Nani misses out on PFA shortlist

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K
Kelly has only made about 6 or 7 appearances though :S

I think he's played about 20-25 games this season, but only 11 in the league. I'm not saying he should win it, just that he is arguably our most improved player this season and has played so well infact, we've started playing England's first choice right back at left back.

Is it not called player of the year for a reason?...

I understand, but I just don't think he deserves to be on it.

Bale & Adam not so much.

Charlie Adam has been great this season, fair play to him. Bale is just coming into his own.

Bale, Charlie Adam had one good season. In fact Bale had half good season and also Nasri (This year his form has dropped very much).

And also these awards are for the performances in this season, not how good and consistent you are/were for few seasons.

Ok, fair enough. I am just saying (again). I just thought that maybe, over a few seasons, players would be considered a little more than those who have had a good season, then gone way-ward. Bale and Adam, surely, have been consistent for more than a season for their clubs. Maybe not Bale, but Adam was brilliant for Blackpool last season in the Championship. Yes, it's the Championship, but the performances should not be discouraged.

I think he's played about 20-25 games this season, but only 11 in the league. I'm not saying he should win it, just that he is arguably our most improved player this season and has played so well infact, we've started playing England's first choice right back at left back.
Not saying much tbh...

Yeah well Richards has been in 28 games in total and been pretty good, Vidic has played in 41 and has pretty much been excellent this season. And Djourou has featured in 31. The other I don't doubt are excellent, but Vidic has been nominated for a reason. Other people think he's much better. And I have to admit, I'm one of them. But there's not much to choose from in the quality between Vidic and Dawson. Both quality

Last edited:
Be honest, you were getting desperate after you'd named 3 weren't you?
Micah richards has only made 15 premier league appearances this season. He only just won his place back in the man city team a month or two ago and went on a run of good form.
You reckon he is more worthy of a nomination for player of the year than vidic?

My 6 would be:

van der Vaart
Tevez
Nasri
Nani
Nolan/Barton
Adam

If we're going to argue about good defenders this season, Coloccini & Enrique :wub:

Parker to win, without him I think West Ham would've been confirmed relegated by now - he kept them afloat while the rest of the squad was playing like ****.

Now they're doing better I hope his importance isn't overlooked.

Also, Wilshere for Young Player of course.

Pretty sure the PFA awards are voted for around December'ish, so it wouldn't surprise me if Nasri and Bale won POTY and YPOTY, respectively.

That said, if they were to vote now, I have no doubt that neither of the above would be overall winner of either award; injuries have seen off much of their 2011.

Be honest, you were getting desperate after you'd named 3 weren't you?
Micah richards has only made 15 premier league appearances this season. He only just won his place back in the man city team a month or two ago and went on a run of good form.
You reckon he is more worthy of a nomination for player of the year than vidic?

Yeah I was running out after 3.

But you cant argue with the first 3!

Barton and Nolan should be on the list, if not both....then at least one.

No way should charlie adam be on that list over Nolan and Barton.

Interesting fact, Dirk Kuyt has more goals and assists in the same amount of games that Gareth Bale has had.

Interesting fact, Dirk Kuyt has more goals and assists in the same amount of games that Gareth Bale has had.

Have you seen our strikers?

If we had a class act up front then Bale would easily have 10+ assists, with the quality balls he puts in the box

Have you seen our strikers?

If we had a class act up front then Bale would easily have 10+ assists, with the quality balls he puts in the box

Well for half the season we had a lazy, do nothing Torres. Then Suarez, who isn't too good from crosses.

Suarez doesn't need to cross, he just walks it in to the box.

Back