has better when tackling and marking. I set him to hold up the ball because he can hold the ball for a second before he passing to the attacking member either through ball, short or long ball.

Both MC was set to have much creative freedom because these guys are my playmaker. I just want one of my playmaker (MC with forward arrow) will attack more while another one (MC with no forward arrow) will recover the defense and if the ball get to him (MC with no forward arrow), he can launch a counter attack quickly likes Iniesta done for me. ^^)

Remember, if the MC which position likes Iniesta not have a good dribbling, you just set him to run with ball is mixed. So, he judge when he can dribble or not. And the important thing is the both MC is a playmaker. So they can pass a great ball to the wingers and strikers. ^^)

I have scored more because my striker is Ronaldo. Now I have Aguero and he is so good likes Ronaldo. It also depends on the AMC and I suggest Mata and Silva as AMC. Rooney can be train as AMR. Anderson can be as MC with forward arrow. If that happen you set them to long shot rarely. Maybe it will helps. ^^)

I preffered you use Tugs Tarining but you need adjust the training depends on their abilities that you want to improve. ^^)

hey han ur squad is lookin stronger thn ever :D wish i cud finish a season as quick as u :L myn seem to take for ever to complete

and have u got a link for the portuguese league face pack?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help but I think the main problem seems to be with getting strikers to score and getting the AMC to play well. I don't have anyone like Silva.

I'm selling Owen for 2.5mil as he has only scored 1 goal and had lots of chances in the team. Also I will sell Berbatov for 35mil. who shall I buy? On one hand Aguero is tempting as I need to score more goals ( I play Balotelli as AMR and he has just as many goals as Rooney) but the AMC doesn't play well so I might buy a better one.

Or I will use V4 until the end of the season and buy a striker or someone else maybe (suggestions) because then I will get money in the summer to use.

hey han ur squad is lookin stronger thn ever :D wish i cud finish a season as quick as u :L myn seem to take for ever to complete

and have u got a link for the portuguese league face pack?

Yeah. This is my strongest squad after update. ^^) It takes time for me to build this team. ;)
Sorry mate, I don't have it.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Thanks for the help but I think the main problem seems to be with getting strikers to score and getting the AMC to play well. I don't have anyone like Silva.

I'm selling Owen for 2.5mil as he has only scored 1 goal and had lots of chances in the team. Also I will sell Berbatov for 35mil. who shall I buy? On one hand Aguero is tempting as I need to score more goals ( I play Balotelli as AMR and he has just as many goals as Rooney) but the AMC doesn't play well so I might buy a better one.

Or I will use V4 until the end of the season and buy a striker or someone else maybe (suggestions) because then I will get money in the summer to use.

Ok. I suggest Mata, Arshavin and Matias Fernandez. They are so good for AMC. For striker, I suggest you purchase Artem, Vucinic, Rossi, Cardozo and look the screens. There are some of good players.;)

Last edited:
Yeah. This is my strongest squad after update. ^^) It takes time for me to build this team. ;)

Ok cheers. yeah it looks awsome :) i need to get my season over with so i can get my squad nicely and strong :D

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Ok. I suggest Mata, Arshavin and Matias Fernandez. They are so good for AMC. For striker, I suggest you purchase Artem, Vucinic, Rossi, Cardozo and look the screens. There are some of good players.;)

Thanks. I will try for Fernandez if I can because I think if I solve the AMC problem then the strikers will score more. I tried buying Mata but they turned down 30mil and 5mil plus Berbatov. I'm having trouble selling Berbatov though. Lots of clubs are interested but they don't put in decent bids.
Also I won't be hard up for strikers if I just buy a good AMC because Balotelli can play there and I can train Rooney as an AMR and have a lot of players who can play there.

Last edited: