Nani misses out on PFA shortlist

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K
I stopped taking these PFA Awards seriously when Fletcher got into the Team of the Year last season when Lampard scored over 20 goals in the league alone.

This is surprising, but I guess he is competing against some players who have been equally as good. They should make the shortlist bigger.

I stopped taking these PFA Awards seriously when Fletcher got into the Team of the Year last season when Lampard scored over 20 goals in the league alone.

This is surprising, but I guess he is competing against some players who have been equally as good. They should make the shortlist bigger.

Last season Lampard was so poor in the first half of the season and was not at all helped by diamond formation. It was from mid Jan and feb he found his form. And voting is done by feb end.

Last season Lampard was so poor in the first half of the season and was not at all helped by diamond formation. It was from mid Jan and feb he found his form. And voting is done by feb end.

Chelsea only played the diamond for the first month of the season, it obviously didn't get the best out of Lamps or the team. He was at his best around October when we reverted back to 4-3-3.

Chelsea only played the diamond for the first month of the season, it obviously didn't get the best out of Lamps or the team. He was at his best around October when we reverted back to 4-3-3.

Still dont get why he wasnt picked, clearly performances arent enough..

As far as i remember, he was back to form in the mid jan and was average to poor in the first half of the season.

Nani aside, I must say I am annoyed not to see Martin Kelly amongst the young player of the year nominees.

My six:
Nani
Nolan
Adam
Vidic
Baines
Tevez

Nani aside, I must say I am annoyed not to see Martin Kelly amongst the young player of the year nominees.

Why should Martin Kelly be nominated ahead of any of those listed?

Who are the nominees for young player of the year?

Jack Wilshere, Joe Hart, Seamus Coleman, Gareth Bale, Samir Nasri and Nani.

Also included in the bottom of the OP.

Nice one. Nasri and Nani are hardly young though? Coleman definitely deserves to be on there.

Nice one. Nasri and Nani are hardly young though? Coleman definitely deserves to be on there.

No, they aren't, and should either be included on the standard PFA shortlist or none at all.

the 6 nominees should be:

Kompany,Vidic,Nani,Nasri,Adam,Tevez

Dont think bale deserves a place as he has been injured as if you actually look at his staticts, he aint done much this season compared to other listed above.

I want Van Der Vaart on the list, but from above i don't know who to take off, as kompany does derserve a nomination.

Dont know parker is on the list, only been good since febuary really and his team is near relagation zone, a PFA player of year should be someone who carries his team or does amazing abbility to win something.

Scott Parker has single handedly dragged his team to the brink of safety on more than one occasion. Definitely deserves to be there.

Should probably win it.

No clearly Vidic or Adam deserves it. , Teevez get nominated but not win it because there team is amazing and still they aint give a ight for the title so he shouldnt win it.

Adam has saved his team from being bottom, that deserves a medel. Every1 expected blackpool to finish 20th, adam has made blackpool be amazing with the help of Ian holloway and his words of magic :L

Okay, IAN HOLLOWAY for manager of the year, ahahahahaha

Blackpool amazing?
Lost 10 of their last 13, and are 17th. They're still going to go down, especially with United at OT on the last day.

Adam's been good, but nothing special. Vidic or Parker should win it, probably Parker slightly more so - but Vidic probably will win it as he's captain of the potential champions.

Why should Martin Kelly be nominated ahead of any of those listed?

I just don't agree that Nasri/Nani should be there. Not exactly young are they. That's why I feel that way. Nani should be in the player of the year and Kelly should be in the young player.

I just don't agree that Nasri/Nani should be there. Not exactly young are they. That's why I feel that way. Nani should be in the player of the year and Kelly should be in the young player.

Kelly has only made about 6 or 7 appearances though :S

Adam has played extremally well, i think he is better then parker anytime :L.

Nani should win it no doubt. Played extremally well.

Blackpool on last day AGASINT UNITED, unlucky for them. United are the best team :D

Back