Name & Shame Cheats

• Thread starter Thread starter Giggles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 6K
Vidic's dive today was epic. I don't get how someone pulling you back could make you leap so high and far.
Kyrgiakos on thursday was terrible both feet went higher than the defenders head

Gerrard is one of biggest divers in modern football he hears footsteps and he goes to ground.

Gerrard has dived about 4/5 times in his career. The liked of Ronaldo are much, much worse my friend.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Gerrard has dived about 4/5 times in his career. The likes of Ronaldo are much, much worse my friend.

Gerrard has dived about 4/5 times in his career. The liked of Ronaldo are much, much worse my friend.

I disagree in fairness to Ronaldo he does get lot of heavy treatment and makes a meal of it Gerrard has his dive perfected were he lands on his knees and flicks his left arm in the air he has done some horrendous ones my friend

I disagree in fairness to Ronaldo he does get lot of heavy treatment and makes a meal of it Gerrard has his dive perfected were he lands on his knees and flicks his left arm in the air he has done some horrendous ones my friend

Gerrard might go down theatrically, that's totally different to diving.

Gerrard might go down theatrically, that's totally different to diving.

Diving is going down theatrically i.e. making the most of none challenge or a very little challenge

Last edited:
Diving his going down theatrically i.e. making the most of none challenge or a very little challenge

No, diving is going down from no contact. There is a difference between that and going down theatrically.

DIVE:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJTYQqdlzY"]YouTube - Fernando Torres Dives Against Chile Piscinazo de Fernando torres contra Chile[/ame]

GOING DOWN THEATRICALLY:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W75xQMTyU24&feature=related"]YouTube - Alonso gets booked for a dive against Arsenal[/ame]

I would say diving is going to ground when there has been no contact from the opposing player. Gerrard dives on occasions but it often gets highlighted because he went on about how diving is ruining the game. Players like Van Persie and Drogba don't dive in my opinion. In most cases there is contact from the opposing player but they go down as if they've been shot in the leg by a sniper. That is totally different from diving I think, as for Nani today, he wasn't diving, he was just making the most of the minimal contact. It depends how you look at it really but that's what I think.

I would say diving is going to ground when there has been no contact from the opposing player. Gerrard dives on occasions but it often gets highlighted because he went on about how diving is ruining the game. Players like Van Persie and Drogba don't dive in my opinion. In most cases there is contact from the opposing player but they go down as if they've been shot in the leg by a sniper. That is totally different from diving I think, as for Nani today, he wasn't diving, he was just making the most of the minimal contact. It depends how you look at it really but that's what I think.

Yep, this.

Yeah I see what you mean I personally feel diving is trying to gain an unfair advantage hence why I said going down theatrically could be considerd diving but thats just my opinion. This comment pretty much covers the basics of diving really :)

No, diving is going down from no contact. There is a difference between that and going down theatrically.

I agree. Stevie usually(and i say this because he did go down with out contact horribley against bolton once) goes down after there is contact.

To be honest, Ronaldo averaged 2 or 3 a game in his prime, so there's no contest.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJTYQqdlzY"]YouTube - Fernando Torres Dives Against Chile Piscinazo de Fernando torres contra Chile[/ame]

Doesn't anyone else see torres right foot hit this defenders knee, hence why his leg change direction suddently???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZpapsRcQgk"]YouTube - torres dive vs manu[/ame]

I agree. Stevie usually(and i say this because he did go down with out contact horribley against bolton once) goes down after there is contact.

To be honest, Ronaldo averaged 2 or 3 a game in his prime, so there's no contest.

YouTube - Fernando Torres Dives Against Chile Piscinazo de Fernando torres contra Chile

Doesn't anyone else see torres right foot hit this defenders knee, hence why his leg change direction suddently???

He still went down very theatrically. There's no need for the arms to fly up, and I don't think he even needed to go down

Back